Cavs Woes

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by SportsTicker, Sep 22, 2007.

1. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=275696</p>

Pavlovic agent says he and Cavs so far apart no worth talking to the team; Varejao agent says if he has to accept qualifying offer he won't return after next year. </p>

Meanwhile, owner has to deny reports that he is in financial trouble because of subprime mess.</p>

</p>

2. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    Horrible.</p>

Wonder what King James thinks of all of this, good thing he has the opt out option in a few years. </p>

3. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GM3)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Horrible.</p>

Wonder what King James thinks of all of this, good thing he has the opt out option in a few years. </p>

</div> </p>

Nets brass were not unhappy that Jason Kidd played for Team USA--and thus with Lebron James--this summer. </p>

</p>

</p>

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NetIncome)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GM3)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Horrible.</p>

</div> </p>

Nets brass were not unhappy that Jason Kidd played for Team USA--and thus with Lebron James--this summer.</p></div>

</p>

damn...how do you know this?</p>

</p>

I don't see any problem with not re-signing Pavlovic, because he's so inconsistent. But to not re-sign Varajeo by now is a bit ridiculous.</p>

5. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I want Varajeo<font color="#dddddd">'s hair</font>

6. ly_yng

ly_yng Active Member

Robot Mailman
    How the hell are the Cavs in financial trouble with the league's most marketable player? That makes no sense.</p>

Seriously, what a poorly put together, poorly run team. It's really embarrassing that the league's best talent is wasting away on a mediocre roster with no financial flexibility.</p>

7. TheMann

TheMann Member

Why didnt the Nets ever make an offer to Varejao?? It kills me that teams think restricted free agents will automatically have contract offers matched by the current team. It's worth a try, and if they match so be it. But at least throw your hat in the ring, who knows maybe we couldve snagged him.

8. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheMann)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why didnt the Nets ever make an offer to Varejao?? It kills me that teams think restricted free agents will automatically have contract offers matched by the current team. It's worth a try, and if they match so be it. But at least throw your hat in the ring, who knows maybe we couldve snagged him.</div></p>

The Nets just don't have the money. We are over the cap and the only thing we could have offered him was the full MLE which the Cavs would match in an instant. Varajeo is looking for more than that anyway so its moot. </p>

</p>

</p>

9. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ly_yng)</div><div class='quotemain'>

How the hell are the Cavs in financial trouble with the league's most marketable player? That makes no sense.</p>

Seriously, what a poorly put together, poorly run team. It's really embarrassing that the league's best talent is wasting away on a mediocre roster with no financial flexibility. </p>

</div></p>

</p>

Their OWNER runs Quicken Loans. </p>

</p>

10. jarkid

jarkid Sean The Answer to Nets Big Men

It's a good thing, Heat and Cavs struggles in this summer, we have to beat them next season, and inluding Pistons.

11. bbwchingy0007

bbwchingy0007 BBW Member

From what I understand, Varejao wants something in the region of $7-9 million per year, which I just don't think he is worth, He can rebound, draw charges and hustle. Not a lot else. He is a good backuo guy, perhaps worth around the MLE but no more. It would be sad to see him go, but not as sad as seeing the Cavs overpay for yet another mediocre player.

12. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Cavs stayed quiet all summer, seemingly content with the Finals run. don't know how that will sit with Lebron. I think the Cavs were waiting this out to see if he'd get an offer Varejao liked and signed. Seems it has backfired, but things can change over the course of the season. Cavs also would be able to offer him the most money. I can see him getting a Milicic type offer next summer.</p>

13. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

I love Sasha Pavlovic's game."My offense is my defense."He really wasgreat for them in their run to the Finals.I like him a hell of a lot better than Larry Hughes.</p>

I wish we had him off our bench.</p>

14. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

Yea but Pavlovic, Hughes, Snow, Jones, Gibson are not championship caliber players, at least in terms of their rotation roles. Hughes should be a 6th man, Pavlovic the 4th wing off the bench, Snow, Jones, and Gibson are all backup PGs. The Cavs need to find a distributor and nope Bibby is not the answer there. Bibby needs the rock in his hands to succeed. I think they still need that Pippen to James' Jordan to win the ring, Hughes is not the answer given his myriad of injuries. They're going to need a either a 2nd wing or a high quality point guard. If Gooden's the Cavs 2nd best player their in a world of hurt. Z's days are numbered.</p>

15. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I love Sasha Pavlovic's game."My offense is my defense."He really wasgreat for them in their run to the Finals.I like him a hell of a lot better than Larry Hughes.</p>

I wish we had him off our bench.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

at times, Sasha made the dumbest and most ridiculous plays. i'm happier without him on this team.</p>

16. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

The funny thing is no other team is interested in these two because everyone but them knows their not worth the money.</p>

17. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Universe)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

The funny thing is no other team is interested in these two because everyone but them knows their not worth the money.</p>

</div></p>

Yea, not worth the money they want.</p>

</p>