Are you familiar with Chinese players?

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by dycben, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dycben

dycben DYC 1st team Reserves

I'm beginning to see lot of Chinese talent recently and to name a few: Sun Jihai of ManCity, LiTie of Sheffield (who was a member of Everton last season), Shao Jiayi of Energie Cottbus (german team) etc...

Anyhow theres a lot younger talent coming from China. You know that Manchester United younger called Dong Fangzhuo who plays for Antwerp FC (Don't know him? didn't think you did [​IMG]), well he is becoming an amazing striker so I've heard, his apparently scoring a bucket load of goals and is already rated the best shooter in Belgium second league (still impressive for a Chinese youngster). So yeah, given Chinas population and fast growth of football, I fully expect them to be the next Brazil sometime in the future.

2. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

I can't remember which but one of the Chinese players training with Bolton is a 6"9 striker. I really hope they sign him to see him in action.

If you didn't know, 6"9 is bigger then Peter Crouch. [​IMG]

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Sounds like china is gonna be a force to reckon with in the future. I have heard of Yang Changpeng and Zhou Liaotatraining with Bolton.

4. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Dong Fangzhou has been on the books at United for a while now but we couldn't sort a UK work permit for him so farmed him out to one of our feeder clubs in the form of Antwerp.

I've heard very good things about him, yes, and seen highlights of him playing and he looks like a real find.

China has been having a massive explosion in sports prospects recently. Most notable is basketball. I'm sure you've all heard of Yao Ming, the 7'5 centre for the Houston Rockets. Well, he's considereed the second most marketable player in the NBA after LeBron James (a once-per-generation athletic freak). China also have some other cracking ball players coming through but they're all 15-17 and cannot be drafted into the NBA until they are 18 and also, the CBA (Chinese Basketball Association) don't allow players to enter the NBA draft directly from the CBA league until they are 22.

<div class="quote_poster">b0o Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't remember which but one of the Chinese players training with Bolton is a 6"9 striker. I really hope they sign him to see him in action.

If you didn't know, 6"9 is bigger then Peter Crouch. [​IMG]</div>

Still smaller than me though. :rockon:

5. Riano

Riano DYC 1st team Reserves

There's also Zhi Zheng for Charlton Athletic... He's only 26, so he's still got a lot of time to work on his game.

6. Hellfire

Hellfire DYC Incompetent Fool

Ah yeah...that reminds me...

Who's that guy who's chinese and plays for PSV? He aint bad. But to me, China is excelling in many sports. Athletics as well. The world 60m hurdles champion was Chinese.

We had Michael Chang (i guess he's American by citizenship) in Tennis, tons of stuff.

7. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

Dong Fangzhou