What Should Our Starting Lineup Be Now?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Shapecity, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

With Odom out for 6 weeks, the Lakers will have to replace him in the starting lineup. I think Luke Walton will take over a lot of the ball handling responsibilities Odom had, but we're going to miss the rebounding and scoring was giving us. Here's some possible roster looks we can go with.

Option 1 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Brown-Bynum
    Option 2 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Radman-Brown
    Option 3 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Turiaf-Brown
    Option 4 - Parker-Evans-Bryant-Walton-Brown

What's going to be our best option with Lamar out for 6 weeks?

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm looking at the thought of Radman in the starting lineup, as long as that hand is healthy. He looked good the other night, knocking in a couple from the beyond the arc. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come from him. I think he's the best option, cause he can give us plenty of scoring, and who knows, maybe he'll be a lot better of a rebounder than what he was in Seattle and for the Clipps. If not that, than I'd think Bynum or Turiaf would be our best options. I don't like the tought of Mo Evans starting and us having to play small ball with Luke at the 4. We'd get killed on the boards and Luke isn't strong enough to guard most 4s, though it'd create a heck of a mismatch offensively, I just don't like the thought of him at the 4.

3. Pablo23

Pablo23 JBB JustBBall Member

Studio Head
    My starting line up will be...
    Smush (I really think Farmar should start)/Farmar
    Kobe/Mo Evens/Sasha
    Luke/Turiaf
    Cook/Radman
    Brown/Bynum

I think cook could replace Odom better then VLadman...Cook showed great signs of being 100%. He shot well and his defense is improving.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

The thing is though, if Radman is starting to get better, aren't you almost obligated to start him at this point? This really is his chance to showcase that he was worth the $31mil we spent on him in the offseason.

5. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

Option 3 is the best for us I think. I would love to have option 1 but two bigs in the team may slow down our offence and cost us fast break points. Between Turiaf and Walton, they somehow have to match what Odom does for us and more. The combination of Walton and Turiaf will provide the best combination of offense and defense.

6. Pablo23

Pablo23 JBB JustBBall Member

Studio Head
    Lets all remember we are playing the Mavs today. So we have to match up with Nowitsky. Once again Cook is better fit for the match up then Vladman. Vladman will give us a better spark of the bench....imagin if Cook and Vladman get on fire...man its going to be raining threes tonight.

I don't think Turiaf will be a good fit tonight since Nowitsky like to play the perimiter. Turiaf is to slow for that.

In tonights game i do see an advantage at the Center position both Kwame and Bynum could have a big game maybe scoring 25 pts in combination of both.

7. jbbkobe81

jbbkobe81 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">With Odom out for 6 weeks, the Lakers will have to replace him in the starting lineup. I think Luke Walton will take over a lot of the ball handling responsibilities Odom had, but we're going to miss the rebounding and scoring was giving us. Here's some possible roster looks we can go with.

Option 1 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Brown-Bynum
    Option 2 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Radman-Brown
    Option 3 - Parker-Bryant-Walton-Turiaf-Brown
    Option 4 - Parker-Evans-Bryant-Walton-Brown

What's going to be our best option with Lamar out for 6 weeks?</div>

Option 1 seems like the best possible.

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Pablo23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lets all remember we are playing the Mavs today. So we have to match up with Nowitsky. Once again Cook is better fit for the match up then Vladman. Vladman will give us a better spark of the bench....imagin if Cook and Vladman get on fire...man its going to be raining threes tonight.

I don't think Turiaf will be a good fit tonight since Nowitsky like to play the perimiter. Turiaf is to slow for that.

In tonights game i do see an advantage at the Center position both Kwame and Bynum could have a big game maybe scoring 25 pts in combination of both.</div>I don't see how Cook would give us the best fit. Radman is quicker than him and at least plays some defense. Cook doesn't know what the word means. And also, I don't really see that huge of a center advantage. Both Diop and Damp are great on defense, so Bynum and Kwame are going to have to work pretty hard to score points in the paint.

9. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

i actually like the idea of toying with Option 4. Kobe at the 3 should be interesting with Evans and Smush in the backcourt.

10. pablo eterovic

pablo eterovic Laker fan from Chile

Turiaf

Turiaf must start:

Parker, Bryant, Walton, Turiaf, Brown

Ronny will be a star, remember

11. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

After seeing the game tonight, it definitely should be Radman. He played great tonight in his limited minutes. He did a decent job on Dirk tonight and was hitting his shots. This is the best he's looked all year, and I was kind of wondering why he wasn't on the court late in the game when they need his shooting.

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

It's probably going to very depending on who we face. I think the Lakers need to go with Turiaf in this next game against the Rockets. We need an energy guy in there to grab the rebounds and limit Houston to one shot. Chuck Hayes was all over the interior in the last game, so we need Ronny out there to neutralize him.

13. GetRidOfSasha

GetRidOfSasha JBB Banned Member

i like option 4. Mo is a great athlete