Greatest Game(s) You've Ever Watched

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Karma, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

This is games that you've actually WATCHED live, and not games you just saw highlights of or heard about through other people.

For me, the list would look something like this (in no particular order):

1. 2001 NBA All-Star Game
    2. Lakers/Suns Game 4 2006 Playoffs First Round
    3. Raptors/Sixers Games 1 to 7, 2001 E.C Semi Finals
    4. Lakers/Kings Game 7 2002 WCF
    5. Bulls/Jazz NBA Finals Game 6, 1998
    6. Raptors/Magic Reg. Season Game [Vince facing T-Mac for the first time in Orlando; I believe it was sometime in Nov. 2001]
    7. Nets/Raptors, 05-06 Reg. Season Game [Vince burying a buzzer beating 3 IN Toronto]
    8. Sixers/Pacers Game 1 2001 Playoffs First Round [Reggie Miller hits game winning shot; Pacers come back from 16 down]
    9. Raptors/Celtics 99/00 Reg. Season Game [Vince hits a fadeaway buzzer beating 3 with a defender on him]
    10. Kobe Bryant vs. Toronto Raptors, January 22, 2006....Whoever watched the game, should have this game on thier list.

I'm sure there have been plenty of other great games I've watched that should be added onto this list, but for the time being these are all I could remember.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Magic-Wizards (when McGrady scored 62 or 63 points. I was really young and it was crazy watching every basket drop)

Magic-Spurs (I was at this game and Dwight won the game with an alley oop with less than a second left on the clock)

Rockets-Spurs (when Tracy McGrady dropped 13 points in 35 seconds. Just incredible)

3. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

For this season, I'd say Rasheed and Mo Pete's last second heroics. I'll post my list sometime later.

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

5. Karma

^ I didn't watch that game specifically, but I remember Bill Simmons being ecstatic when he wrote the original column about it back in 2002. That whole 2002 Celtics/Nets ECF was great. Jason kidd was absolutely unbelieveable that series; if I remember correctly, he averaged almost a triple double in that series, or he actually did? I'm not completely sure but I remember he was amazing during that series.

6. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^Yup Kidd averaged a triple double during that series.

The game that really comes to mind this season is Phoenix vs Nets. It was just an incredible battle between Kidd and Nash. Too bad Nets lost.

Nash 42 pts 13 asts 6 rebs
    Kidd 38 pts 14 asts 14 rebs

7. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

lakers-spurs, with derek fisher.04
    wolves kings, dont remembers the year but it was game 7, the year detriot won it
    jazz bulls when jordan hit that jumper
    the nets pacers game someone mentioned as well

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Many of these games can't be considered "greats" but they're my personal favorites:

Game 3: Knicks vs. Pacers - Larry Johnson's 4-point play gives Knicks a victory

Game 5: Knicks vs. Heat - Allan Houston hits game-winning runner

2004-05: Rockets vs. Spurs - McGrady goes crazy with 13 points in a row

2002-03: Knicks vs. Lakers - Allan Houston drops 53 on Kobe

2003-04: Knicks vs. Bucks - Knicks down 26 to Bucks and win it

2006-07: Knicks vs. Heat - Crawford went off and made 16 straight FG's. I've never seen anyone do that.

Of course Kobe 81 vs. the Raptors that's just crazy.

2006-07: Knicks vs. Pistons - Marbury drops 42, Frye hits game-tying shot at the buzzer, Knicks win in triple OT and score 151 points

Also that Lakers/Spurs game with Derek Fisher's shot.

9. hustler

<div class="quote_poster">Mercury Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^Yup Kidd averaged a triple double during that series.

The game that really comes to mind this season is Phoenix vs Nets. It was just an incredible battle between Kidd and Nash. Too bad Nets lost.

Nash 42 pts 13 asts 6 rebs
    Kidd 38 pts 14 asts 14 rebs</div>
    I saw that game, and it was CRAZY. Nash and Kidd were on fire.

10. Karma

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    wolves kings, dont remembers the year but it was game 7, the year detriot won it
    </div>

It was in '04 (the only year KG got past the first round), and he was a BEAST in that game 7. I think he had something like 37 points and 20 rebounds, or something along those lines.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    the nets pacers game someone mentioned as well
    </div>

Are you referring to the one where Reggie Miller went in and dunked it on the entire Nets team? I remember Miller hit a 35 foot bank shot to tie it in some playoff game as well, don't know if it was the same game as the one with his dunk.

Houston vs. LA in Game (?) of the 2004 Playoffs @ Toyota Center

I forgot what game number it was specifically, but all I remember is Steve Francis was playing great. However, even though the Rockets had the game pretty much sealed with a 4 point lead and the clock waning, Kobe Bryant single handedly brought the Lakers back. First he stole the ball from Jimmy Jackson (a good defender) and laid it in over 2 or 3 Rocket players, and then he had a clutch 3 point play as well (forgot if it was in that specific order). That was the game where Karl Malone was playing with a ripped jersey. Great game overall, although not the "greatest".

I forgot to add Game 4 of the 2002 WCF. I remember watching that game, and jumping around like crazy when the ball went in after Horry found the ball in the right place at the right time.

