UTM: Lakers' Edition

Discussion in 'Lakers Skybox' started by Mamba, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Since the Lakers' board is the most popular forum on this site ([​IMG] ), I thought I'd start this thread. Basically, I'll pick a member every week or so, and we can ask them questions (keep them clean, the person that I pick as the right to decline to answer) There is a 5 question max.

The first person to go under the microscope will be: Illmatic

I picked Illmatic because he's one of the most knowledgeable, open-minded Laker fans on the board.

1) Outside of the Lakers, what teams and players do you like to follow?
    2) What is your favorite food?
    3) How do you feel about Phil Jackson?
    4) How far do you think this Laker team can go this year?
    5) Outside of the Laker forum, what is your favorite forum on JBB?

BTW, don't PM me and ask me to be on this, because I will ignore you for quite a while.

2. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

6) Where are you from?
    7) Do you play basketball yourself?
    8) If you could go back in time and cancel 1 trade the Lakers has made during the last 5 years, what trade would you cancel if any?
    9) If you could go back in time and cancel 1 signing of a player the Lakers has made during the last 5 years, what signing would you cancel if any?
    10) [arnold]Who is your daddy, and what does he do?[/arnold]

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I'll get some questions up later, but it doesn't have to be Laker related does it?

4. Mamba

5. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

How old are you?
    When did you start playing ball?
    Where in California do you live? If you live in California.
    Wanna hang out? lol

6. Really Lost One

1. How good are you in basketball?
    2. Can you beat me 1 on 1?
    3. Who is cooler, Mamba or Trench?
    4. Suns Vs. Heat in the NBA Finals, who do you root for (you MUST pick a team)
    5. You are starting a franchise, who would you choose to be your center piece?

BONUS Question: Who can you stand less, Raja Bell or Dwyane Wade

7. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words Mamba, 'preciate it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. Besides the Lakers, I really don't have another "favorite" team. Some of the teams I root for and like watching are the Chicago Bulls because I just love their style and players. I also like the Dallas Mavericks, they're a heck of a team and fun to watch.

2. Favorite food would have to be Sushi, hands down! When I go out for Sushi I'm spending atleast 25 bucks, and it kills my wallet but I just can't get enough of it.

3. I am currently back to being a big fan of Phil Jackson. I think everyone can relate when I say we've all have had our doubts about him through the years, specially his second run with the Lakers. I was one of those that said "Phil has always had Kobe and Jordan, that's why he was so successful and he just sits on the bench and doesn't do anything." I no longer believe that and I think he's a hell of a coach, and I absolutely LOVE how he backs up his players when they're not getting love from the refs. I am also a big fan of his mind games and he'll say what's on his mind. Not too many negative stuff can be said about the Zen Master....9 championships speaks for itself. [​IMG]

4. If we're healthy, I honestly believe we can make it to the WCF. We're just one of those teams that excel in the playoffs. Phil Jackson prepares this team during the regular season for the playoffs, which is one of the reasons I believe we won't be a first round exit this year. Last year, we were so young, so inexperienced and didn't have a couple of the new guys we have now. Last year was a good experience for the Lakers, and I believe they will build on that this year in the playoffs. We got one of the best coaching staff's in the league and I trust they will make all the right decisions come post season. When you got Kobe Bryant on your team, sky's the limit. I'm not quite sure if we're title contenders this year because we really haven't seen our original starting five play the whole season to give us a glimpse of what we can expect in the playoffs. One nice thing about our team and the Triangle offense, is the team is getting better every game. I look for us to make some noise this year and prove all the doubters wrong.

5. Well, As you know, I love JBB, such a great community of some REAL Laker fans. We may be a small board, but quality over quantity. The group of people we have here do not panic after every loss and make ridiculous threads on "Trade this player" or "We're not title contenders" etc. Everyone intelligently shares their opinion and we all got respect for one another. Other Laker forums I've been to are Club Lakers and Lakers Ground. I did NOT, I repeat did NOT like those two forums, which are supposed to be two of the biggest around. The members of those boards are absolutely ridiculous and are the most fair-weather fans you've ever come across. They are so bad I find myself being against Kobe over there because you are NEVER allowed to say anything negative about Kobe or criticize his performance, which is absolutely ludicrous! You guys got a great thing going over here and I'm glad to be apart of this community. With that said, JBB FOR LIFE! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. illmatic

<div class="quote_poster">Bahir Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

6) Where are you from? </div>

I'm from Los Angeles. I live in the San Fernando "Valley", Woodland Hills to be exact. I currently live with my older brother (he's 25 years old, I'm 21) while our other house is currently being built.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">7) Do you play basketball yourself? </div>

Damn right! Unfortunately, lately I've been getting the worst case of shin splints and if I play ball for 2 hours one day, I won't be able to play for another 1-2 weeks, it's that bad! I've never had this problem before and it depresses me so much because I love to play ball. Anyways, I don't play in a league or anything, but my buddies and I will get together and play or I'll play a pick up game at my Gym in their indoor basketball court.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">8) If you could go back in time and cancel 1 trade the Lakers has made during the last 5 years, what trade would you cancel if any?</div>

