Joey Graham ... what gives?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Dr. J. Naismith, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

I mentioned this to my peers over at EBS and I wondering if the feelings are mutual here at justbball regarding Joey.

Sam better show this kid some tough love to get him to work harder, or glue his ass to the bench. His tentative play reeks of another "fan favourite" in Haffa, but he looks completely stiff and unsure of himself out there. Athletically & physically he's been given a gift from God, but mentally he's a lost little puppy.

Joey, burn one down man or smoke a bowl! You need to f'n relax out there.

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Completely with you. He should be ahead of only Slokar and Martin in the depth chart right now. He should just donate his body/physical gifts to PJ Tucker right now.

Danny Granger!

3. Dr. J. Naismith

Dr. J. Naismith JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Danny Granger!</div>

Ugh, don't remind me Chut! [​IMG]

4. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Nice guy, good body and athletic skills, horrible game (not referring vs NJ).

5. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

makes u wonder how he got his pilot license- he might have the lowest basketball i.q of any raptor. nonetheless, he doesn't deserve an entire thread devoted to him, especially when there are much bigger problems like chris bosh.

6. bryce40ww

bryce40ww JBB JustBBall Member

The guy just isn't comfortable out there. Instead of just catching and shooting he's taking a dribble that doesn't achieve anything except allowing the defender to close out for his shot.

7. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">deception Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">makes u wonder how he got his pilot license- he might have the lowest basketball i.q of any raptor. nonetheless, he doesn't deserve an entire thread devoted to him, especially when there are much bigger problems like chris bosh.</div>

I don't think C. Bosh is a problem. yeh he had a bad game tonight but he didn't get much game action in the pre-season and it likely hurt him tonight...especially regarding continuity with his teamates. He will come along im not worried it right now, however if he puts 5 straight games with #'s like that than maybe it will become a problem.

However, Graham performance tonight continues a trend with him, he is clearly physically gifted & it's a matter of tranlasting his tools for success in NBA. I really thought the new fastbreak offence would give him moe opportunities to just run floor and score in transition.

Also I don't see why everyone would have preffered to take Danny Granger for me i would have perfered G. Green or CJ miles or maybe Nate Robinson.

8. ohmybosh

ohmybosh JBB JustBBall Member

Graham should work on back to the post moves instead of using that GOING NOWHERE dribble.

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Danny Granger!</div>

I hate to say I told you so, but... [​IMG]

Anyway, I think that Joey Graham's work ethic is amazing. He's an absolute gym rat but just lacks a good feel for the game. That's not teachable; it's acquired. Raptors management really just shouldn't be expecting anything big from him.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to say I told you so, but... [​IMG]

Anyway, I think that Joey Graham's work ethic is amazing. He's an absolute gym rat but just lacks a good feel for the game. That's not teachable; it's acquired. Raptors management really just shouldn't be expecting anything big from him.</div>
    I was one of the few that agreed with you at the time, dude. I thought he would've been a decent pick at that spot, if Granger hadn't slipped so far. Oh well, what're you gonna do now?

11. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh well, what're you gonna do now?</div>

Rub it in someone else's face.

Hmm... my memory really sucks; you're right, you did agree with me. I was more directing my comments at the whole forum in general than you in particular though.

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I say we just play him as a center. He won't have to dribble and he can show his "toughness." Either that or give him skates and put him on the Maple Leafs' roster.

13. Drunkballer

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to say I told you so, but... </div>

You just did say i told you so. Secondly you were saying we should pick him with are #7 overall pick.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

Hey, I wanted Granger too, but what can we do, we have Joey.

15. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">Drunkballer Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You just did say i told you so. Secondly you were saying we should pick him with are #7 overall pick.</div>

He was available at 16th pick too though.

16. Drunkballer

My point exactly. voodoo child was saying we should take him at #7 which would of been too early and instead of CV31 (the second best rookie from a year ago)

17. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Drunkballer Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You just did say i told you so. Secondly you were saying we should pick him with are #7 overall pick.</div>

I know what I just said... I was being facetious.

And on Granger, I'd still take him #7. His defense is invaluable. And if I'd take him #7, wouldn't that inherently also mean I'd take him #16?

18. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I was one that would of taken Danny #7. Looking back I rather have Ford than Danny, but I would of taken Danny at 7 if I didn't know he was going to slip to 16 (eventually 17).

19. Drunkballer

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I know what I just said... I was being facetious.

And on Granger, I'd still take him #7. His defense is invaluable. And if I'd take him #7, wouldn't that inherently also mean I'd take him #16?</div>

Based on his performance last year & this year you would have still taken him at #7 ahead of CV31, Channing Frye, Andrew Bynum, Gerald Green?

To be honest I don't watch enough of the pacers and i know he played a bit last year but granger seems to be a inferior prospect when compared to some of those guys. I don't mean to be critical though i would have taken chris taft at 16 and he wound up going at 42.

Speaking of Taft he is a free agent... lets sign him.

20. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Joey Graham will dunk on all of you haters out there...lol.