Bosh Out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Eclipse, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bosh missed his fourth straight game. The team said in a release that he'll be out "an indefinite period of time until the swelling and discomfort has completely dissipated."</div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2698905

Doesn't look like Bosh will be back any time soon. Might be a good thing though, it might give the team a chance to learn how to play without Bosh, develop some chemistry and if all else fails, bring us one step closer to a good draft pick.

2. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

btw, anybody know why he wasn't sitting on the bench tonight?

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Getting treatment? I'm just guessing.

4. ohmybosh

ohmybosh JBB JustBBall Member

anybody know whether he will play any games next week?

I have him on my fantasy roster.. lol

5. egyptianlaker32

egyptianlaker32 JBB JustBBall Member

yea me 2 Fantasy

6. deception

dec 29th against the twolves at home is the tentative date that people are talking about. btw, thats mike james' homecoming [​IMG]

7. kingjames23_84

kingjames23_84 JBB JustBBall Member

no i think it said he won't be playing against the t-wolves, but most likely he'll be back sometime in the coming week or something

8. deception

<div class="quote_poster">kingjames23_84 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">no i think it said he won't be playing against the t-wolves, but most likely he'll be back sometime in the coming week or something</div>

yeah i think your right. the unofficial word is that its friday which doesn't make sense at all because its a back to back. i say he should play wednesday in limited minutes.

9. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    You Rap fans have a great roster IMHO and a lot to be proud of aside from Bosh. In the NBA at a glance I wrote up on the Raptors I pointed out plenty of key players to keep an eye on.

10. deception

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You Rap fans have a great roster IMHO and a lot to be proud of aside from Bosh. In the NBA at a glance I wrote up on the Raptors I pointed out plenty of key players to keep an eye on.</div>

[​IMG]

11. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You Rap fans have a great roster IMHO and a lot to be proud of aside from Bosh. In the NBA at a glance I wrote up on the Raptors I pointed out plenty of key players to keep an eye on.</div>

Hopefully Fred Jones isn't one of those guys.

12. deception

<div class="quote_poster">P.A.P. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hopefully Fred Jones isn't one of those guys.</div>

i think he was referring to our euro players. i assume so cause he's jbb's resident euro expert.

13. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Well, this was put out before the season had even started, but I thought I had some interesting points for a quick glance. Here it is for those that missed out on it.

Toronto Raptors (27-55)

The Toronto Raptors have been one of the busiest franchises in the NBA this off-season bringing aboard more foreign players like Andrea Bargnani to compliment an already promising group of talent. Starting with North American talent Kris Humphries could prove of significant value given his new environment and plenty of playing time as he has the potential to become a small-time star in this league.

The T.J. Ford deal that sent Charlie Villanueva to Milwaukee could prove valuable or to be a total bust. Not to say Ford can?t produce solid numbers this season as the team?s possible starting point guard, but they let Villanueva go too soon especially after the promising rookie season he had. That is in the past however and the Raptors will be looking into the future with Spanish stars Jorge Garbajosa and Jose Calderon who are coming off a big win at the FIBA World Championships in Japan and together they could build a strong unit around Bargnani and the team?s top player Chris Bosh. Having the two Spanish stars on the team will allow them to adapt quickly, play more consistently, and Bargnani will also be able to relate.

Fred Jones <u>could</u> also prove to be a strong pick up for the team as he will no longer be held down by limited minutes where as at Indiana he had to contend with numerous stars for playing time. The Raptors? GM has done a spectacular job for the most part in signing European talent, but many of them are unproven and untested in the North American basketball market. I could see the Spaniards fitting in well especially Garbajosa as he is a veteran in European basketball and has shown his talents over the summer. However, Andrea Bargnani needs to build muscle and a better jump shot if he wants to stick around in a few years. Being the number one pick in the NBA Draft I wouldn?t be too concerned over the matter though.

