T-Mac says its 'Nothing Major'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tracymcgrady_01, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Rockets guard Tracy McGrady, who missed Wednesday night's 100-91 loss to the Phoenix Suns because of a sore lower back, was confident he would be able to play Saturday against the Denver Nuggets.

McGrady said the problem was from the tightness that gripped him after a dunk with 3:20 left in Tuesday's game in Dallas and not a recurrence of the back spasms that forced him to miss seven games last month and sidelined him several times last season.

"That's all it is. It's stiffness," McGrady said. "This is different, not related to what I've been dealing with in the past. I'm not concerned at all.

"Of course, it's frustrating. Not to be out there with the guys as well as we've been playing as of late, and to have the best team come in here and know the style of play they play, it's going to be a tough challenge for my team, especially not to have me out there."

Though McGrady said he was not sitting out as a precautionary move ? saying he was "not feeling well enough to play (Wednesday)," he also expressed confidence he would play Saturday against the Nuggets.

"I'm not concerned with my back at all. It got tight on me (Tuesday) night. We're taking caution to not go out and try to rush back. We don't play again until Saturday so I have a few days to rest, get some treatment, and I'll be back again on Saturday."

Rockets trainer Keith Jones said McGrady is "day to day."

McGrady, averaging 25.2 points per game, said his back tightened after the dunk in Dallas. He left the 109-96 loss to the Mavericks a minute later with 45 points, seven assists and five rebounds.

McGrady said the back had "tightened," but that it was "nothing major."

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy also said the decision was not precautionary because there is no guarantee that sitting McGrady for a game could prevent his condition from returning or becoming worse.

"If he can play, he can play," Van Gundy said. "If he can't, he can't. He can't play."
    </div>

Source: Houston Chronicle

Good news then... Hopefully he will be shooting the same as he was before this small injury. But I like the timing.. It works out great for T-Mac. We dont play until Saturday and then the next game after that is San Antonio on Wednesday.. Also, the games are all at home so its not like he has to travel.. Good news for the rockets.. Now lets win and go on another new streak!!!!!

2. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Heck Yea! It better be nothing major. Go Tmac!

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

Well....I hope it's true, but he said the same thing last time.

4. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

^nikka, let em rest up. I am glad (well you know) that Yao is out till March. We will need our dynamic duo in the playoffs if we have any shot at making a run.

If T-Mac misses a game in the regular season don't think much of it. Come playoff time you will be happy.

5. umair

Yeah I am pretty sure Tmac will bring it all despite his back problems in the playoffs. My boy McGrady gon' bring it on and do anyone up like he did Dallas.

Also, igotas8board, didnt they see he would be "completely" ready by March. So doesnt that mean he will come back in mid-March?

6. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    Maybe he's resting so that he wont have any problems when he also posterizes duncan! lol

Let me see,
    List of Duncan Posterizers this year:
    1. Lebron
    2. Kobe
    3. T-MAC? I hope so
    4. Wade maybe?
    5. Whoever
    and so on

7. David J

David J JBB JustBBall Member

i hope t-mac is just resting and it really doesnt hurt cause without mcgrady and yao they dont have a chance of being an nba team anymore

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">David J Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">i hope t-mac is just resting and it really doesnt hurt cause without mcgrady and yao they dont have a chance of being an nba team anymore</div>
    Hmm? If the Charlotte Bobcats are an NBA team, I don't see how the Rockets without Yao and McGrady can't be one.

9. igotask8board

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah I am pretty sure Tmac will bring it all despite his back problems in the playoffs. My boy McGrady gon' bring it on and do anyone up like he did Dallas.

Also, igotas8board, didnt they see he would be "completely" ready by March. So doesnt that mean he will come back in mid-March?</div>

Yea, I think you're right.

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hmm? If the Charlotte Bobcats are an NBA team, I don't see how the Rockets without Yao and McGrady can't be one.</div>

Cheap shot. [​IMG]

10. umair

I just noticed this. We lost Tmac for most of the season last year, and now we lose Yao for a part of this season. It is said he'll be out till late March. We have to be one of the best teams to get effected by injuries.

11. igotask8board

^ Hey it says a lot about our supporting cast. Unlike last season, we have more depth and our players step up their game.

12. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

But, we still have like half the season to go and also the east is a little bit easier to play. No question though we have gotten better from last year with the new supporting cast especially when snyder comes back... We still got like half the season to go so you never know there could me more injuries..