Fantasy Football Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Bobcats, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I need some opinions on who I should start and bench.

Team #1 (Bold means they a lock for starting)

QB - David Carr, Drew Bledsoe
    WR - Reggie Brown, Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Deion Branch, Randy Moss
    RB - Tiki Barber, Chester Taylor, Willis McGahee (bye), Leon Washington
    TE - LJ Smith, Todd Heap

I picked up Carr off waivers seeing as how Bledsoe will be benched for the time being. At WR, Reggie Brown is a lock to start for me, he's very consistent. I'm thinking of going with Owens and Ward as my 2nd and 3rd recievers, but Moss has improving lately. At RB, I have Tiki starting for sure, and then I have to decide between starting Taylor or Washington. TE is a tossup, I'm leaning towards LJ Smith since Philly passes way more than Baltimore.

Team #2

QB - Damon Huard, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck
    WR - Reggie Brown, Torry Holt, Hines Ward, Lee Evans (bye)
    RB - Larry Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, Wali Lundy
    TE - Alex Smith, Eric Johnson (trying to drop him for Desmond Clark right now)

This is my JBB league team. Matt Hasselbeck is out for 2-4 weeks, so I had to pick up Chad Pennington (Damon Huard was already my backup). Pennington faces a much weaker defense that Huard does, but I'm not sure who to start. The WR's are a lock seeing as how they are the only active ones, and I wouldn't put Lee Evans ahead of any of those guys anyway. At RB, Larry Johnson is an automatic start, but then I have MJD and Frank Gore going up against tough front 4's, while Wali Lundy had a breakthrough game against Jacksonville and faces a weak Tennessee defense. Comments appreciated.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I wouldn't be starting Jones-Drew. He splits carries with Fred Taylor, and you never really want someone who splits carries starting, unless it's Reggie Bush, and that's because he does more than just run the ball. However, I'd go with Gore. He's been having a good season and he won't be splitting carries with anyone either.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">QB - David Carr, Drew Bledsoe
    TE - LJ Smith, Todd Heap</div>
    The WR situation is a toss up but I'd go with Moss because he's been playing well the past few weeks and the Raiders will probably be passing down the field alot against the Steelers defense. Branch has been inconsistent and is even more risky with Seneca Wallace starting for them, the Raiders have the lowest allowed pass ypg in the league (mostly because you can run on them at will) plus their defense is underrated overall and showed it last week vs. Arizona, so Ward isn't a great option either.

Taylor has been very good all year so he gets the nod as a safe pick over Leon Washington who isn't proven yet.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">QB - Damon Huard, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck
    </div>
    I'd go with Pennington, not really sure why, I just like him better. Gore has been one of the best RBs in the league this season and even though he's going against the Bears he's probably a better bet than Lundy or Jones-Drew

And now a problem of my own:

My QBs are Hasselbeck (injured) and Kitna (Bye) so I need to get a QB off waiver/FA. Seneca Wallace, Tony Romo, and Kyle Boller (is McNair still injured?) are available so who should I pick up? Right now I'm leaning toward Wallace because Romo has to play Carolina but I really don't know which way to go. Any help is appreciated.

4. Bobcats

I was thinking of going with Gore, but he's going up against the Bears, I don't see him making an impact this week. And Jones-Drew has produced even when splitting carries with Taylor. I'm leaning towards Lundy, but I have a feeling he's going to flop this weekend. Still not sure.

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I need some opinions on who I should start and bench.

Team #1 (Bold means they a lock for starting)

QB - David Carr, Drew Bledsoe
    TE - LJ Smith, Todd Heap

I picked up Carr off waivers seeing as how Bledsoe will be benched for the time being. At WR, Reggie Brown is a lock to start for me, he's very consistent. I'm thinking of going with Owens and Ward as my 2nd and 3rd recievers, but Moss has improving lately. At RB, I have Tiki starting for sure, and then I have to decide between starting Taylor or Washington. TE is a tossup, I'm leaning towards LJ Smith since Philly passes way more than Baltimore.

Team #2

QB - Damon Huard, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck

This is my JBB league team. Matt Hasselbeck is out for 2-4 weeks, so I had to pick up Chad Pennington (Damon Huard was already my backup). Pennington faces a much weaker defense that Huard does, but I'm not sure who to start. The WR's are a lock seeing as how they are the only active ones, and I wouldn't put Lee Evans ahead of any of those guys anyway. At RB, Larry Johnson is an automatic start, but then I have MJD and Frank Gore going up against tough front 4's, while Wali Lundy had a breakthrough game against Jacksonville and faces a weak Tennessee defense. Comments appreciated.</div>

In Team one, you're starting the right guys for now since they have been the most consistent. Keep an eye on Moss though, he might keep playing well.

As for your JBB team, I'd go with Jones-Drew seeing as it appears to be the safer choice (over Lundy, due to his consecutive TD streak). Once again, besides your indecision on your RBs, you're using the appropriate starting roster(as of today you're starting Pennington I see). You sure did Rip off FreshPrince with that trade that occurred a few weeks ago...

6. egyptianlaker32

egyptianlaker32 JBB JustBBall Member

I thought this was only basketball

7. Bobcats

Ok, need some suggestions for this week. I have LaDanian Tomlinson, Anthony Thomas, Kevin Jones, and Frank Gore. I'm going to start Tomlinson obviously, but I don't know who I should put as the second RB. Anthony Thomas is a tank and could be a redzone threat. Kevin Jones is going up against a weak Arizona run defense, and Frank Gore goes up against the Seahawks. Who should I start?