Good question, let's see....Although I would have loved to see Kobe and Shaq work things out and win some more championships, I understand what went on with that ordeal and I wouldn't want Shaq back anyways. To be honest, I think our biggest loss wasn't a player, but the best GM in basketball today, Jerry West. That man has my upmost respect and is one of the most knowledgable guys in the game. He IS the NBA Logo for Pete's sake! He's Mr. Basketball and I think we were real fortunate to have him on our side. If it wasn't for him, Kobe Bryant would not even be on the Lakers. The guy sees talent that others do not. For that reason alone, Jerry West..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">9) If you could go back in time and cancel 1 signing of a player the Lakers has made during the last 5 years, what signing would you cancel if any?</div>

Man, this is a tough one. I could name a lot for this one. Although I have nothing against him, I'd have to say Shammond Williams.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">10) [arnold]Who is your daddy, and what does he do?[/arnold]</div>

LOL! [​IMG] Me and my buddies used to always prank call people with that, man, we had some good times with that.

9. illmatic

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

1. How good are you in basketball?</div>

I think I'm okay. I'm 5'11 178 lbs and I got a real nice mid-range jump shot. My handles are pretty good. I have trouble on defense against taller guys and my post defense needs help, that's one aspect of my game I'd really like to improve. Confidence is a big part in my game, I can be a real streak shooter at times, and I'm trying to work on that. The thing is, I barely play basketball anymore, so for the time I put in, I think I do alright. One more thing I need to work on is driving the ball to the basket, I don't want to just be one-dimensional and just shoot, you know.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">2. Can you beat me 1 on 1? [​IMG] [​IMG] </div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">3. Who is cooler, Mamba or Trench?</div>

Hahaha! They're both my boys and real cool dudes. I'd give the edge to Trench cause he makes cool sigs! haha, just playin Mamba [​IMG] [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">4. Suns Vs. Heat in the NBA Finals, who do you root for (you MUST pick a team)</div>

SUNS, no questions asked. You know, Suns cost me A LOT of money Game 6 and 7 in last years playoffs. But, for some reason, I like that team a lot. Amare is one of my favorites and I like Marion a lot, and Nash is amazing.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">5. You are starting a franchise, who would you choose to be your center piece?</div>

Kobe Bryant, then Lebron James. You can't go wrong with either one.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">BONUS Question: Who can you stand less, Raja Bell or Dwyane Wade</div>

Dwayne Wade, I just don't like dude. I don't like his swagger, but the dude has got game. He may get a lot of calls, but you can't deny his skills and talent.

I actually don't HATE Raja "Tinker" Bell, but after he clothes-lined Kobe, that really pissed me off and made me not like him too much. I've seen interviews with him and to be honest, I know you guys are gonna hate me for this, he seems like a real cool dude. So if the whole beef with Kobe never happened, I would probably have no problem with him.

10. illmatic

<div class="quote_poster">DynastYWarrioR6 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How old are you?</div>

21, birthday is on September 21st, 1985.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">When did you start playing ball?</div>

I'd have to say in about 4th or 5th grade ( I don't remember what age that was, lol)

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Where in California do you live? If you live in California.
    Wanna hang out? lol</div>

lol, for sure homie. I'm in Los Angeles, I live in the Valley, Woodland Hills to be exact.

11. DynastYWarrioR6

OC here baby....lol..Irvine to be exact. xP
    stop by anytime...just let me know when lol..

12. Really Lost One

Nice answers illmatic. You're a great poster and I hope you stay for a loooooong time. I love reading all your thoughtful analysis.

Btw, I hope your shins get better

13. illmatic

<div class="quote_poster">DynastYWarrioR6 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">OC here baby....lol..Irvine to be exact. xP
    stop by anytime...just let me know when lol..</div>

hahaha, that's cool, I'm actually gonna be in Irvine today for a house Appraisal Inspection. We'll arrange something sometime.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Brian:</div><div class="quote_post">Nice answers illmatic. You're a great poster and I hope you stay for a loooooong time. I love reading all your thoughtful analysis.

Btw, I hope your shins get better</div>

Thanks a lot Brian, 'preciate it man. I played ball again at Shoup Park during the day yesterday, and I'm in bad shape.. I'm gonna take a month off and see if it will permanently go away. [​IMG]

14. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Well, no questions/answers for eleven days. Who's next ?

15. Mamba

Shapecity.

16. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Unfortunatelly, this thing pretty much failed in our skybox.

17. Mamba

Wow, you must be a real brain child [​IMG]

18. DynastYWarrioR6

i COULD talk about myself, but I highly doubt anyone would care lol

i know i wouldnt xP

19. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    <div class="quote_poster">Mamba Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, you must be a real brain child [​IMG]</div>Ofcourse. [​IMG]