Matt Bonner

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by rafy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

2. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    makes you miss him [​IMG]</div>

Meh, the player I don't miss in the slightest, but as a person they don't get any more appreciative and humble than Bonner comes. Personality aside, we'll definitely not miss his contributions because we've filled his void with players that are not as one dimension as Bonner is.

All the best to him in SA, but we're off without him in my opinion.

3. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Bonner looks like he would've killed KG or something like that.

4. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

got to love pape sow, rafer, mo. pete and lammond murray for saving bonner's life. great moment in raptor history, especially with bonner being ejected to the "bonner, bonner" chant.

5. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Dr. J. Naismith Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Meh, the player I don't miss in the slightest, but as a person they don't get any more appreciative and humble than Bonner comes. Personality aside, we'll definitely not miss his contributions because we've filled his void with players that are not as one dimension as Bonner is.

All the best to him in SA, but we're off without him in my opinion.</div>

I'm not saying we'll miss his contribution on the court. I mean just look at our roster. He's just a guy that every team needs.

I can't see any purpose for d-mart. Especially with ford, calderon and prehaps jones switching down. But he's good for the team even without playing.

If we could do that trade all over again, I'd do it in a second, especially because we got rid of e dubb. But if we could have kept bonner, I'd be ecstatic.

6. hustler

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not saying we'll miss his contribution on the court. I mean just look at our roster. He's just a guy that every team needs.

I can't see any purpose for d-mart. Especially with ford, calderon and prehaps jones switching down. But he's good for the team even without playing.

If we could do that trade all over again, I'd do it in a second, especially because we got rid of e dubb. But if we could have kept bonner, I'd be ecstatic.</div>
    I agree, Bonner is just some regular guy on the street who takes the bus to work and hustles hard at his job.

7. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

a hard foul against KG certainly does NOT make me miss bonner lol.

if bonner won MVP this year, i might miss him. other wise im pretty happy seeing garbs or bargs getting his minutes. bonner was a 1 dimmensional player who's only skill was streaky last season.

8. norespect

norespect JBB gotta nuke something...

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Bonner looks like he would've killed KG or something like that.</div>

Were u watching the same clip i was? He ran away after the hard foul....

The only guy i miss is palacio...brings a tear to my eye when i saw his jersey, as he tried to help garnett up. GREAT PLAYER.

9. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">norespect Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Were u watching the same clip i was? He ran away after the hard foul....

The only guy i miss is palacio...brings a tear to my eye when i saw his jersey, as he tried to help garnett up. GREAT PLAYER.</div>
    Yea I'd like to have Palacio back, instead of Derrick Martin.

Bonner was a good guy, his basketball contributions are fairly easily replaced with Garbajosa's contributions. However Bonner thought of himself as a pretty regular guy, sometimes a rare thing in the nba.

10. hustler

<div class="quote_poster">norespect Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Were u watching the same clip i was? He ran away after the hard foul....

The only guy i miss is palacio...brings a tear to my eye when i saw his jersey, as he tried to help garnett up. GREAT PLAYER.</div>
    Yea, but I wasn't responding to the video, I was just talking about Bonner as a player in general.