Best, most exciting/spectacular alley-oop duo?

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by Neely, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Neely

Neely JBB JustBBall Member

from the past (only including players since I started following basketball in the mid90s):

Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp: IMO they were incredible and did it also very frequently. Kemp & Payton just rocked during the 90s, the 'dynamic duo', Kemp was very fast getting from one end to the other and Payton knew exactly where he was going and had one of the best big-man athletic dunkers of all-time to his side.

Jason Kidd and Antonio McDyess: I was watching the Suns a lot in the late 90s and around 2000. The Suns fastbreak game with these two showed some of the best in-game alley-oop dunks I have seen. Basically, Kidd just had to throw it somewhere near to the basket, didn't matter if three feet under or above the rim and McDyess soared for it and slammed it down. I remember some unreal things as Kidd threw the pass from near mid-court or even beyond. What a pity that McDyess badly injured his knee later, this guy used to play well above the rim.

present:

Steve Nash and Shawn Marion: Probably nobody is receiving as many alley-oops as Marion nowadays. He has one of the best passers next to him, this duo is certainly leading it in terms of frequency.

Although Andre Miller got traded and doesn't play in Denver anymore, I think him and Carmelo Anthony also deserve a mention because they showed some pretty good stuff this and last season.

Looking foward for further input, opinions or mentions for the past and present...

2. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Iverson-Iggy
    I can't think of anymore.

3. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

I've seen some damn good ones from Kidd and Carter.

4. NTC

NTC Active Member

Kidd / K-Mart.

Game Over.

5. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Kidd/Carter.

Game over.

6. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Kidd to Carter:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="</param><param"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpbT1VnrckA">" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpbT1VnrckA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpbT1VnrckA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="</param><param"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPdR1M5BhS8">" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jPdR1M5BhS8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPdR1M5BhS8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">NTC187 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kidd / K-Mart.

Game Over.</div>

I love that duo. How much I miss it. Played so well together

Invalid Video Link

I love the energy and intensity Martin brought <u>every</u> game.

8. sportsaholic

sportsaholic JBB Banned Member

Kidd/Carter and Nash/Marion... They are both very good passers/dunkers...
    I havet seen Carter and Kidd play but I have seen about every single alley-oop the Suns have tried all year. I guess I would look bias saying Phoenix but... They are the only team I have seen...so, I gotta go with the Suns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfyM1MDkle8

9. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Carter/Kidd

Carter/ Oakley (Oaks used to lob it up for Vince plenty of times)

A.I/ Iggy

I still think the best alley-oop pass I've ever seen was that game against the Sixers a couple of years ago where JKidd was trapped behind the backboard when he was coming from the side and while he was in the air, it looked like he had nowhere to go and he just threw the ball towards the net (he knew KMart was gonna grab it though, you could tell it was a pass) and KMart showed up out of nowhere and jammed it through with authority. The play itself was so spectacular that even JKidd jumped up and down when KMart dunked it home.

The alleyoop with Kidd and Carter where Carter caught it REALLY low and reverse-slammed it against the Magic stands out as well.

My favourite alleyoop though, by far, is from a preseason game between the Cavs and the Raptors in 2002 when Corliss Williamson threw a no look pass to Vince who caught it and windmilled it in the air before flushing it in. That was absolutely sick.

10. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    right now, Kidd-Carter.

Carterbackin his toronto days had the nastiest alley-oops, ever. Throw it way above/ way too low and he would just do something you never thought was possible. He would windmill alleys.

Ahh those were the days..

11. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Nash and Stoudemire I think should be mentioned although STAT doesn't quite elevate the way he used to... Could have been tops if Stoudemire was his old self.

12. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Anyone to Dwight. [​IMG] Jameer/Dwight is my favorite although surprisingly Turkoglu/Dwight is probably the most effective.

13. A.D.

A.D. JBB JustBBall Member

Nash to Marion is ill, so is/was Kidd to Carter/K-Mart. I liked Andre Miller to Melo, hopefully we'll see some A.I. to Melo soon.

14. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

Nash/pre-knee surgery Amare was crazy good. I would guess Kidd/Kmart (Kmart's plays seemed to show so much energy that it got me pumped), Payton/Kemp (incredible dunker from what I've seen), Nash/Marion (he is really good at getting open for them or something), and Kidd/Carter (obviously a sick dunker)

15. NTC

NTC Active Member

Rip to Prince is quickly becoming another good duo.

16. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Francis to Cato. I'm dead serious.

17. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Kidd and Carter has always been fun to watch.

18. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">durvasa Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Francis to Cato. I'm dead serious.</div>
    I don't know why but it just seems funny.

19. elevate

elevate JBB JustBBall Member

How about Andre Miller to the Denver Nuggets. Melo, JR Smith, Kenyon (when he was healthy) and Camby were catchin passes from him.

20. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Francis to Cato. I'm dead serious.</div>

lol, that's just what I was thinking when I entered the thread.....Francis to Cato, Francis to Mobley, or Mobley to Francis created plenty of highlight reels......they did at least 2 each game.

edit

Brian Shaw to Shaq