12 man active roster

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Drunkballer, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

Considering our new found depth im wondering what 12 players we will dress when everyone is healthy. These are my thoughts but i am also looking forward to hearing from you guys interms of who to dress and who not to dress and what to do with the guys who don't dress eg. NBDL

My prediction

12 Man active:

(1) Chris Bosh
    (2) TJ. Ford
    (3) Mo Pete
    (4) Fred Jones
    (5) Anthony Parker
    (6) Andrea Bargnani
    (7) Jorge Garbajosa
    (8) Joey Graham
    (9) Jose Calderon
    (10) Rasho

On the Bubble for the final two spots : Humphries, SLOKAR and P.J Tucker

Guys who won't dress: Darrick Martin and Pape Sow

Thoughts on the roster space:

- P.J tucker versitility helps him out & he could very well beat out Joey Graham for a spot on the active roster they are simaler enough players. But i would think the politics of not dressing your #1 pick would likely give joey the edge for now. I like the fact that we can send players to the NBDL and call them up. Hopefully if tucker gets stuck not dressing they send him down there so he can play.

Slokar - I just can't see why he would sign a contract with Tor. if he wasn't gauranteed to dress. He could be a star in Europe & i don't see how his agent would let hime get stuck as a guy who dosen't dress for game action. Nevertheless right now he looks like the Odd Man out.

Humphries - I think his pre-season play has gauranteed him a spot on the active.

- Pape Sow is a wild card, Im really unsure about the severity of his injuryy i originally thought he was out for the year but just recently there seems to be new info that he could be participating in Full contact basketballl sooner than later.

D. Martin - For me the only clear cut guy who i see as not dressing. Although the raps might look to play calderon and ford together much like the sons with Barbosa and nash for there might be room them to carry a 3rd point Gaurd. However the fact that Jones is capable of logging some minutes at the point will likely work against him.