Who can NYK get for Marbury?

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by nba dogmatist, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

I'm not sure alot of teams have interest in him, and he's got a huge contract. Any ideas?

2. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

if they trade him they won't get equal value back but that's not nessecarily a bad thing cuz they got good talent already. i think it would be a few role players and a draft pick.

3. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

yeah, they won't be able to get equal value w/ a contract that big.

4. JustBlaze

JustBlaze BBW Elite Member

His value has dropped significantly, look what Phoenix got for him when they traded him a few years ago, pretty much just salary cap relief and I would expect even less this time. Not many teams are looking for scoring point guards.

5. Longhorns10

Longhorns10 BBW Member

no1 because they have to get some1 with equaly contract value and also no1 wants him ecause of his attitude

6. Asian

Asian BBW Member

A few role players and a draft pick IMO is what thet need, just like what you said nykfan4life. They already have talented players, they just need some help comming together.

7. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

Really i read on Realgm the other day that if something was to happen they was thinkin about Buying out Browns contract or marburys....Meaning they got nothing for him. No one is gonna want marbury...

8. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

^^Hot sig man.Anyway I think we should get a bunch of young guys and draft picks for him.

9. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

At best the Knicks will get salary relief but no quality players.

10. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

No team's gonna want this guy alone. They're going to be expecting at least Channing Frye to go along with him or if they still had it, their 1st round pick.

11. Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf BBW Member

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but Minnesota will probably be one of the few teams interested in him this off-season. They will probably offer a package of Marko Jaric, Eddie Griffin and Trenton Hassell or something.

12. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

I actually think he would fit in well with Minnesota. He will have to straighten up or Garnett will be all over him.I know they did not co-exist early in there careers but they were both very young with big egos. While Marbs still has a bit of an ego I dont think it will be an issue. Garnett will still be the #1 option but Stephon should still get the amount of shots he needs to be happy.

13. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Wolf @ Mar 28 2006, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to revive a dead topic, but Minnesota will probably be one of the few teams interested in him this off-season. They will probably offer a package of Marko Jaric, Eddie Griffin and Trenton Hassell or something.</div>yea and thats good for ny. They need more role players that dont need to score...

14. JustBlaze

I hope that doesn't happen, I like the Timberwolves and I wouldn't want to see that fuckhead on the team again.

15. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Wolf @ Mar 28 2006, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to revive a dead topic, but Minnesota will probably be one of the few teams interested in him this off-season. They will probably offer a package of Marko Jaric, Eddie Griffin and Trenton Hassell or something.</div>the talk after the knicks played the twolves was that one of the possibly being traded to the other team. meaning it could be kg and marbury together in ny or minny. they definitely want to play together again. i think if marbury were to go to minny the knicks would also get those guys. but if the knicks were to get kg i don't know who the knicks would give up. probably frye and some of their expiring contracts like jalen's and taylor's. i think kg coming to ny is very slim but anything can happen in the nba.

16. boykinsforpresident

boykinsforpresident BBW Member

Seriously, NY doesnt need any more guards! They have like 3-4 quality ones right now, so realizing that i hope that they dont get jaric in a deal for marbury. I honestly think the Knicks need a scoring PF or SF! Look for them to get peja this off season! U heard it here first!

17. JustBlaze

HahahaHow the hell are they going to get Peja?

18. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I think they will trade him for a first round pick and two role players that have big contracts.But there are few teams that would want his style of play (which is shooting way too much) on their team.