Should I drop Krilenko?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Sergio, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

So far he still pretty much suck (comparing him to last year - blocking, scoring and rebounding wise)... should I drop him?

There are still some decent players available as FA:

K. Korver
    R. Alston
    C. Mobley
    M. Dunleavy
    S. Jackson
    C. Atkins
    M. Pietrus
    J. Tinsley
    Al Jefferson
    J. Jack
    R. Patterson
    D. Mason
    M. Blount
    J.R. Smith
    S. Parker
    S. Abdur-Rahim
    Q. Richardson

My current roster consists of:

Monta Ellis
    Kevin Martin
    Jason Kidd
    Andrei Krilenko
    LeBron James
    Marcus Camby
    Andris Biedrins
    Trevor Ariza
    Earl Boykins
    Mo Williams
    Grant Hill
    Andre Igoudala
    Raja Bell

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Don't drop him man, he'll pick it up soon, trust me.

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

As long as the Jazz front court players (Okur, Boozer) are healthy the rest of the way, I don't see Kirilenko's points or rebounds increasing much.

4. J_Ray

AK will get more rebounds than Okur IMO Okur just isn't that great of a post player, just a very streaky shooter. I have more faith in AK getting 10 rebounds a game than Okur. AK has gone through a slump as of late, he should get back to himself, just trust me.

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">AK will get more rebounds than Okur IMO Okur just isn't that great of a post player, just a very streaky shooter. I have more faith in AK getting 10 rebounds a game than Okur. AK has gone through a slump as of late, he should get back to himself, just trust me.</div>

As much as I'd like to trust you, Jay, I think that you're being too much of an optimistic fan. If Kirilenko is in a slump, then it's a season-long slump, because since day one he's failed to put up the stats that have made him a staple in fantasy leagues. Agreeing with durvasa, I think it has a lot to do with the increase in productivity with the Jazz frontcourt and their ability to stay healthy this season. So long as they continue at this pace, I think Andrei Kirilneko will continue to "slump."

I still wouldn't just flat out drop him though. With his reputation, you're bound to get someone in your league to bite on him in a trade. Ditching him would only be a last resort option if he were on my team.

6. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I still wouldn't just flat out drop him though. With his reputation, you're bound to get someone in your league to bite on him in a trade. Ditching him would only be a last resort option if he were on my team.</div>

Well I agree he's in a slump, but I was disagreeing dropping the guy for Korver or Mobley, that's just plain stupid. I love it when people do stupid moves with struggling guys because that's how come my teams are always so good. I get these guys that get injured or are struggling, and keep them on bench until they get going again. I picked up Brandon Roy in 2 leagues already, look at him now [​IMG]

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Even if I wanted to, I can't drop him in my league. Damn the Can't Cut list all to hell...jk. Anyways, I wouldn't drop him anyways. He's bound to pick it up, and if he does, he can fill up everything pretty much.

8. Sergio

well, he was my 2nd pick i believe (or 3rd) and was on my "can't cut" list till recently..probably yahoo saw he sucks and gave me an option to drop him [​IMG]

ok..i'll stick with him for a little longer...

9. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

You should stick with AK47 he still gets blocks, he still has tiem ot turn it around. Korver and Jefferson are two FAs you should strongly consider.

10. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

I say hang on to him for a bit. If he doesn't pick up within this month or next, seek for a trade. I'm sure some noobie will bite on a trade. Then if you can't possibly get a trade, THEN and only then you should drop him.

11. The_Arbiter

The_Arbiter JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well I agree he's in a slump, but I was disagreeing dropping the guy for Korver or Mobley, that's just plain stupid. I love it when people do stupid moves with struggling guys because that's how come my teams are always so good. I get these guys that get injured or are struggling, and keep them on bench until they get going again. I picked up Brandon Roy in 2 leagues already, look at him now [​IMG]</div>

If anything Korver has picked up the slack as of late. AK-47 hasn't done anything and I think a big part of his previous success was due to the absence of Boozer. If your team is in need of blocks then by all means keep AK-47. but if you need points then you should go for Korver. How big is your league? 8 teams. Im in a 16 team league and I had Korver on my team since draft day. I also have Morrison who just kills my FG% on a bi-weekly if not weekly basis. Im trying to puLL a trade off but no ones biting. Im in a 16 team league so my FA choices are nothing but scrubs. Some dood just dropped T. Murphy and im thinking about jumping at him but I need some solid evidence that he will be traded by the break.

12. The_Arbiter

Looking at your team... you should drop Hill or Bell, even Boykins.... plenty of players on your team that can be sacraficed for Jefferson and Korver hands down. What are you thinking?

13. The_Arbiter

MY GOD PEITRUS!!!! is still available?! this thread belongs in the trash bin.

14. Sergio

<div class="quote_poster">The_Arbiter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If anything Korver has picked up the slack as of late. AK-47 hasn't done anything and I think a big part of his previous success was due to the absence of Boozer. If your team is in need of blocks then by all means keep AK-47. but if you need points then you should go for Korver. How big is your league? 8 teams. </div>

The league ihas 9 teams, I'm:
    4th in FG%
    tied for 6th in FT% ([​IMG])
    2nd in 3PTS made
    2nd in points
    2nd in rebounds
    1st in assists
    1st in steals
    1st in blocks
    9th in turnovers [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had pietrus and i droped him for q. richardson who was later droped for boykins.

And, Jefferson isn't available anymore.

15. Sergio

<div class="quote_poster">The_Arbiter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">MY GOD PEITRUS!!!! is still available?! this thread belongs in the trash bin.</div>

pietrus isn't anything special in my opinion...

he's a bad FT shooter and inconsistant rebounder..

16. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">The_Arbiter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">MY GOD PEITRUS!!!! is still available?! this thread belongs in the trash bin.</div>

Its probrably a small league. Doesn't mean it isnt competitive. We have Shane Battier available in our league along with Tinsley and Ellis for a time. lol. But the league is tight and all the managers are competitive. Its been fun. The league Im running is just 10 teams and only 3 Guards, 3 Forwards, One Center and a single utility with 4 bench players.