All Star Voting results - newest results are in (second returns)

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by onetwo88, Dec 28, 2006.

1. onetwo88

onetwo88 JBB JustBBall Member

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Wow, I'm amazed how high Shane Battier is on the West's forward voting. Amen! It's about time that guy started getting some respect. And to think, all those moronic Houston Rocket fans were complaining about the Battier for Gay deal. [​IMG]

It looks like the only spots that are really open at this point are the final forward spot in the East, the center spot in the East, and both the final guard and forward spots in the West.

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Well here it is:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">ALL-STAR VOTING RESULTS: EAST

GUARDS: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 983,321; Vince Carter (NJ) 726,040; Gilbert Arenas (Wash) 494,761; Jason Kidd (NJ) 361,504; Stephon Marbury (NY) 237,478; Chauncey Billups (Det) 198,290; Michael Redd (Mil) 151,216; Steve Francis (NY) 133,027; Joe Johnson (Atl) 129,755; Richard Hamilton (Det) 108,355.

FORWARDS: LeBron James (Clev) 1,323,989; Chris Bosh (Tor) 497,283; Jermaine O'Neal (Ind) 437,164; Paul Pierce (Bos) 322,601; Grant Hill (Orl) 281,966; Rasheed Wallace (Det) 251,155; Andre Iguodala (Phi) 219,621; Tayshaun Prince (Det) 166,250; Emeka Okafor (Char) 155,998; Chris Webber (Phi) 147,933.

CENTERS: Shaquille O'Neal (Mia) 855,544; Dwight Howard (Orl) 665,434; Ben Wallace (Chi) 377,127; Alonzo Mourning (Mia) 122,525; Zaza Pachulia (Atl) 99,467; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 79,150; Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Clev) 68,475; Nazr Mohammed (Det) 57,830; Nenad Krstic (NJ) 54,472; Eddy Curry (NY) 52,677.

Scroll down for InsideHoops.com analysis of the results.

ALL-STAR VOTING RESULTS: WEST

GUARDS: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,187,505; Tracy McGrady (Hou) 1,057,057; Allen Iverson (Den) 975,319*; Steve Nash (Pho) 736,168; Chris Paul (NOK) 244,773; Jason Terry (Dal) 236,856; Manu Ginobili (SA) 220,070; Tony Parker (SA) 208,113; Jerry Stackhouse (Dal) 199,328; Ray Allen (Sea) 182,946.

FORWARDS: Kevin Garnett (Minn) 785,865; Tim Duncan (SA) 715,916; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 684,620; Carmelo Anthony (Den) 633,041; Shane Battier (Hou) 471,404; Lamar Odom (LAL) 239,047; Shawn Marion (Pho) 230,155; Josh Howard (Dal) 225,499; Carlos Boozer (Utah) 185,155; Pau Gasol (Mem) 157,239.

CENTERS: Yao Ming (Hou) 1,411,923; Amar? Stoudemire (Pho) 485,642; Erick Dampier (Dal) 218,833; Mehmet Okur (Utah) 153,601; Marcus Camby (Den) 117,606; Chris Kaman (LAC) 61,202; Brad Miller (Sac) 59,859; Tyson Chandler (NOK) 56,874; Chris Mihm (LAL) 55,583; Francisco Elson (SA) 54,442</div>.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Chris Mihm sure has a lot of free time on his hands. He voted for himself 55,583 times.

5. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    <div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Chris Mihm sure has a lot of free time on his hands. He voted for himself 55,583 times.</div>Hahaha ! Good one. [​IMG]
    I don't understand how the hell can Josh Howard have more votes than Carlos Boozer. :S

6. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I'm amazed how high Shane Battier is on the West's forward voting. Amen! It's about time that guy started getting some respect. And to think, all those moronic Houston Rocket fans were complaining about the Battier for Gay deal.

It looks like the only spots that are really open at this point are the final forward spot in the East, the center spot in the East, and both the final guard and forward spots in the West</div>

A section in link says that players on the Rockets, namely Mcgrady and Battier are benifitting due to the fact that they are on Yao's team. Yao obviously gets tons of votes internationally from China and other places in Asia, and they probably vote for Rockets players too.