They also have a decent rotation with Morris Peterson being able to start or provide solid numbers off the bench. It all depends on the style of Sam Mitchell in the end, but I wouldn?t be surprised to see the Raptors come away with a solid season and a promising look to the future. This is the type of upcoming roster I would enjoy coaching.

Hot Prospects
    Andrea Bargnani
    Jose Calderon
    Jorge Garbajosa

The Indispensable
    Chris Bosh

The Cancer(s)
    None at the moment

14. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Well about Bargnani's jumpshot, that's probably his strongest assest to his game. However, he can be lazy with at times as he barely gets his knees and legs into the shot, relying on his upper body. His stroke is beautiful but I wish he wouldn't be so lazy with his shot at times.

15. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    He's a European player and coming from Italy that is really the style of play for taller players. I say you shouldn't worry about that for the future because the Toronto coaching and training staff will alter that type of shooting and let him float into adjusting. Give him one to three years to fully flourish. I wouldn't say he'll likely be a big shot blocker or rebounder despite his size, but we could see him scoring like a madman. He is that type of talent.

16. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't say he'll likely be a big shot blocker or rebounder despite his size, but we could see him scoring like a madman. He is that type of talent.</div>

I think Bargnani will be a pretty decent shot blocker in this league. His 6 block performance against the Warriors showed alot of potential. The great thing about him is that he stands his ground. He doesn't go up for the pump fakes and if someone is driving in the lane, he wont jump towards the ball, but rather wait for you to come and go straight up in attempting to block the shot and avoid the foul.

17. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Andrea could be a decent shot blocker sure, but as I mentioned I don't think he will be entirely focused on that though you will likely see more as his confidence improves. He will be a point scorer for sure and when he reaches his full potential and Chris Bosh is aboard as well that tendem will be exceedingly dangerous. The Raps GM knew it from the beginning.

As unlike Larry Brown who enjoys killing young careers of potential Euro superstars the Raptors are more focused on building them up. This team is a lot of fun to watch and aside from my Bulls this is the only team I will likely focus on when they are broadcasted. I wish you all the best of luck.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Just wait until Bargnani develops shooting off the dribble at the NBA level. He's going to be impossible to stop once his reputation grows around the league, and players start respecting his jumper.

Some of the video footage I saw of him before he was drafted, showed him embarrassing defenders with a simple head fake. He developed a quick reputation in Europe as a prolific shooter, so defenders bit hard once he gave a headfake. Barganani would then put the ball on the floor and free himself up for a wide open look.

19. kingjames23_84

kingjames23_84 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">P.A.P. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well about Bargnani's jumpshot, that's probably his strongest assest to his game. However, he can be lazy with at times as he barely gets his knees and legs into the shot, relying on his upper body. His stroke is beautiful but I wish he wouldn't be so lazy with his shot at times.</div>

Yeah, I've also noticed that whenever he uses his legs it almost always goes in and sometimes it's even a swish but sometimes when he misses, I can tell that his shot was a little awkward and he didnt rely on his legs. And most of the time you can hear Chuck Swirsky say something like "He needs to get his legs into his shot" or "He didn't really have his feet set that time"

<div class="quote_poster">P.A.P. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think Bargnani will be a pretty decent shot blocker in this league. His 6 block performance against the Warriors showed alot of potential. The great thing about him is that he stands his ground. He doesn't go up for the pump fakes and if someone is driving in the lane, he wont jump towards the ball, but rather wait for you to come and go straight up in attempting to block the shot and avoid the foul.</div>

I'm not really sure about Andrea's blocking (although I did see his 6-block performance against - who was it? Golden State I think, right?), but whenever I see Rasho get a block, I usually don't see him swatting the shot away. Its funny, cause he just puts his arms straight up and it's almost like the guy with the ball shoots into his arms [​IMG]

EDIT: And btw, you can obviously see what we're talking about in my Avatar Lol
    (The block on Dwight Howard)