Bonds hits 756!!!

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by jason bourne, Aug 8, 2007.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Congrats to Barry Bonds and all the SF Giants and Bonds fans, but it's the good, bad and the ugly with the media reporting it.

The Good: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Good job Barry. I'm surprised Hank Aaron gave a congrats.

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

"the most hallowed record in sports". lol. They act as if a church has just been defiled or something.

What nobody seems to mention in these stories is this:

Barry Bonds is the greatest offensive force in the history of pro sports. It's a shame they forget to mention that.

4. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Barry is a beast.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Can this be moved to the private area? Frankly, I hate baseball, and this is a Warriors message board.

6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Ask and ye shall receive.

7. Custodianrules2

It's really a shame that Giants fans couldn't have their cake and eat it too. Barry Bonds hit the homer in front of the home crowd, but some Mets guy ended up getting the ball. It's okay though since whoever got it would have just treated it as if it was dropped money (millionaire dropped money). It's not like the guy who got the ball would ever keep it for sentimental reasons because they were a Bonds fan. They probably wouldn't even give it back to its rightful owner (Barry Bonds should get the ball IMO).

8. Custodianrules2

and also AlleyOop, let the sports writers talk. They probably the type that talk about global warming and add to the paranoia, without understanding the scientific fact of it. Meanwhile, there's other crap going on that they aren't even mentioning but they don't, lest they lose the whole point of their one sided arguments.

Let's face it, most of the league, fans, and writers have already decided what they think about Barry and it's not really that hidden whenever they mention "allegations". They aren't putting it objectively like Janny Hu by any means. And it's understandable, it's maybe akin to some of that ref controversy in the nba where fans started believing the ref fixing was true because of things they couldn't even believe while watching the games. The investigation was still ongoing at the time, but hey once its out there, we figure the Feds are most likely right when they are investigating.

Bonds might have had a little bit of steroid help on some home runs or hits, you never know. But the fact is the due can flat out hit and he had an all-around game. He is the most dominant power guy 1 versus 1. He has great anticipation for the ball and nothing rattles him much (the booing, the pressure of performing at the plate all by himself, the pitching/base runner situation). He was a clutch guy. He could play defense, he used to steal bases, and he changes the way the game is played because if you got runners on he'll advance them one way or another via hit, homer, or intentional walk. Pitchers fear the guy because he's got so many ways to hit the ball and he'll anticipate the pitch and still hit it. And then if he's on base, he used to be fast enough to get steals and huge leads off the bag.

Barry Bonds is on the down side because of health/age, but I think writers are picking on him even more because of how his career is changing and how he beat the hr record. The guy is old, but I think he could still resemble his best hitting years if he was just healthy enough to play almost every game. The guy can barely run now and he used to be so fast on base and on defense.

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It's really a shame that Giants fans couldn't have their cake and eat it too. Barry Bonds hit the homer in front of the home crowd, but some Mets guy ended up getting the ball. It's okay though since whoever got it would have just treated it as if it was dropped money (millionaire dropped money). It's not like the guy who got the ball would ever keep it for sentimental reasons because they were a Bonds fan. They probably wouldn't even give it back to its rightful owner (Barry Bonds should get the ball IMO).</div>

At first when I saw the police carting him off I thought it was a gray and blue Dodgers jersey and I couldn't believe he didn't get jumped but then he turned and I saw it was a Mets jersey so it was a bit more acceptable. I don't think the ball will be worth that much though with the steroid controversy, plus Bonds isn't done hitting homers. The last home run he hits will be the one thats worth the most.