Barbosa Breaks His Silence

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Shapecity, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa on Tuesday broke his silence after Brazil's disappointing performance in the Americas Olympic qualifying tournament.

Barbosa denied he was "unhappy or upset" during last week's competition in Las Vegas, instead saying he kept quiet in order to stay focused and give his best for Brazil.

"I never felt that way during the tournament, despite what many people said," Barbosa said. "I was just focused on our goal. My silence was not a sign of disapproval. It was just the way I found to give my best to the country that I love so much."

Brazil finished fourth in the FIBA Americas tournament and failed to earn one of two berths available for next year's Beijing Olympics. Only the United States and Argentina qualified.

"We worked hard to get it, but unfortunately we couldn't," Barbosa said shortly after arriving in Sao Paulo.

Barbosa and Brazil will have another chance in a 12-team world qualifying tournament next July that will determine the final three berths for Beijing.

"Now it's time to grab this last chance and do whatever possible to make our dream come true," Barbosa said. </div>

Source: Yahoo Sports