Anyways, ya'll need to vote for Dwight Howard as Center! Shaq although he's funny doesn't deserve to start. I wish Arenas would start instead of Carter, I'd love to see a line-up of:

PG: Gilbert Arenas
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Dwight Howard

against

PG: Allen Iverson
    SG: Kobe Bryant
    SF: Kevin Garnett
    PF: Tim Duncan
    C: Yao Ming

7. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In the West, at guard, Kobe will probably win a starting slot, but Tracy McGrady faces stiff competition from Allen Iverson, whose votes all count now in the West race even though he used to be in the East. InsideHoops.com predicts that Iverson will overtake T-Mac by the time voting actually finishes.</div>

Keep T-Mac ahead of Iverson, H-town fans! [​IMG]
    I wanna see him start this years all-star game, because it will be his last starting. Welcome Iverson to the WEST. Iverson's giving Tmac a run at it.

Meh, as soon as our chinese fans find out about this, Tmac rockets up about a million votes [​IMG]

8. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my god...imagine if Shaq was still in the west

C: Shaq

watch out.....LOL

9. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">iversonfan3 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh my god...imagine if Shaq was still in the west

C: Shaq

watch out.....LOL</div>

This year Yao has been one of the best players in the league and by far the best center so I'm not sure why you think a West team with Shaq would be scarier than the current West team. I don't think Shaq deserves to be in the All-Star game at all and it's disgusting he is getting more votes than Dwight.

10. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Swish15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> I don't think Shaq deserves to be in the All-Star game at all and it's disgusting he is getting more votes than Dwight.</div>

Indeed [​IMG]

11. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Shaq over D12??[​IMG] wow, that pisses me off.

An Iverson and Kobe backcourt!! Watch out East Coast!![​IMG]

12. rayant21

rayant21 JBB JustBBall Member

its good to see how garnett is leading forwards...he works as hard as anyone in the league and deserves to be a starter...the whole yao ming thing is bull crap..im sure if yugoslavia had one billion people then peja would be leading too

13. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">rayant21 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">its good to see how garnett is leading forwards...he works as hard as anyone in the league and deserves to be a starter...the whole yao ming thing is bull crap..im sure if yugoslavia had one billion people then peja would be leading too</div>

Yeah, why the hell would people vote for the best center in the West (and in the league too) who is averaging 26 PPG, 9 RPG, and 2 BPG? Complete bullsh*t.

14. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

How many guards/forwards does the all star team select as reserves?

15. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">GameFace Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How many guards/forwards does the all star team select as reserves?</div>

Two guards, two forwards, one center and then two of any position.

Anyways, if somehow Shaq misses the game, due to injury or giving up his spot (doubt it), then VC would be the oldest starter from either side at 30. Though if AI is a starter, he'll be the oldest, but it feels like yesterday when VC and AI were making their first all-star appearances in 2000.

16. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I'm amazed how high Shane Battier is on the West's forward voting. Amen! It's about time that guy started getting some respect. And to think, all those moronic Houston Rocket fans were complaining about the Battier for Gay deal. [​IMG].</div>

You can give all of the credit for the Battier votes to some of Houston fans and the rest to Chinese fans. Ever since Battier played in China for Team USA he gained a lot of popularity from Chinese fans as being a part of the Rockets and stuff.

Also, Iverson only needs 100,000 votes to catchup to McGrady. Right now Kobe and Tmac are in the backcourt, but if Iverson can get the starting position, do you guys think Tmac will get the votes from the coaches?

17. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You can give all of the credit for the Battier votes to some of Houston fans and the rest to Chinese fans. Ever since Battier played in China for Team USA he gained a lot of popularity from Chinese fans as being a part of the Rockets and stuff.
    </div>

To add to that, Battier did sign a shoe contract in China.

18. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I wouldn't be surprised to see one year that all the people in China vote for the whole Rockets starting lineup to be the starting lineup of the West.

19. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't be surprised to see one year that all the people in China vote for the whole Rockets starting lineup to be the starting lineup of the West.</div>

We can always dream...
    [​IMG]

20. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Yao Ming has brought billions of fans from China and those fans give all the vote to Tmac, Battier, and Yao (of course). China having a large population has a big impact on the ASG votes. So that answers why Battier has way more votes than Marion.