Cavs vs Raps

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by hustler, Oct 22, 2006.

1. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

2. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto's audio for the game

Hughes has 5 assists already, still 2:16 left in 1st quarter.
    Humphries started today, as did Calderon.

Mo Pete has 2 early 3s.

Calderon, Humphries and Garbajosa all have 2 fouls.

3. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

Ahh .. you guys beat me to the game thread.

So far it's the end of the 1st, here's what I've seen so far:

-Lebron James is actually playing, but Ford, Bosh and Bargnani are not going to play (according to Chuck)
    -PJ Tucker is stealing Joey Graham's job like it's no one's business. Tucker is exactly the type of player I think we all thought Graham was going to be last year.
    -Humphries is ok on offense but he sucks at team D, he doesn't move on his rotations at all. He had a nice dunk on Gooden.
    -Our overall defense looks wwaay better than last year, we're getting a fair number of steals off entry passes and guys like garbajosa are stepping up to give help when needed.
    -Clevland has their actual starters out there so it's not bad to watch and see how our subs are doing.

4. Skiptomylue11

Derrick Martin is playing, yarg!
    Uros Slokar is making an appearance too.

Tucker has 5 pts, 2 steals

5. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Fred Jones is easily looking like the best Raptor out there.

Rasho had a nice block on Lebron.

6. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Derrick Martin is playing, yarg!
    </div>

That's what i was thinking too ... what is the point when he'd be like the 4th guy to play PG on our depth chart? Those minutes should go to someone else who needs to get comfortable and is actually going to play this year.

7. hustler

<div class="quote_poster">a13x Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ahh .. you guys beat me to the game thread.

So far it's the end of the 1st, here's what I've seen so far:

-Lebron James is actually playing, but Ford, Bosh and Bargnani are not going to play (according to Chuck)
    -PJ Tucker is stealing Joey Graham's job like it's no one's business. Tucker is exactly the type of player I think we all thought Graham was going to be last year.
    -Humphries is ok on offense but he sucks at team D, he doesn't move on his rotations at all. He had a nice dunk on Gooden.
    -Our overall defense looks wwaay better than last year, we're getting a fair number of steals off entry passes and guys like garbajosa are stepping up to give help when needed.
    -Clevland has their actual starters out there so it's not bad to watch and see how our subs are doing.</div>
    Thanks for the info.

8. hustler

Looks like Donyell and Rasho both got technical fouls in the 3rd quarter.

9. hustler

91-90 is the final. Raps win.

10. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

how did they win?

11. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">TORONTO (AP) -- Fred Jones scored 22 points and the new-look Toronto Raptors remained unbeaten in the preseason with a 91-90 victory over Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday night.

Kris Humphries had 16 points and nine rebounds and Morris Peterson added 16 points for the Raptors, who are 6-0 in exhibition play.

Toronto won despite missing All-Star forward Chris Bosh (plantar fasciitis), No. 1 pick Andrea Bargnani (sore left ankle) and point guard T.J. Ford (sore left hamstring and back).

Bosh has missed three preseason games.

LeBron James scored 21 points in three quarters for the Cavaliers, who dropped to 2-5.

Jones signed with Toronto in the offseason and is expected to back up Anthony Parker, who hasn't played as well as Jones in the preseason.

The Raptors trailed by as many as 13 in the first half, but they began on the second half on a 15-4 run. </div>
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Amc...?gid=2006102228

Bosh's injury is starting to worry me a little. I have no idea what plantar fasciitis is, but it always seems to be a killer for players.

12. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

observations:

Uros "dont call me euro trash" Slokar
    -typical euro skilled big man
    -really long so presents a problem defensively and as a rebounder for the opposition
    -speak english really well btw, he did an interview after the game

Kris Humpries
    -athletic as it comes for a big
    -posterized drew gooden, although, gooden looked disinterested the entire game
    -little bit slow on his rotations

Garbosa
    -not a good game, looks tired and old

Fred Jones
    -not enough superlatives in the english language can describe this dude
    -colangelo should thanks his lucky stars that salmons got cold feet

Sam Mitchell
    -our offensive sets were amateur
    -fyi-the last play of the game was a complete disaster but humpries gobbled up the board

Thing U would like to Know...
    -samuel L. jackson was the halftime guest, he waxed poetic about his love for the raptors; says he follows them year round and even attended games during the initial years
    -sam jackson was also showed talking to chris bosh's mother and it looked like he was heading into the raptor locker room after the game
    -lebron james intercepted a pass from caledron in mid court and glanced at the crowd for a good two seconds or so afterwards
    -bosh, tj and bargnani didn't play
    -*sam mitchell mentioned in his pre-game comments that bosh would be dealing with pain in his heel all year, something like what tim duncan endured last year

13. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Bosh's injury is starting to worry me a little. I have no idea what plantar fasciitis is, but it always seems to be a killer for players.</div>

All the preseason excitement was killed when I found out Bosh had PF.... this isn't just a sore heel like we've all assumed, this is something much worse.

I just hope it doesn't affect him as much as it did for Timmy last season...

14. Skiptomylue11

plantar fasciitis messed up Doug Christie, Tim Duncan, I think Wally Szerbiack too. I have no clue how it works, or what exactly it is, or how long it takes for it to heal. (seems to either recur or take a while to heal)

Fred Jones seems to be working out well for us to replace the big hole @ SG left by the VC trade, how much did we sign him for and for how many years?

15. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

Fred Jones seems to be working out well for us to replace the big hole @ SG left by the VC trade, how much did we sign him for and for how many years?</div>

fred jones reminds me of a young vince carter in his rookie year- a below average jumper so he explodes to the basket to compensate

16. Skiptomylue11

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">fred jones reminds me of a young vince carter in his rookie year- a below average jumper so he explodes to the basket to compensate</div>
    Too bad he is not a rookie lol. At least he probably doesn't cost 12 mill a year [​IMG] .

17. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Too bad he is not a rookie lol. At least he probably doesn't cost 12 mill a year [​IMG] .</div>
    Actually, he costs $12 mil over 4 years. [​IMG]

18. hustler

I thought we were actually going to lose this one.

19. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

It's kind of alarming to see the lack of contribution from Parker, especially with all our main guys out. 4 points, 2 shot attempts in 25 minutes? I thought he would have taken this opportunity to step up [​IMG]

I know it's still early, but Parker has had his chances to contribute and has been pretty disappointing so far. Bargnani, Tucker, Jones, Garbajosa, Ford have all at least shown something so far. He's been pretty much invisible.

20. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Eclipse Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It's kind of alarming to see the lack of contribution from Parker, especially with all our main guys out. 4 points, 2 shot attempts in 25 minutes? I thought he would have taken this opportunity to step up [​IMG] </div>

I think people's expectations of Parker are not what we're likely to see from him here in Toronto. I'm expecting more of a defensive presence rather than an offensive one. Sure he'll have some good offensive numbers from time to time, but where I think he'll be more valuable and where we'll see him more consistant on this team is his ability to play some stand-up defence ala Mo Pete. Maybe even better than Mo. JMO though!