Protrade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Ming637, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Does anybody else here except for Me, Gators, and CK go on protrade.com? It's a pretty cool fantasy system where it like combines ESPN and the stock market. You basically invest on players like you would in the stock market and see who comes out with the best portfolio. If anybody here wants to start a challenge, let me know.

Here's how the market works:

[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Step 1 - PROTRADE sets the players prices
    PROTRADE sets a player's price equal to the number of fantasy points he earned in the previous season.

If Alex Smith earned 42 fantasy points last season, his price will be set to $42. By setting the price equal to fantasy points earned, market prices are tied to a player's actual performance.

Step 2 - Traders buy and sell players
    Traders buy players they think will go up in price.

For example, Alex Smith is priced at $42. TraderMike thinks Smith will earn 100 fantasy points this season and that Smith is drastically undervalued. TraderMike buys 50 shares of Smith.

Step 3 - Prices move up and down based on buy/sell pressure
    The more a player is bought, the more his price goes up. The more he is sold, the more his price falls. As the season moves on, traders are influenced by the players' performances to date.

For example, Smith is injured in Week 2 after earning just 12 fantasy points and is expected to be out for the rest of the season. TraderMike sold his 50 shares as soon as he heard the news -- Smith is unlikely to earn more than $12 this season (and TraderMike purchased him at $42).

Step 4 - The season ends & the trading cycle begins again
    Once the season ends, PROTRADE sets players' prices equal to the number of fantasy points earned (Step 1). This event is called Earnings Day.

For example, Alex Smith's price is set to $12 as he earned only 12 fantasy points during the season. Because the market is efficient, Smith's price was already trading at $12 in anticipation of Earnings Day. </div>

And here's how trading works:

[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Step 1 - Start with $25,000 (fake money) to trade players
    We give you $25,000 in PROTRADE dollars when you sign up for free. It's up to you to earn more cash from then on!

Step 2 - Buy players who you think will go up
    Sounds simple, doesn't it? Remember that one dollar on the PROTRADE market equals one fantasy point. Find players who you think will earn more fantasy points than their current market price predicts.

For more on this, read about How the Market Works.

Step 3 - Compete against other traders for cash, prizes and bragging rights
    Have fun! Enter fantasy challenges to compete against other traders. Traders who can generate the highest returns on their portfolios can win cash and prizes... plus the chance to show they knew it all along.</div>

And here's a few videos that this site was featured on to help explain the process.

Invalid Video Link

Invalid Video Link

2. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Username: billevee

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I'm on it.....
    Username: J_Ray

4. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

username: Floridadoesitbetter

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Just joined, username: ak47sbc

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I'm sportsrock37.

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Just won a 100 dollar gift certificate to Stubhub from a private protrade.com challenge of 6 people!

8. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Will637 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Just won a 100 dollar gift certificate to Stubhub from a private protrade.com challenge of 6 people!</div>

You serious [​IMG]

9. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank">[​IMG]

10. J_Ray

Are you 18 yet though? If not, you better have your parents claim it for you [​IMG]

11. Dale_TheOne

Dale_TheOne JBB JustBBall Member

what is a zipcode and i will sign up?

12. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Dale_TheOne Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">what is a zipcode and i will sign up?</div>

Something we have here in the U.S. [​IMG]

13. Dale_TheOne

Dale_TheOne JBB JustBBall Member

well seeing as im not from the us i wouldnt know that[​IMG] so what would i put in that field?

14. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Dale_TheOne Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">well seeing as im not from the us i wouldnt know that[​IMG] so what would i put in that field?</div>

Too tell you the truth, I have no clue [​IMG] Maybe you just change your country if there's a scoller thing.....