Losing to Cavs Would Have Been Good?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by AirJordan, Oct 23, 2006.

1. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

I know this sounds dumb but....

We all know its easy to play after a win when you have a lot of momentum, but we are yet to see how this team comes back from loses, especially close game loses. I know it the preseason and the players won't take a loss that bad, but it's always good to get to know the team better in the preseason.

2. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

Meh, enjoy the wins now because as impressive as our preseason has been, we're definitely not going to be this successful come regular season. A better team then previous seasons? Forsure, but all-in-all I still think we're an 8th or 9th seated team in the East.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I know this sounds dumb but....

We all know its easy to play after a win when you have a lot of momentum, but we are yet to see how this team comes back from loses, especially close game loses. I know it the preseason and the players won't take a loss that bad, but it's always good to get to know the team better in the preseason.</div>

Easy solution: win every game and we don't have to worry about that problem [​IMG]

But seriously, I don't think it really matters, especially not in the preseason. If you look at the preseason standings, mostly every team that made the playoffs last season has a losing record. Not really indicative of how we will play in the regular season, win or lose.

Most of these guys are veterans and have been through all this before. They will have plenty of chances to bounce back from losses in the regular season [​IMG]

4. AirJordan

<div class="quote_poster">Eclipse Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Easy solution: win every game and we don't have to worry about that problem [​IMG]

But seriously, I don't think it really matters, especially not in the preseason. If you look at the preseason standings, mostly every team that made the playoffs last season has a losing record. Not really indicative of how we will play in the regular season, win or lose.

Most of these guys are veterans and have been through all this before. They will have plenty of chances to bounce back from losses in the regular season [​IMG]</div>

Yeah I know the players don't take preseason losses that hard, its just a side of the team we haven't seen. We do have veterans but only 3 have played for more than 5 years. I've been apart of many teams and the chemistry within the team is always different

5. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I know this sounds dumb but....

We all know its easy to play after a win when you have a lot of momentum, but we are yet to see how this team comes back from loses, especially close game loses. I know it the preseason and the players won't take a loss that bad, but it's always good to get to know the team better in the preseason.</div>

Why not just get used to the feeling of winning. All the wins just boost our confidence and if we can carry that momentum and confidence into the regular season it will definately help.

6. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Iggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why not just get used to the feeling of winning. All the wins just boost our confidence and if we can carry that momentum and confidence into the regular season it will definately help.</div>

Im all for that

beating the cavs without TJ, Bosh, or Bargs was a good thing. It's helping the confidence of our young guys, giving them PT, and lets face it, winning is more fun to watch. im glad we won

7. AirJordan

<div class="quote_poster">Premium Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Im all for that

beating the cavs without TJ, Bosh, or Bargs was a good thing. It's helping the confidence of our young guys, giving them PT, and lets face it, winning is more fun to watch. im glad we won</div>

its preseason so u cant really watch unless u have raps tv or something

8. Premium

I know...and I have it, so I guess I was speaking for myself, anyone else with rapsTV, and the people who were at the games

9. AirJordan

<div class="quote_poster">Premium Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I know...and I have it, so I guess I was speaking for myself, anyone else with rapsTV, and the people who were at the games</div>

id still rather them learn from losing in the preseason than regular

10. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">id still rather them learn from losing in the preseason than regular</div>

True, but its not as if our wins are 100% mistake free. Who's to say they arent learning from a win? every game they play is a chance to learn things...learning from a win is nothing to sneeze at [​IMG]

11. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">its preseason so u cant really watch unless u have raps tv or something</div>

You can also download them. That's unfortunately what I have to do this year as I don't even have cable [​IMG]

It gets uploaded the morning after, so it's it's not super quick but it's a good alternative.

12. AirJordan

<div class="quote_poster">Premium Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">True, but its not as if our wins are 100% mistake free. Who's to say they arent learning from a win? every game they play is a chance to learn things...learning from a win is nothing to sneeze at [​IMG]</div>

o well i guess your right, its just that last years team would come back weak after loses and go on losing streaks instead of coming back with a win.

@eclipse: how do you dload the games? do you pay and have some subscription like nba league pass? thats pretty cool, better than seeing nothing, but if i were you i wouldnt check the scores before watching - pretty hard to resist tho [​IMG]

13. Eclipse

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">@eclipse: how do you dload the games? do you pay and have some subscription like nba league pass? thats pretty cool, better than seeing nothing, but if i were you i wouldnt check the scores before watching - pretty hard to resist tho [​IMG]</div>

Do you know how to use bittorrent? If so, you can download all the Raptors preseason games on here: http://bt.davka.info/

Just so you know: Look for the ones uploaded by "raptormage". His files are 700MB and pretty decent quality. He usually uploads them the day after the game and they're seeded pretty quickly so you can get them pretty quickly. He said he would continue to capture the games and upload them during the season. Not quite the same as watching them live, but it's great for people like me [​IMG]

You can find the Raptors playoffs games there and and even some Dream Team games.

It's difficult not to look at the scores when the Raptors are playing. I can't help but follow the game on the live scoreboards when I'm at work or at school. I have to know how they are doing.

14. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

Wow Eclipse, good looking out.

15. AirJordan

ya eclipse i use that stuff a lot ill take a look into it, thanks