Lakers Release Medvedenko, Sign Jimmy Jackson

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Mar 6, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>L.A. Times - The Los Angeles Lakers have waived bigman Slava Medvedenko, a two-time champion with the club, making way for discarded Sun Jimmy Jackson, the L.A. Times is reporting.Medvedenko has only played two games this season before undergoing season-ending surgery in January for a herniated disk in his back. He was re-signed to a two-year, $6-million deal before the 2004-05 season but played only 23 games after that because of injuries and ineffectiveness.Jackson, who is joining his 12th team in 14 seasons, will be asked to add a veteran presence and outside touch to a team that has shot inconsistently throughout the season but is fighting for a playoff spot, according to the L.A. Times.His contract is contingent on passing a physical today in Los Angeles. It is not expected to be a problem</div>

2. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

Sounds like good news to me. It's a sham Slava had to get injuried because he was always one of my favorites. Anyways I just hope Jackson will provide for the team.

3. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Good signing, Slava was not much of anything. Jimmy helps the backcourt, and with McKie supposedly getting geared to return. It's a nice rotation.

4. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Thank God he's gone.[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]=Slug Medveplinko[​IMG]Add salt to a slug, and throw in the most inconsistent game on the face of the Earth (Plinko), and you get Slug Medveplinko.

5. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Laker fans aren't gonna miss Stephen A. Smith's pronunciation of Slava Medvendenko?

6. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

I just always thought Slavo was a pretty good player coming off the bench whenever Shaq needed to take a breath of air. He was always that player that could help the team on defense and at times give your team 2 or 4 points in the paint before sitting back down and he wasn't that bad of a rebounder either offensive or defensive side of the floor.

7. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Whenever I watched him he never passed the ball when he got it....he was going to shoot it. He's one of those players that is really bad but some people think he's a good scrappy player because he tries hard.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Mar 6 2006, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Laker fans aren't gonna miss Stephen A. Smith's pronunciation of Slava Medvendenko?</div> "Tha Laka's got SLAVAAH MED-VAH-DENKO..."

8. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

Pretty much anything added to this team is a PLUS. He will help alot.

9. melo

melo Magic

Even though slava didn't play well, it's going to be kind of strange with him not being on the lakers. Now there are only 2 lakers from the 3 peat.

10. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

Deavan and Kobe, right?Anyways, it was a good move - you can only improve from saliva... erm, slava.

11. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ELiiiTE @ Mar 7 2006, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Deavan and Kobe, right?Anyways, it was a good move - you can only improve from saliva... erm, slava.</div>Jokes aside, i'm all for lowering Luke walton's minutes but as i said it's going to be strange without Slava. If DG goes then kobe is going to be the only person from the 3 peat [​IMG]

12. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

Thank Allah, Vishnu, God, Yahweh, Buddha and pretty much every other god to any religion Slava is off the lakers!!!

13. melo

melo Magic

You guys are mean [​IMG]

14. NOODLESTYLE

NOODLESTYLE BBW Member

In honor of Slava, here you go buddy:[​IMG]