Brown Reportedly Received Between $30 Million And $35 Million

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by NJNetz, Nov 7, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Larry Brown and the Knicks reached an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed amount on the eve of the NBA season. Brown was owed $40 million, but is believed to have received between $30 million and $35 million.

"In the press release they used the word 'arrangement,'" Gregg Popovich, who testified, said of the statement released by Stern. "Larry's not supposed to talk about it. I don't know any more than you do. I read the statement I'm not sure what arrangement means. I guess most reasonable people would think it means compromise of some sort. I just hope that is not dangerous for coaches."</div>
    Source

2. Ewings2ndcousin

Ewings2ndcousin JBB JustBBall Member

<font size=""1"">NEW YORK - Larry Brown will get $18.5 million from the New York Knicks, less than half of what the Hall of Fame coach had left on his contract when he was fired.

The NBA team’s owner, Cablevision Systems Corp., announced the terms of the dispute Wednesday. Brown had four years and more than $40 million remaining on his deal when the Knicks fired him in June after one season.

The settlement was reached Oct. 30, but the Knicks were forbidden to release the amount that the team agreed to pay Brown. Cablevision, which owns the Knicks through its Madison Square Garden unit, disclosed the amount in its third-quarter report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.</font>

Source...MSNBC

Now that's more like it. I was hoping he'd get no more than $20 million, $18 is even better. Good Riiddance!!!