Unofficial Raptors vs. New Jersey Nets Season Opener

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Skiptomylue11, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<font size=""4""><u><div align="center">Dinosaurs vs. pieces of fabric</div></u></font>
    <font size=""3""><div align="center">aka. Raptors vs. Nets</div></font>
    <font size=""3""><u><div align="center">Time: Wednesday Novembre 1st @ 7:30</div></u></font>

<div align="center"><font size="3">Starting Matchups</font>

[​IMG][​IMG]
    TJ vs Jason Kidd:</div>
    TJ is quicker, Jason Kidd is better at everything else. They both aren't very good jump shooters I think.

<div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG]
    Anthony Parker vs. Carter:</div>
    Euroleague MVP vs. ex-Raptor MVP. Obviously Carter is a top 5 sg in the league, Parker will have to use some special techniques he learned in Europe (bounce pass, etc other long lost arts) to win this matchup.

Mo Pete vs. Richard Jefferson:</div>
    Mo Pete has a pretty good all around game, might give Jefferson some trouble. Jefferson not a bad defender himself, will have to stick close to Mo Pete on the perimeter.

Chris Bosh vs. Jason Collins:</div>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iy1Ar_j1g8" target="_blank">Jason Collins is an underrated defensive workaholic, if Bosh doesn't dominate him early on Jason Collins may get pumped from his defensive presence and shut down the entire Raptors team...

... NOT! </a>(Borat style)

Rasho Nesterovic vs Nenad Krystic:</div>
    Krystic probably is too quick and finess for Rasho. I have a feeling Rasho will be benched and Humphries will come in and guard Krystic. Krystic isn't much of a power player, has a nice hook, but the Nets need his contributions, because they don't have much else down low. If Humphries or Rasho can disrupt Krystic's game it will definitely help the Raps.

<div align="center"><font size="3">The Best of the Rest</font>

Calderon vs Marcus Williams?</div>
    It will be interesting to see how Calderon can manage to run the offense against the "steal of the draft", and if he can defend against this youngin.

<div align="center">Fred Jones vs. Antoine Wright?</div>
    Fred Jones may or may not posterize him.

<div align="center">Derrick Martin vs. not Jeff McInnis?</div>The least anticipated matchup of the evening, the quality of basketball that can be seen in pick up games. I see a slight edge to the Nets here as Derrick Martin is pretty bad.

<div align="center">Garbajosa vs. injured Josh Boone?</div>
    The new #15 will take on the injured Josh Boone.

<div align="center">Bargnani vs. injured Josh Boone?</div>
    The classic rookie vs. rookie battle, unfortunately Josh Boone is injured.

<div align="center">Humphries vs injured Cliffy?</div>
    I don't like this matchup for the Raps, just because I don't think Humphries will respect Cliffy from 3 point range, and Cliffy may take advantage of that, maybe Garbajosa/Bosh will cover him, and Humphries will switch onto Krystic or Collins.

I did want Fred Jones to start, just so I could say "2004 Dunk contest Champion vs. 2000 Dunk contest champion"

<div align="center"><font size="3">Fearless Prediction</font></div>
    One team will come out as victorious, the other team will not be so victorious.

<div align="center">In the usual tradition of official game threads:
    [​IMG]
    Hot girl!</div>

2. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

uncle cliffy won't be playing as a consequence of his drug suspension rolled over from last year

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Best. Preview. Ever.

4. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Dinosaurs vs. pieces of fabric

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Skiptomylue11

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">uncle cliffy won't be playing as a consequence of his drug suspension rolled over from last year</div>
    true, I forgot that Cliffy still had another game left on his suspension. I guess Mikki Moore will take his minutes.

PJ Tucker vs. Antoine Wright
    I haven't seen either of these players: automatic edge for Raptors.

Derrick Martin vs. Eddie House
    Eddie House might be the quickest player on the Nets and Raptors. He might be a useful sparkplug for the Nets, or he could force shots early in the shot clock and just help the Raptors achieve their goal of

100 shots!!!

If Eddie House plays 20 or more minutes, the Raptors will probably get their 100 shots.

6. deception

<div class="quote_poster">SkiptoMyLue11 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

If Eddie House plays 20 or more minutes, the Raptors will probably get their 100 shots.</div>

i hate to do this to u again but eddie house is injured and wont play and i almost forgot- jeff mccinis isnt with the team

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Jeff McInnis isn't playing either since he isn't even a part of their team anymore. They terminated him from the roster but didn't cut him or give him permission to go to another team.

8. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Swish15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Jeff McInnis isn't playing either since he isn't even a part of their team anymore. They terminated him from the roster but didn't cut him or give him permission to go to another team.</div>

For some reason when Jeff McInnis comes up all i can think about is oakley punching him in the face.

9. Skiptomylue11

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i hate to do this to u again but eddie house is injured and wont play and i almost forgot- jeff mccinis isnt with the team</div>
    Nets players have to stop getting injured so my preview is relevant.

Hassan Adams vs. Joey Graham:
    Hassan was drafted 54th overall in the 2006 nba draft, Joey Graham was drafted #16 (I think) in the 2005 nba draft. Joey Graham can fly planes, and bench 400 pounds, these amazing traits that Joey possesses surprizingly has not reflected his overall game on the court.

10. Skiptomylue11

Well today is the day of the season opener, I'm guessing some Raps fans got a taste of yesterday's Bulls vs. Heat game, and the Lakers vs. Phoenix game.

But some fans didn't, so I really just want to see the first game.

11. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

NEW SEASON - Hope Springs Eternal

All i want is to watch raptors play meaningful basketball at the end of the season.

12. hustler

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Euroleague MVP vs. ex-Raptor MVP. Obviously Carter is a top 5 sg in the league, Parker will have to use some special techniques he learned in Europe (bounce pass, etc other long lost arts) to win this matchup.</div>
    [​IMG]

13. deception

lets go raptors!!!! lets go raptors!!! lets go raptors!!!

14. hustler

Half an hour left untill game. I HOPE they changed the starting line up theme video.

15. deception

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Half an hour left untill game. I HOPE they changed the starting line up theme video.</div>

its a road game

16. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Why isn't theSCORE showing the score of the game (nice irony there)?

17. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why isn't theSCORE showing the score of the game (nice irony there)?</div>

I was thiinking the same thing. They like show it every 5 minutes. Ford's looking good out there with 4 points and 2 dimes.

18. deception

ford is shot happy, mike james all over again? parker is playing well btw. and bargnani looks like a rookier

19. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Nice block by Bargnani and then great basket. Ford's shot isn't looking like a liability yet.

20. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Bad shot by Garbajosa. But yeah nice basket by Bargnani hustling to get his own rebounding. Parker has impressed me so far.