Bosh Returns Tonight

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Shapecity, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CHICAGO?Chris Bosh really doesn't know what to expect when he plays in the final Raptor pre-season game here tonight. He just knows it's time to get out there.

Bosh, who has missed four of Toronto's first seven pre-season games with a sore heel that will likely bother him all season, is expected to be in his usual starting role tonight when the Raptors put their 7-0 pre-season record on the line against the Bulls.

"Just get up and down the court," Bosh said of his expectations. "I just want to get back (being) used to five-on-five basketball, that's my main reason for wanting to play.

"I want to get back in the rhythm of the game. You can practice and shoot all you want but, in the end, you have to be used to the fast pace of the game."

For coach Sam Mitchell, the re-appearance of his team's best player ? and the expected start of point guard T.J. Ford ? is a blessing because it will give him a chance to see his starting unit intact for one game.

How much of that one game is another matter because Mitchell knows Bosh won't be able to go nearly as long tonight as he would in a normal game.

"When he comes back ... we can shorten his time," Mitchell said. "Instead of him going eight, nine minutes straight, we can cut it to ... six, bring him out, give him a two, three minute blow and bring him back.

"We can work around that."</div>

Source

2. bryce40ww

bryce40ww JBB JustBBall Member

This heel thing with Bosh is really starting to scare me. It's true that the Raps are way deeper than last year, but without Bosh at 100% things could get ugly.