Iannazzone on Fixing the Nets

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by NJNetz, May 22, 2007.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Al Iannazzone, writing in the Record, gives his year-end thought on the Nets, on who to sign, who to trade and where things stand with the roster. Noting how "Everything starts and ends with Vince Carter", Iannazzone says the Nets have to go big in their acquisitions and should be willing to shop Richard Jefferson to get there. He also reveals the team has the owner's permission to use both the MLE ($5.5 million) and the LLE ($1.8 million) this summer.</div>
    Source

2. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I agree with this because it all depends on what happens to Vince and possibly Kidd. If one leaves, so will the other, then we have to go through the rebuilding process. Or maybe we could trade Jefferson for some big man who can play in the post.

3. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

There are a lot of trade scenarios involving Kidd that could remake the Nets for years to come. The Mavs have been a hot rumor, but they don't have the kind of pieces I'd want were I New Jersey. They're probably dangling Devin Harris or Jason Terry, neither of whom are players I'd want in that situation.

4. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    what team wants jefferson? i know he is pretty good but it doesnt seem any teams have shown any interest in him at all. i dont think he deserves such a large contract for just a role player.

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think he deserves such a large contract for just a role player</div>

That's because he isn't.

6. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Kidd Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's because he isn't.</div>

Weren't you just saying he was a role player a few days ago?