Raps and Ford close on extension

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Premium, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Toronto Sun - Point guard T.J. Ford and his agent said talks on a contract extension with the Raptors are progressing, which likely is helping Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo sleep better at night, considering what the Raptors gave up to get him.

Ford came to the team in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks in June, with Charlie Villanueva going the other way.

Colangelo wouldn't comment yesterday on Ford's contract status. Ford's agent, Arn Tellem, said in an e-mail: "We have had productive talks with the Raptors. We remain optimistic that a deal will be reached. T.J. hopes to be there long-term</div>

Full story

2. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

That fast? I didn't see this coming.

3. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

the question is how much and how long for a guard with an injury history? i say 4 years at 7 million=$28 million

4. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Sign him NOW. We can't let him have a big season and ask for more money.

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Taking into consideration that his spine injury is more of an anomaly than anything, I'd go for 5 years.

6. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

TJ ford has a lot leverage in these negotiations just due to the fact that his contract runs out next year while CV31 does in 2008/09. In essence the tj ford trade will be seen as a colossal failure if we don't sign him long term - something likely his agent understands and he will push for everything he can get. Therefore I think regardless of the length money and details we will end up overpaying tj ford (compared to his true market value) but i guess its a price we have to pay.

7. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Well isn't TJ a restricted free agent, so we can always see what other teams offer and match?

I wonder how much TJ is asking for.