Thread: Arizona lands '08 recruit Brandon Jennings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. TOP #26
    Kid Chocolate is developing a reputation

if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

he's the real deal, and has a side of flash to him, he's just a showman by nature, nothing wrong with that.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.

2. TOP #27
    o.iatlhawksfan is developing a reputation o.iatlhawksfan's Avatar ROFLMFAO!!!!

I remember in a AAU tournament, I got a chance to watch this dude, and the only thing he seemed concern about was trying to embaress the dude who was gaurding him, and when something didn't go his way, he'd cry his ass off.

3. TOP #28
    CelticBalla32 is developing a reputation CelticBalla32's Avatar Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY &#064; Mar 27 2008, 12&#58;44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

he's the real deal, and has a side of flash to him, he's just a showman by nature, nothing wrong with that.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.</div>

It's not the fact that he's a showmen. It's that he tries to combine a crossover, between the leg dribble, hop step, side-skip, and no-look pass into one play each time he gets his hands on the ball. He just seems "too street ball" for my liking.
    <-- credit to AiRuPtHeReā„¢
    <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:Green">GREEN 17!</span></span>

4. TOP #29
    Kid Chocolate is developing a reputation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 &#064; Mar 27 2008, 01&#58;53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY &#064; Mar 27 2008, 12&#58;44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

think of the showmen who have had success from cousy to pistol pete to earl the pearl to magic.</div>

It's not the fact that he's a showmen. It's that he tries to combine a crossover, between the leg dribble, hop step, side-skip, and no-look pass into one play each time he gets his hands on the ball. He just seems "too street ball" for my liking.
    </div>

methink it depends on his maturtiy level. he has the talent, but needs to balance the showman skills with actual basketball game at this point.

but are you only basing this off of the mcdonalds game, because it's pretty much a showcase game that means nothing to these kids from a basketball standpoint.

5. TOP #30
    pegs is developing a reputation pegs's Avatar My future wife.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I just want to say that Brandon's hair in that McDonald's game was the COOLEST.
    RIP KC. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisRodman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chocolate View Post
    ---part of quote I erased to remove context ----

"Wanna join my band where we pretend we are vampires? Let's play guitar."
    It is sad, I'm hoping KC abandons his ambitions for his vampire band and returns to S2 someday.
    Good luck with your vampire band of the living dead, KC.

6. TOP #31
    CelticBalla32 is developing a reputation CelticBalla32's Avatar Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY &#064; Mar 27 2008, 12&#58;55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 &#064; Mar 27 2008, 01&#58;53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY &#064; Mar 27 2008, 12&#58;44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just basing this off the mcdonalds game, relax.

</div>

methink it depends on his maturtiy level. he has the talent, but needs to balance the showman skills with actual basketball game at this point.

but are you only basing this off of the mcdonalds game, because it's pretty much a showcase game that means nothing to these kids from a basketball standpoint.
    </div>

I've seen other videos and 2 condensed game highlight films, just seems too "I'm gonna break his ankles here" on every possession. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure he'll learn to tone it down at the college level, but from the little that I've seen this is my observation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs &#064; Mar 27 2008, 12&#58;56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have nothing to contribute to this thread.

I just want to say that Brandon's hair in that McDonald's game was the COOLEST.</div>

I'll give him that. That was sick.
    <-- credit to AiRuPtHeReā„¢
    <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:Green">GREEN 17!</span></span>

7. TOP #32
    TucsonClip is developing a reputation TucsonClip's Avatar Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 &#064; Mar 26 2008, 10&#58;05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone else hate this kid's game? He is 100% about flash and looking good rather than actually being a point guard and/or playing the game of basketball. On every single touch, he dances with the ball and looks to wow the crowd with a dribble and/or throw a boneheaded no-look pass. He is a street ball player, not a basketball player. I'm pretty convinced that he'll average at least 14 turnovers per game next year in college.</div>

Its an All-Star game...

You dont get named National Player of the Year by three different publications without being good without the flash.
    Around the Pac-10 blog coming back in November!

Join the college basketball discussion

8. TOP #33
    Answer_AI03 is developing a reputation Answer_AI03's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

Plus hes going to have Lute Olsen coaching him. How can you go wrong
    And after all of this I am amazed, that I am cursed far more than I am praised

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information