The 25 Dumbest Quotes of 2006

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M Two One, Dec 30, 2006.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    The 25 Dumbest Quotes of 2006

My personal top five favorites --

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material." --Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Steven (R-AK), explaining the workings of the Internet during a debate on net neutrality</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word." --Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), speaking to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Did you know that Pat Robertson can leg press 2,000 pounds? How does he do it? Where does Pat find the time and energy to host a daily, national TV show, head a world-wide ministry, develop visionary scholars, while traveling the globe as a statesman? One of Pat's secrets to keeping his energy high and his vitality soaring is his age-defying protein shake. Pat developed a delicious, refreshing shake, filled with energy-producing nutrients. Discover what kinds of natural ingredients make up Pat's protein shake by registering for your FREE booklet today!" --from Pat Robertson's Web site</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Sen. Joe Biden</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"And the devil came here yesterday. Yesterday the devil came here. Right here. [crosses himself] And it smells of sulfur still today. Yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, from this rostrum, the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world." --Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, on President Bush, addressing the United Nations General Assembly</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I like this one:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --President George W. Bush, talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward
    </div>

3. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

That Chavez quote was not dumb, it was pretty courageous.

4. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I found the Chavez quote funny, not stupid.

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I personally like this one:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">a couple of days ago, we had a party at my school, and this guy brought kool aid. now, i have never tasted kool aid before, and when i tried it, it tasted really sweet, and i loved it. so i went out and bought some today, came back today and followed the directions on the back. but, when i tried it, i didnt really taste any flavor. it was mostly water. i got the cherry kind, which is the same one the guy at the party bought. so my question is, am i doing something wrong? or did the guy just add too much powder?? -- Brian from JustBBall.com</div>

6. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Submit that to the people at the website. They ask for submissions. lol

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

LMAO, do it Smitty!

8. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Hahahahahaha, I'm about to do it now. [​IMG]

9. Chuck

Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

25) "I think I'd just commit suicide." --Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), in October, on the prospects of the Democrats taking back the Senate in the November election
    HAHAHAHAHA. We took back the Senate and the House!

24) "I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day." --New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin

I love that quote. When Florida was hit by hurricanes, we rebuilt it as a lovely peanut-butter/chocolate city with a chewy marshmellow center.

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Kanye "The Antichrist" West":</div><div class="quote_post">
    If it wasn’t for race mixing, there’d be no video girls. Me and most of my friends like mutts a lot. Yeah, in the hood they call ‘em mutts.</div>

11. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Ehm .. Ok?

12. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"You know there are all these conspiracy theories that Dick runs the country, or Karl runs the country. Why aren't there any conspiracy theories that I run the country? Really ticks me off." --President Bush, at the 2006 Gridiron Dinner</div>

Holy crap. No seriously. Holy crapsacks and donkey balls.

13. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I personally like this one:</div>

LMAO. Wow, I completely forgot about that. Classic.

14. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

"I may not have the type of voice you like, but I can sing. You can't take that away from me, cause singing is a gift from God, and when people say I can't sing, it's kind of like insulting God."

- fergi

everytime i read this i cant help to laugh

15. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"You don't like to see hookers going down on players like that."

"He's looking for some meaningful penetration into the backline."

"Spencer's running across field calling out, 'come inside me, come inside me.'"

"I can tell you it's a magnificent sensation when the gap opens up like that and you just burst right through."

"I don't like this new law, because your first instinct when you see a man on the ground is to go down on him"

"Darryl Gibson has been quite magnificent coming inside Andrew Mehrtens, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the same today."

"There's nothing that a tight forward likes more than a loosie right up his backside"

"Everybody knows that I have been pumping Martin Leslie for a couple of seasons now."

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."</div>

Murray Mexted. He still has a job as a commentator, somehow.

16. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Stockton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Murray Mexted. He still has a job as a commentator, somehow.</div>

lmao, that was great.

Mexted is still better than the jerks we have commentating over here, I've never heard so much bias in my life.

17. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">MainMan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">"I may not have the type of voice you like, but I can sing. You can't take that away from me, cause singing is a gift from God, and when people say I can't sing, it's kind of like insulting God."

- fergi

everytime i read this i cant help to laugh</div>

Every time I look at her face and know that people say she's beautiful I have to laugh.

18. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Every time I look at her face and know that people say she's beautiful I have to laugh.</div>

The wonders of a paper bag. [​IMG]

19. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Every time I look at her face and know that people say she's beautiful I have to laugh.</div>

[​IMG]

If only she had a permanent one of these.

20. arre

arre JBB JustBBall Member

One name comes to my mind: Mel Gibson.