Memphis Beats North Texas, 73-58

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by 44Thrilla, Mar 16, 2007.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

North Texas with the early lead, 16-11.

I got N.T. for the upset. Let's do this!

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

36-27 Memphis lead @ half

15-2 Memphis run to go into half was just insane, crowd was going crazy and Norht Texas just refused to call a timeout. North Texas is just running out of gas.....

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">36-27 Memphis lead @ half

15-2 Memphis run to go into half was just insane, crowd was going crazy and Norht Texas just refused to call a timeout. North Texas is just running out of gas.....</div>

It pisses me off that they're playing North Texas and not a legitimate team yet, because it's frustrating as hell to see North Texas make so many stupid mistakes. Any half-way decent team would have put them away by now.

They're unorganized, sloppy, and streaky; a team that lives and dies on the three pointer.

If they don't lose this one (which they probably won't), then they'll be out the next round.

4. Fitch4Delk00

Fitch4Delk00 JBB JustBBall Member

I turned the game on with about 6minutes left, and it seemed as if the refs were being bias and missed a lot of calls where Memphis was fouling N.Texas. Another thing I noticed is the players on N.Texas are tall as hell.

5. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">fitch4delk00 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I turned the game on with about 6minutes left, and it seemed as if the refs were being bias and missed a lot of calls where Memphis was fouling N.Texas. Another thing I noticed is the players on N.Texas are tall as hell.</div>

Agreed on both accounts. [​IMG]

Shelden Williams' brother actually plays for North Texas, so does Keith Wooden, a former Rivals100 recruit from Arizona State. So for what it's worth, they do have some names on that team.

(BTW - Is anyone else sick of Bill Rafferty and Vern Lundquist?)

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">(BTW - Is anyone else sick of Bill Rafferty and Vern Lundquist?)</div>
    Big time.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I had Memphis advancing in this game, but losing in the next round. I need to gain some ground in the standings. I just hope it's a close game so Memphis has to exert a lot of energy and won't be ready for the next round.

8. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Tigers win this one.

Memphis had trouble in the beginning, but then after they gained some confidence their play all around was pretty good. They just need to keep playing confidently and they could go further then many people expect. I'm definitely hoping so.

9. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">M Two One Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Tigers win this one.

Memphis had trouble in the beginning, but then after they gained some confidence their play all around was pretty good. They just need to keep playing confidently and they could go further then many people expect. I'm definitely hoping so.</div>

Memphis always plays with confidence. In fact, it's a borderline cockiness. What they lack though is structure and discipline. Their offense is so unoganized. It's an isolation-based spread offense that hacks up more three pointers than any other offense in America, and not only that, but they're the #314th best freethrow shooting team in the NCAA (out of 325 teams). They're going down to Nevada/Creighton guaranteed.