11. elevate

elevate JBB JustBBall Member

those were all good picks some of mine would include:

lakers kings game 7 (forgot wat year)
    bulls jazz 98 game 6 jordans shot to remember
    t-macs 13 in 37 seconds when houston played san antonio

funniest thing happend for this game ^^ i was watching it and it was pretty late at my house during the game...spurs up big with a bout 1 minute left...my dads like stop watching and go to bed games over...i said its not over till its over and i was right i was hysterically screaming at my house when tmac hit the game winner and on top of that it was when he was my fav. player (still is) and rockets were my fav team (still are) ill never forget this game
    pistons pacers brawl game (sorry i just love that game)
    im 100% sure im forgetting so many more games tho

12. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

Greatest Games I've ever witnessed in no particular order
    I'll add more when they come to mind...

Regular Season
    2001 Bucks vs Knicks(nothing to special just Latrell Sprewell hit 8 threes in the 4th quarter, and Allen hit a buzzer beater that forced Overtime, then the game went on to 3 OT's)
    2001 Bulls vs Lakers(Shaq gets ejected for swinging at Brad Miller. Ron Artest and Ron Mercer lead the horrible Bulls past the Lakers in OT)
    2000 Heat vs Knicks(Tim Hardaway hits game winning impossible shot)
    The Brawl (need I say more? I can't argue that it was 'memorable')
    2003 Pistons vs Celtics (Pistons destroy Celtics by 52 points, at one point in the game they led by 60 points, the crowd was chanting "PISTONS!")
    2002 Lakers vs Blazers (Huge rivalry, game went into 3 OT, Scottie Pippen ejected for throwing ball into stands, Rasheed Wallace hits game winning shot)
    2006 Sixers vs Celtics (Sixers win in 3 OT by 1 point off of Kyle Korver huge 3, Iverson and C-Webb combined for 64 points)
    2007 Pistons vs Nuggets (Rasheed Wallace forces OT with a 60 foot shot, Pistons go on to defeat Denver.)
    2003 Wizards vs Knicks (MJ scores 40+ against the Knicks for his last game at Madison Square Garden)

Playoffs
    2005 WCF Spurs vs Suns (Amare Stoudemire blocks Tim Duncan at the buzzer, Suns prevail)
    2002 WCF Kings vs Lakers(game 7 that goes to OT)
    2004 Lakers vs Spurs (Derek Fisher buzzer beater with .4)
    2004 ECF Pistons vs Pacers (Tayshaun Prince block on Reggie Miller)
    2004 Pistons vs Nets(Chauncey halfcourt shot to force OT, the game goes to 3 OT'S.)
    2002 Nets vs Celtics (Celtics rally from like 22 down to defeat the Nets in Boston.)
    2000 Lakers vs Blazers (Game 7 Portland led by 15 going into the 4th quarter and LA came back to win.)
    2001 Lakers vs Blazers (Damn was this rivalry good, Robert Horry hits game winning 3)
    Reggie vs Knicks (Throughout his career...)

Finals
    2004 Game 5 Pistons vs Lakers (Pistons win the ship how could I not?)
    2000 Game 6 Lakers vs Pacers (Lakers win first ring, it was a intense game throughout with LA prevailing 116-111)

All-Star Game
    2001 All-Star Game (East comes from 21 down to win 110-109 Marbury hit two clutch threes)

13. -dagger

-dagger NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Well, I really only watch Raptor games since there's not much BBALL shown in Canada. The greastest games I saw live was:

RAPTORS VS. 76ERS PLAYOFFS GAME 1-7
    This was a GREAT series. Allen Iverson had 54 points in one game, then Vince Carter went for 50 in the game right after. This was when the Raptors were a very good ball tema. It went to all seven games and the last game was a THRILLER. It was a 1 point game and with 3(?) seconds left. Vince took the last shot and missed. We lost, but it was a great playoff series.

14. Karma

NYK vs. Raptors Game 5 of 2001 Playoffs: First Round

The Raptors win thier first ever (and so far only) series with clutchness from Alvin Williams and Vince Carter. Amazing game overall, and the atmosphere in the GTA at that time was just crazy. The sweet thing was that they (the Knicks) had swept us the year before, and on top of that, the Raptors were the underdogs coming into that game since they were trying to beat a veteran Knicks team in an elimination game on thier own floor.

15. thedude9990

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It was in '04 (the only year KG got past the first round), and he was a BEAST in that game 7. I think he had something like 37 points and 20 rebounds, or something along those lines.

Are you referring to the one where Reggie Miller went in and dunked it on the entire Nets team? I remember Miller hit a 35 foot bank shot to tie it in some playoff game as well, don't know if it was the same game as the one with his dunk.

.</div>

yup those are the ones im referring too the nets one, i remember it like it was 2 minutes ago lol, i was out and i came home and im like the games proabably over and i turn it on and miller is brining it up and hits the 3 im like no way.

16. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

The only game that comes to memory was Horry`s game winner against the Kings in 2002 WCF. I remember I was freaking out even though I hated the Lakers at the time.

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Regular Season
    2001 Bucks vs Knicks(nothing to special just Latrell Sprewell hit 8 threes in the 4th quarter, and Allen hit a buzzer beater that forced Overtime, then the game went on to 3 OT's)</div>
    I vaguely remember that game. Did Camby goaltend a 3-pointer?

18. elevate

elevate JBB JustBBall Member

damn man u guys makin me reminesce some GOOOD games in these lists for real man good lists guys

19. hustler

I agree, the Pistons vs Lakers 04 Finals were good. Everyone thought the Lakers were going to win it. But in the end, the Piston's team chemistry came through.

20. thedude9990

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I agree, the Pistons vs Lakers 04 Finals were good. Everyone thought the Lakers were going to win it. But in the end, the Piston's team chemistry came through.</div>

not true i won 50 bucks off that series [​IMG]