A couple of things to remember...

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by CohanHater, Apr 22, 2007.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    1st thing to look into if you haven't, Get a SlingBox. I was in Amsterdam for work this last week and was able to watch the games live (I had to wake up at 4AM local time, but I could've tivoed them and watched them later). Being able to watch the team destroy a depleted Dallas team and wrap up the season in Portland was a great thing.

2nd thing, This season will officially be a season that helped me make it through a tough time in my life. I grew up watching the bad seasons, and the good ones, and struggled through the last 12 years hoping to see just a glimpse of hope for the present.

On Thursday night, while I was stuck in Amsterdam, my grandmother passed away. Would you believe that having this team's success as a distraction helped get me through it? Sports have a great way of doing that, but considering the last 12 years, it's a special moment. I just made it back into the states and I have a lot to deal with, but Sunday night, for those couple of hours, I'll be able to forget about everything and watch the Warriors, in HD, do something I only have a vague recollection of, push the ball up the floor in the playoffs.

Whether they win, or lose, we all win. Those who have struggled through these years, the next generation of Warrior fans, the local transplants that get a taste of how passionate the Bay is about our Warriors... We all win. Go Warriors, put some doubt in Dallas' minds!

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I know exactly how you feel, though. The Warriors winning has kept me thinking about positive stuff alot.

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I have this huge crush on one of my school friends, and I told my friend that if the Warriors made the playoffs I would ask her out (I was custodian at the time thinking they weren't going to make it)... seems I have to now lol, go warriors!

If the Warriors can make the playoffs, I guess anything is possible.

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Good luck Anime... My advise to you, is act as if... As if you're already engaged to be married, cause that seems to be the moment every woman in the world starts hitting on you

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

AF likes girls? No way! [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about that CH. I hope the Warriors can win at least a series for you. I know what it's like losing a close relative.