BBW's Early Early NBA Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by SunnyD, Mar 3, 2006.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Re: BBW's Early Early NBA Mock Draft

A few of us got together and made a mock draft. Grizz101 started this, and then walked away from it, so I took the reigns. Anyway, we still have to finish it.1-Adam Morrison2-LaMarcus Alridge3-Rudy Gay 4-Ronnie Brewer5-JJ Reddick6-Sheldon Williams7-Dee Brown8-Guillermo Diaz 9-Rodney Carney10-Rajon Rondo.You guys can vote to Mix it up or not. Others we had in mind to vote for were Randy Foye, Jeff Tilly, Josh Boone, Allen Ray, and Daniel Gibson. Others to consider are some Spartans (Paul Davis, Mo Ager) or some GW players.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

lol who picked JJ at 5th. Anyway I am not doing this now because the draft order is not determined yet so I cannot decide what teams need which and so what. We should do this when the season is over, not now.

3. SunnyD

Thats why its the early early mock draft. Ask Grizz101 about it, he came up w/ it. Primetime, TheHutch, and Lazy also helped.

4. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Mar 3 2006, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats why its the early early mock draft. Ask Grizz101 about it, he came up w/ it. Primetime, TheHutch, and Lazy also helped.</div>Not me? :dunno:

5. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Mar 3 2006, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats why its the early early mock draft. Ask Grizz101 about it, he came up w/ it. Primetime, TheHutch, and Lazy also helped.</div>Lazy wasnt there I dont think, everyone on this sites thinks i'm lazy when they see my screename, LAZY727 is not Lazy, i dont know his.Anyway,Brewer should be above Rudy Gay

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Why make a mock when you know nothing about any of those players? Talent wise. 1. Rudy Gay 2. Rodney Carney 3. Andrea Bargnani 4. LaMarcus Aldridge 5. Ronnie Brewer 6. Tyrus Thomas 7. Jonathan Redick 8. Adam Morrison 9. Mardy Collins10. Shelden Williams

7. mill

mill BBW Member

The man not to many know about.... Jeff Tilly!!

8. TheHutch

TheHutch BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mill @ Mar 4 2006, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The man not to many know about.... Jeff Tilly!!</div> :rock:

9. TheTruth

TheTruth BBW Member

Suggestion. We did this on another board that I frequent, and it was fun. We assign a poster to a certain team, and we do an actual BBW mock draft. It was good times.I call dibs on the Spurs if you decide to do it.

10. SunnyD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ Mar 3 2006, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not me? :dunno:</div>Whoops my bad<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Lazy wasnt there I dont think, everyone on this sites thinks i'm lazy when they see my screename, LAZY727 is not Lazy, i dont know his.Anyway,Brewer should be above Rudy Gay</div>Dang, Didn't know that.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Why make a mock when you know nothing about any of those players?Talent wise.1. Rudy Gay2. Rodney Carney3. Andrea Bargnani4. LaMarcus Aldridge5. Ronnie Brewer6. Tyrus Thomas 7. Jonathan Redick8. Adam Morrison9. Mardy Collins10. Shelden Williams</div>Dude, I know a ton about college basketball, it was just something fun to do.Rodney 2nd? I highly doubt that. I agree with Andrea, but I think LaMarcus should be second. Ronnie Brewer seems to be in the right spot, but Morrison is a little low.

11. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, I know a ton about college basketball, it was just something fun to do.Rodney 2nd? I highly doubt that. I agree with Andrea, but I think LaMarcus should be second. Ronnie Brewer seems to be in the right spot, but Morrison is a little low.</div> Rodney Carney has as much potential as anyone in this draft. I think LaMarcus Aldridge could be a good PF in the NBA, I just doubt he's near the levels of Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor and Dwight Howard. I just think Adam Morrison will be a one dimentional player who won't be as effective as a scorer in the NBA due to his lack of speed or first step. And I put those ranking for talent.

12. grizz101

grizz101 BBW Member

i hd to go smwhere, im still workin on it, ill add smthin, josh mcroberts can be in it becuz he may go in

13. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BCB @ Mar 4 2006, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rodney Carney has as much potential as anyone in this draft. I think LaMarcus Aldridge could be a good PF in the NBA, I just doubt he's near the levels of Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor and Dwight Howard. I just think Adam Morrison will be a one dimentional player who won't be as effective as a scorer in the NBA due to his lack of speed or first step. And I put those ranking for talent.</div>How is he one-dimensional. He is the most versatile scorer in college. He can hit the 3, pull up a jumper, post up or drive and get a lay up. He shouldn't have any trouble. Their are plenty of slow guys in the NBA who are still good offensive players at SF.I just realized how bad that list was. JJ, Dee and Guillermo won't be in the top 10. Those guys will be lucky to be in the top 20.

14. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

I'm gonna guess who gets which spots in the draft order. Here we go:1. Charlotte- Rudy Gay. Charlotte isn't (or atleast shouldn't be) concerned with winning right now. They should go after someone with star potential, and they already have Emeka, so they won't draft Aldridge. SG is probably their weakest point in the line-up as well.2. Portland- Adam Morrison. Portland is supposedly shopping Darius Miles, and Portland really needs some offense. They won't pick Aldridge, as they already have Randolph, and will probably re-sign Pryzbilla.3. Chicago (via NYK)-LaMarcus Aldridge. Chicago needs a scoring threat inside, so they'd be crazy to pass up Aldridge. He has star potential, and a great offensive game. Ever since they lost Eddy Curry, they don't have any offensive post game. Aldridge is just what they're looking for.4. Atlanta- Andrea Bargnani. Knowing ATL, they won't worry about their weaknesses, and just try to get some more scoring. Bargnani is a big body, and he can score (i'm basing this off of scouting reports, i personally know nothing about him). He can supposedly stroke it from long range, and I;m sure the Hawks' wouldn't mind that. Really the only reason they pick him is bc He's bigger than Tyrus Thomas.5. Orlando- Rodney Carney. They'll need some scoring from the wings, along with a defender. If Hill continues to be hurt (you can pretty much count on that), he will be very useful. He would back up Hedo Turkoglu, and he'd give a different look than Hedo, as he can drive to the basket terrificly. 6. Toronto- Randy Foye. I dno't expect Toronto to re-sign Mike James, so they'll be weak on PG's. They already have a PG w/ no offensive skills in Calderon, so they would probably look for scoring over defense or passing in this position. That's why they pick Foye over Rondo. Foye is an incredible leader, and he can drive to the basket bery well. He is used to winning being at Villanova, so he could try to bring that winning tradition to Canada.7. Seattle- Shelden Williams Seattle could use some help rebounding the ball, and Williams is a beast. He will fill Reggie Evans' role when he was there. He's a great rebounder and shotblocker, and he's not bad with his back to the basket. He's unselfish and he comes from a winning ball club. Great fit for any team.8. Golden State- Tyrus Thomas. Thomas is an absolute beast on the boards, and GSW could use some rebounding. He's also a very good interior defender. He's pretty much a smaller Tyson Chandler w/ more scoring ability.9 Chicago- JJ Redick. Although i don't agree w/ him going so high, he has shown alot of upside. Chicago to me seems like a relatively "set" team. They don't need a whole lot more pieces to the puzzle. They just need time to let things settle. JJ would be great within a sytem that didn't need him to do anything else. Yes, Scot Skiles would want defensive intensity, but JJ gives it his all, and that's a Scot Skiles type of player. And.. if Chicago is truly shopping Ben Gordon, JJ can fill his role of scoring. He's not as good of a scorer, but he could almost do the same things in the offense.10. Boston- Mardy Collins. I honestly would love to have Ronnie Brewer, Mardy Collins is more of a true PG. He's the epitomy of a solid player. He has the best fundamentals in the country, great shooting mechanics, and superb ball handling, he supposedly has more potential offensively, but is being held back by the Temple system. He is a distributor w/ excellent court vision and passing skills. This could also move Orien Greene to primarily a SG, which would help us alot. He could focus more on defense, and he could be a better fit. He plays better w/ Delonte at PG and him at SG.11. Houston- Rajon Rondo. Houston could use Rondo's leadership for the future. They don't have a very good young core at all, and they'll need a leader for the future. Rondo is a true PG, which is a shortage in Houston. They could use his defense as well. Luther Head could be moved to SG, where he would be more comfortable.12. Minnesota- Al Horford. Minnesota definitley doesn't need another guard, and there isn't alot of offense in the post in this year's draft. Al Horford is a great shotblocker and rebounder, and he has alot of potential. I don't really see anyone at the top of this draft really fitting in Minny, so they may end up trading their pic in a deal this summer.13. Utah- Brandon Roy. They really need some scoring on the wings, and Roy is a very good shooter. He is a very athletic and can get to the basket easily. He's very smart, so he can be a Jerry Sloan type of player. Very versatile, has good size (6'6"). Utah is alsovery weak at the SG slot.14. LA Lakers Daniel Gibson. Gibson can be out of control at times, but he is a very good scorer, and they need some Kobe supporters. He doesn't have to be a true PG, as Lamar Odom handles the ball in the offense mostly anyways. As i think more about it, Gibson seems like a better fit. He can shoot, but he's quick and can drive well. He's decent at defense. He will be comfortable in LA's offnese, as he doesn't have to make plays, he just has to finish them, and he's very good at that.

15. CB4allstar

I'd much rather Daniel Gibson then Foye. Foye doesnt have many pg skills. Gib is a good talent, he has pg skills and a good shot. I see us taking him or Brewer.

16. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

^ I was debating over Foye or Brewer.

17. TheHutch

TheHutch BBW Member

anyone remember this draft? lol

18. SunnyD

Wow this was old.BCB put Carney second. Looks like SunnyD wins that battle.