Injury Rampage?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by adiii, Dec 24, 2006.

1. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

I just was wondering how many other fantasy owners are now going to suffer thanks to some significant injuries happening in such a short time. One setback is okay, but Rashard and Josh Smith are on both my fantasy leagues head to head and the rositierre and have helped me hold the #1 spots in both for soo long, but now arrgggg I guess it's all part of the game. Also notable injuries Krstic (who I have in the head to head - I hate hate the kid who's in 2nd) and Yao. T-Mac when is he going to get back, the Rockets started off so well, kinda sad. Camby who's also helped teams is out for a bit, but that was a matter of time, hopefully Bdiddy can stay healthy...

Other owners of Gasol and Ray (rositierre, yay) of course are on the other side of the spectrum with them coming back with some good performances.

I just wanted an outlet, anyone else want to bit...complain? No? Didn't think so, maybe I shouldn't press <Submit New Thread>.

2. d0rkus

d0rkus JBB JustBBall Member

all 4 (all h2h) teams i have got hit with the injury bug also.
    rashard lewis, hedo...
    and just one team i have, yao, david west, krstic in which i also have bosh and cassell on my team... [​IMG]

3. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

one of my teams just lost 4 players. i lost carmelo (suspension), yao, paul pierce, and shaq all to injury. im desperately trying to find someone available to replace them for the time being, but they are all valuable players. i dont know what to do???

4. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

I have lost Bosh, Yao, Kirilenko, Odom and Krstic (small league). I'm screwed pretty much.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

You just have to deal with the losses and really look at the waiver wire. I picked up a few scrubs from Houston and they are doing fairly well with their stars out. Battier is not really FB material but he's done fairly well along with Luther Head.

I was pissed when Josh Smith got injured. That injury is going to hurt. hard to replace those blocks, steals, and rebounds!!! GRRRR!!

6. Mr. Bigshot

Mr. Bigshot JBB JustBBall Member

I play in 3 diff leagues and i have like 4 players seriously injured on each team it is just getting flat out ridiculous.

7. adiii

<div class="quote_poster">Trench Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You just have to deal with the losses and really look at the waiver wire. I picked up a few scrubs from Houston and they are doing fairly well with their stars out. Battier is not really FB material but he's done fairly well along with Luther Head.

I was pissed when Josh Smith got injured. That injury is going to hurt. hard to replace those blocks, steals, and rebounds!!! GRRRR!!</div>

Yea but it's hard without the IL especially in head to head, rositierre it's not too bad since it doesnt really hurt you. The one year I steered clear of injury prone players (except Bdiddy in one league). Yeah Josh Smith gave me a shock, because i just finished consoling myself over the loss of Rashard, then it was like BAM!

8. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

I picked up guys like David Lee, Ellis, and D. Williams, off the waiver early in the season. They are helping me survive as the injury onslaught continues.

9. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Ellis is a definately good pick up; I picked him up the other night too. The kid is going crazy in Gstate. MIP candidate for sure.

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm having injury issues galore too. It started with Gasol being out. I then proceeded to lose Odom. I lost Kristic. I lost Roy for a significant time. AK47 went down for me. JR Smith got suspended. And I don't even think this is everyone.

11. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

I cant believe Redd went down now...[​IMG]

12. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

I have Redd in 2 leagues.. hopefully some idiot trades for him lol.

13. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Man..I just can't get a break. My fantasy team lost Krstic for the season. Now I got Odom, Redd and Peja sitting on the bench with injuries. I hope Dirk can carry my team into the playoffs.

14. adiii

josh smith is back! the kid is amazing, 5 steals, 7 blocks

i traded krstic just before he got injured, i felt a lil bad afterwards..