Starting Lineup/Rotation?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Jul 16, 2007.

1. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

As of now we currently have....

Bigs: Dwight Howard, Tony Battie, Pat Garrity, Marcin Gortat, and possibly James Augustine

F's(can play SF and possibly PF): Rashard Lewis

SF: Hedo Turkoglu(could play PF in spurts)

Wings:(can play both wings) Trevor Ariza, Keith Bogans

SG: JJ Redick

G(can play both PG/SG): Keyon Dooling

PG: Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo

So as you see we have a very versatile lineup. Who would you like to see as the starting lineup? Feel free to post a rotation(people right off the bench).

I'll post mine later.

2. Riot

Riot JBB JustBBall Member

PG: Jameer/Dooling/Arroyo
    SG: Ariza/Redick/Bogans/Dooling
    SF: Rashard/Turkoglu/Bogans
    PF: Battie/Augustine/Gortat/Garrity
    C: Dwight/Gortat/Battie/Augustine

3. The Walrus

The Walrus JBB JustBBall Member

PG:Jameer
    SG:Reddick/Ariza
    SF:Hedo
    PF:Lewis/Battie
    C:Dwight

There's no reason those 5 guys can't start the same time. SVG can make it work.

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">The Walrus Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">PG:Jameer
    SG:Reddick/Ariza
    SF:Hedo
    PF:Lewis/Battie
    C:Dwight

There's no reason those 5 guys can't start the same time. SVG can make it work.</div>

Actually there is one reason, no defense. That's why we either need Ariza or Battie starting. Lewis at PF with Jameer/JJ/Hedo is a terrible defensive unit. I like the idea of starting Shard at PF, but we need either Dooling/Bogans/Ariza starting at PG/SG/SF.

5. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Riot Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">PG: Jameer/Dooling/Arroyo
    SG: Ariza/Redick/Bogans/Dooling
    SF: Rashard/Turkoglu/Bogans
    PF: Battie/Augustine/Gortat/Garrity
    C: Dwight/Gortat/Battie/Augustine</div>

I gotta go with the same lineup. Riot put it in exact words. This lineup probably suits us best.

6. TheHighness

TheHighness JBB JustBBall Member

Jameer/Armstrong(hoping)/Arroyo
    Ariza/JJ/Dooling
    Turk/Bogans
    Lewis/Battie
    Dwight/Gortat

7. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling
    Ariza/Redick/Bogans/Dooling
    Lewis/Hedo/Ariza
    Gotrat/Battie/Augustine
    Dwight/Battie

Garrity doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in a projected lineup.

8. TheHighness

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling
    Ariza/Redick/Bogans/Dooling
    Lewis/Hedo/Ariza
    Gotrat/Battie/Augustine
    Dwight/Battie

Garrity doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in a projected lineup.</div>

You really think Gortat should start over Battie? He hasn't even played an nba game yet, Battie isn't great but he is solid and brings a veteran presence. I think if he shows something early in the season then mabe give him a couple starts and see how he handles it but start him opening day............I wouldn't

9. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">TheHighness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You really think Gortat should start over Battie? He hasn't even played an nba game yet, Battie isn't great but he is solid and brings a veteran presence. I think if he shows something early in the season then mabe give him a couple starts and see how he handles it but start him opening day............I wouldn't</div>

Yeah I'm with you. Just because we signed him doesn't mean he'll start. If anything give it like 30 games or so. Then we'll see.

10. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">TheHighness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">You really think Gortat should start over Battie? He hasn't even played an nba game yet, Battie isn't great but he is solid and brings a veteran presence. I think if he shows something early in the season then mabe give him a couple starts and see how he handles it but start him opening day............I wouldn't</div>

Battie may be a veteran presence, but he is far from starter material. I'd also much rather see this guy placed into the heart of the fire to see how he takes it, and adapts to it. Also, I would much rather see him start, especially during pre-season games where it doesn't matter much anyway. Worst comes to worst, put him on the bench, and like you said, put Battie into the starting 5 until he becomes ready if ever.

11. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Battie may be a veteran presence, but he is far from starter material. I'd also much rather see this guy placed into the heart of the fire to see how he takes it, and adapts to it. Also, I would much rather see him start, especially during pre-season games where it doesn't matter much anyway. Worst comes to worst, put him on the bench, and like you said, put Battie into the starting 5 until he becomes ready if ever.</div>

No doubt he could start in preseason. But during the regular season?? The guy can't get thrown out to the lions man. Give him a backup job to play against the lesser talent and if he produces, he should earn a spot starting.

12. TheHighness

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Battie may be a veteran presence, but he is far from starter material. I'd also much rather see this guy placed into the heart of the fire to see how he takes it, and adapts to it. Also, I would much rather see him start, especially during pre-season games where it doesn't matter much anyway. Worst comes to worst, put him on the bench, and like you said, put Battie into the starting 5 until he becomes ready if ever.</div>

I agree with you that Battie isn't a starter but he is the best option we have right now. Gortat we know almost nothing about, how many times have you actually seen this guy play? He did ok in the summer league but it is just that...........the summer league. nowhere near the competition of the NBA to prove my point just look at Bo Outlaws numbers when he played in the summer league. I bet if you put Battie in the summer league he would probly average 20-10.