Roko Ukic vs. NBA competition

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Drunkballer, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">FC BARCELONA 104, PHILADELPHIA 99

76ers Struggle, Stunned By FC Barcelona
    BARCELONA, Spain, Oct. 5 (Ticker) -- Maurice Cheeks might want to consider having the Philadelphia 76ers take some extra free throws in practice.

The 76ers put on a woeful shooting performance at the line as they lost to FC Barcelona, 104-99, in the NBA Europe Live Tour.

With commissioner David Stern in attendance, the Sixers sank just 26-of-48 free throws (54 percent) en route to becoming the first NBA team to fall to a European squad in Europe since the American franchises started visiting the continent in 1987.

By contrast, the hosts connected on 26-of-29 free throws (90 percent). Juan Carlos Navarro scored 18 points and Gianluca Basile added 17 for Barcelona, which lost to CSKA Moscow in the Euroleague Final Four last season.

Samuel Dalembert collected 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Sixers, pulling them within 91-90 on a layup with just over two minutes remaining.

But Jaka Lakovic countered with a layup and the hosts pulled away, opening a 100-91 advantage on a four-point play by Basile with just over a minute to go. Barcelona connected on 10-of-24 3-pointers, while the Sixers were just 3-of-8 from beyond the arc. </div> Recap

- 5pts 1 ast 1 rebound in 12 minutes againts the 76rs. box score

Roko was and still is an intriguing prospect, however I think his development has gone slower than expected. He switched to FC barcelona because of difficulties with his Coach & playing time at TAU Ceramica. Hopefully he can play significant minutes at FC Barcelona this year. Also I think the game against Philly was broadcast on Raptors TV so if anyone saw the game they might be able to shed somelight on how Roko Looked?

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I can care less about Ukic now. Just let him develop, and if he develops enough to make it worth bringing him over/buying it, do so, but it shouldn't be any concern right now. Our PG situation is not bad right now, and Ukic isn't going to be a saviour any time soon

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Coming into the draft in 2005, he was seen as one of the top point guards behind Williams, Paul, and Felton, so I was surprised when slipped to the second round. But even if he turns out to be a bust, it shouldn't matter since it was a second round value pick. Plus Ford should be the perfect with the fastbreak style the Raptors are instituting this season.