Breaking News! Possible Trade!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by ballerz, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ballerz

ballerz JBB JustBBall Member

Trade being discussed between Portland and Houston Players Involved
    The main trade is Damon for Weatherspoon via www.hoopsworld.com, but the trade may go into more detail if the rockets want DA as the blazer would want a expiring contracts and Wesley for DA. [​IMG]

Houston Sending
    Clarence Weatherspoon
    David Wesley
    Vin Baker
    Moochie Norris
    Charlie Ward

Houston Receiving
    Damon Stodamire
    Derek Anderson
    Cap Relief ( This will give us a chance to sign a SF, To replace Tmac when hes tired. We could get Gerald Wallace.

This well be welcome to Houston, And regards that DA will be the next starting SG, At 6'5 he brings height to the position and can score and play some D [​IMG] . Stodamire will bring assist and a good 3pt punch at the pg spot. [​IMG]

2. TMacAttack

TMacAttack JBB JustBBall Member

That would be awesome we could really cut the fat and Weatherspoon's overprized contract i think its to good to be true.

3. KfrumHTOWN!

KfrumHTOWN! JBB JustBBall Member

that does sound too good to be true. we get a good PG and a quality SG and we give up.... basically nothing?!?! Amazing if true!

4. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

If this does happen, I'm wearing "CD is my daddy" shirt... However I don't think it'll happen though... Unless Portland's GM really is that dumb..

5. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

God I pray that this is true.........I'll be wearing the "CD is my daddy" shirt also

6. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

The Blazers are doing this for one reason and one reason only: Huge cap relief for next off-season. I'm not sure if Rockets fans would be comfortable paying a SG who's 31, injury prone, stats arn't good, and getting over 18 Million dollars for 2 years.

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

I had a feeling Houston would go after Damon with a sign and trade. This trade would be perfect for us. The only player we really used last season were Wesley and Spoon(barely).

8. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

wow i doubt that will happen but if it does great for houston

9. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Ya'll should start calling me the NASTRADAMOUS of justbball. I predicted the Stormile Swift pick. And just today I mentioned how great Derek Anderson would be. Roc4life............THE JUSTBBALL PROPHET.LOL

10. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Ya'll should start calling me the NASTRADAMOUS of justbball. I predicted the Stormile Swift pick. And just today I mentioned how great Derek Anderson would be. Roc4life............THE JUSTBBALL PROPHET.LOL</div>

What's so great about a SG who's 31, injury prone, doesn't even put up good stats anyways, and getting paid over 9 Million dollars for 2 more seasons?

11. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^we're also giving up a lot of our bad contracts.

12. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">What's so great about a SG who's 31, injury prone, doesn't even put up good stats anyways, and getting paid over 9 Million dollars for 2 more seasons?</div>
    I don't understand some of you. I think you're under the impression that if a player is 30 or older he's can't contribute. If that were true, then I guess Mutumbo wasn't even worth picking up. IF the trade is true, Derek Anderson is a great compliment to Tmac and Yao. You mention him being injuring prone, well he's coming to a team where he won't play too many minutes. He has everything this team needs, athletism, defense, scoring and experience. Damon Stoudamire is also a great pick up!!
    I was one of the few people who vouched for Swift before we got him, now it's all of sudden GREAT to have him. Can't wait2 see to how some of you FLIP FLOP IF we get Derek Anderson and Damon Stoudamire. [​IMG]

13. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't understand some of you. I think you're under the impression that if a player is 30 or older he's can't contribute. If that were true, then I guess Mutumbo wasn't even worth picking up. IF the trade is true, Derek Anderson is a great compliment to Tmac and Yao. You mention him being injuring prone, well he's coming to a team where he won't play too many minutes. He has everything this team needs, athletism, defense, scoring and experience. Damon Stoudamire is also a great pick up!!
    I was one of the few people who vouched for Swift before we got him, now it's all of sudden GREAT to have him. Can't wait2 see to how some of you FLIP FLOP IF we get Derek Anderson and Damon Stoudamire. [​IMG]</div>

I never said a player over 30 can't contribute. Lot's of players can contribute when they get over 30 years old, it's just a fact that players bodies break down little by little as they get older and they get slower. Anderson has been injury prone ever since he's been in the league. Doesn't need to play too many minutes? Isn't this guy going to be starting or at least be a 6th or 7th man? He's been getting injured whether he's been playing 30+ minutes or 25 minutes during his career and he should be averaging around those minutes anyways, so that doesn't matter.

14. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Yeah, I guess this is a good trade, but I won't put too much into it unless it becomes official. I don't like neither Stoudemire or Andersen but we pretty much gave up nothing for them so on paper it sounds pretty good. As I've said before, Mighty Mouse isn't a good playmaker and instead a shoot first point guard. Definitely doesn't fit into our needs. Andersen on the other hand, can be a cancer to the team, is injury prone like Bobcats said, and a bad decision maker on the court. They might even ending up hurting the team, that's all I want to say.

15. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

I think this is a faulty rumour.

A lot of people on different boards were quoting the Chronicle on this Trade, but when I went to another "credible" board, as most Rocket Fans already know of, they downplayed this rumour immediately, citing some guy made it up.

They would have to sign Damon to like an 8 million dollar contract. Take it for what you want, but I have never saw HoopsWorld as a credible source.

16. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

This is messed who really believes Portland would trade the former ROY for an overweight undersized pf, plus some bench warmers?

17. MizzMcGrady1

MizzMcGrady1 JBB JustBBall Member

If this rumor is true, then next season Houston will be a great team!!!!!!!!!

18. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I have never saw HoopsWorld as a credible source.</div>
    Yeah, I stopped believing in them after they said Bonzi Wells and a first round pick was coming here.

19. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

^Exactly what i am thinking. Unless i can hear this from a more reliable source, i amnt going to get hyped up.

This does seem like a good trade for both teams though. Portland could use this to make some big moves next offseason. I see this as more of a trade the rockets would pursue near the trade deadline though. In the middle of this offseason though, it doesnt seem very logical to be pursued.

20. TMacAttack

TMacAttack JBB JustBBall Member

What is the link to the article?