Team Canada Wants Magloire

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by NJNetz, Jul 27, 2007.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The coach of Team Canada wants Jamaal Magloire, along with Steve Nash and Samuel Dalembert, to play for the national team in the Americas Cup tournament next month. Leo Rautins has targeted the three in hopes of reviving his team's prospects for the Beijing Olympics. Magloire, a Toronto native, has been criticized in the past for not playing in international competition. Dalembert was born Haiti, but spent time in Canada prior to attending high school and college in New Jersey.</div>
    Source

2. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

How would this affect the Nets?

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How would this affect the Nets?</div>

In no way whatsoever, unless he gets hurt, which is a realistic possibility. Darius Songaila got hurt playing for Lithuania a year ago and missed a larged chunk of last season because of it. Pau Gasol also hurt himself playing for Spain, and the Grizzlies wound up with the worst record in the league as a result.

4. Legacy

Legacy Beast

He could also get really tired considering he isn't young anymore...

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He could also get really tired considering he isn't young anymore...</div>

Or stay fit. It can work both ways.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They've been trying to get him to play for the National Team for years, but he never seems to have much interest in it. It's a shame.

7. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Kidd Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Or stay fit. It can work both ways.</div>

That's another pro for being one the team. So many pros and cons. I just don't know what he should do anymore. [​IMG]

8. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

yea but he can stay fit by runing on a tredmill, weight lifting, hes loaded he can affoard a good trainer too.

9. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They've been trying to get him to play for the National Team for years, but he never seems to have much interest in it. It's a shame.</div>

Yeah, I read about this. It's understandable that some players choose to sit out, in order to, heal up etc. He really shows no effort though, so it's a bit disappointing.

10. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

All things considered, Canada should have a better national team than most. Imagine this lineup:

PG - Steve Nash
    SG - Denham Brown (UConn/Sonics/Overseas)
    SF - Carl English (Hawaii/NBDL)
    PF - Jamaal Magloire
    C - Samuel Dalembert

Bench: Juan Mendez (Niagra), Levon Kendall (Pitt), Olu Famutimi (Arkansas/Spurs), Andy Rautins (Syracuse)

They're not as deep as most teams, even if they can get all those guys to play, but their starting five would go toe to toe with any team outside of Team USA.

11. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

^That is a line-up that I would pay to watch. I Think we need Nash and Jamaal because they would bring Canadian basketball back from the dead. Like Chutney said, it is a shame he hasn't come to play sooner.