Raptors exercise team option on Humphries

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Drunkballer, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">

Raptors Excercise Fourth Year Option on Kris Humphries

October 31, 2006

The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday they have exercised the fourth year team option on the Rookie Scale Contract of forward Kris Humphries. Humphries is now guaranteed through the 2007-08 season. In accordance with the league?s collective bargaining agreement, the Raptors had until today to exercise their option on Humphries. Per team policy, financial terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Humphries, 6-foot-9, 235 pounds, was acquired June 8 from Utah. He saw action in all eight preseason contests, averaging 9.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 16.30 minutes. He had a high of 16 points versus Cleveland on October 22 and 12 rebounds October 15 versus New Jersey. </div> Humphries

Humphries Salary will be around 2.5 million for the 07-08 season. I think this is a safe move... 2.5 million is not that much to pay and the only consequence would be if humphries played like he did in utah. BUt if we hadn't exercised the option and Humphries Studded out then we would likely be paying a lot more to keep him than just 2.5 mil. relatively low risk high reward
    move in my oppinion.

2. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

Agreed fully. this is a no-brainer move. If humph even gives us half of what he did in the pre-season on a regular basis we get our moneys worth. i mean, did anyone think he was gonna give us 11ppg in the pre?

he's been a stut for us....i hope he can play like that all season

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Premium Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He's been a stut for us....i hope he can play like that all season</div>
    I know that was a typo, but did you mean slut or stud? lol.

I agree. He's provided some surprising depth at the 5. Can you imagine if we were coming into this season with only Rasho as our center (as we all expected to, before the preseason)?

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with what everyone has said. Its definitely been nice having him around to back up Rasho.