Chargers suck!

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by The Return of the Raider, Jan 22, 2004.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

This is for my friend Jon.

2. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Man, I keep waiting for "lightning" to strike.

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Yeah, where is he anyway? I guess we had no way to contact him... or did someone email him?

4. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2003)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, where is he anyway? I guess we had no way to contact him... or did someone email him?</div>

It really doesn't matter.

While you guys might get a kick out of the little Charger fan who posts pictures of a few Raider fans in defeat, all the Charger fans will go to bed every night thinking about a few undeniable truths:

The Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos, have been, are now, and always will be more sucessful than the San Diego Chargers. Count wins/losses, count Superbowls, count Pro Bowl players, and hell, even merchandise if you want to take it that far. Even with the monumental mutiny and meltdown by the Oakland Raiders last season, they were still racked higher than the Chargers in the overall tiebreaker (drafting behind the Chargers even with equal wins/losses). Pretty bleak if you're a Charger fan.

The Chargers used to play in LA when they came into the league. Al Davis was their head coach then. Since Davis has taken control of the Raiders, the Chargers have pretty much been the punching bag of the AFC West with very few exceptions (they had a nice team one year with Dan Fouts, but no Superbowl, and actually made it to a Superbowl back in 95 vs. the 9ers). Still, no trophy for them, and they only appear to be getting further away.

5. The Return of the Raider

Okay, I'll let it go. I haven't been talking as much smack lately and it felt good to get back into it. Last season was quite humbling for the Raider Nation.

Minus the Chargers, I really enjoy visiting San Diego. It's a beautiful city, with lots to do, and it's located 1) on the Pacific coast, and 2) right on the border of Mexico (which means that you can easily spend your weekends going down in Tijuana doing some of the things that you are forbidden to do up north). If you're ever down in SD, go check out an area called "The Gas Lamp District". There are many bars, restaurants, etc.