Game 4: Phoenix Suns @ San Antonio Spurs

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by ASUFan22, May 14, 2007.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Discuss. :dunno:

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

I told someone to make it in the last thread who the hell's in charge???Amare needs to stop being a bonehead and not foul so easily, that's a key, we need big men.

3. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

This is the big game of the series for both teams, as it will give San Antonio a 3-1 series lead if they win, that will be next to impossible for the Suns to climb back out of against San Antonio. This should be a great game. The Suns have to find a way to limit one of the big three, and make them score little. I think if they can do that, the rest of the Spurs are not going to score enough to make up the difference in my opinion. The easiest one to cut off to me, would be Manu, which can be done. When he gets the ball they need to cut off that left hand at all times or as much as possible. If they can cut that off, he will have a harder time. A thing I would do, is when he gets the ball on the baseline, I would trap him. He will be forced to pass out behind him for a lower percentage shot, as he won't be able to pass out in front of him due to the trap.

4. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ May 14 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is the big game of the series for both teams, as it will give San Antonio a 3-1 series lead if they win, that will be next to impossible for the Suns to climb back out of against San Antonio. This should be a great game. The Suns have to find a way to limit one of the big three, and make them score little. I think if they can do that, the rest of the Spurs are not going to score enough to make up the difference in my opinion. The easiest one to cut off to me, would be Manu, which can be done. When he gets the ball they need to cut off that left hand at all times or as much as possible. If they can cut that off, he will have a harder time. A thing I would do, is when he gets the ball on the baseline, I would trap him. He will be forced to pass out behind him for a lower percentage shot, as he won't be able to pass out in front of him due to the trap.</div>Uh, we cut off Manu well enough in Game 1 and Parker and Cuntcan screwed us. We have to stop 2 of the big 3 and keep our offense up.

5. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ May 14 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Uh, we cut off Manu well enough in Game 1 and Parker and Cuntcan screwed us. We have to stop 2 of the big 3 and keep our offense up.</div>That was a different set of circumstances. In game 1, Kurt Thomas didn't play alot, and you guys ended up having to double Duncan for longer stretchs of the game. Now the last two games you guys are playing Kurt Thomas, not doubling the same way and really only doubling once Duncan is making his move, instead of doubling him once he gets the ball. Without doubling, the rest of the team isn't getting the same looks they got in game one, and Finley isn't stepping up to score 19 points like in game one. So they only need to stop one of the big three, when they aren't doubling Duncan, because no one else is going to step up and score like that.In game three, it was mostly the big three doing the damage, and if Ginobili had the same game he had in game 1, the Spurs would have lost.

6. ASUFan22

45-40 Spurs at halftime. :no1: I'm worried. We need Amare to have a big 2nd half.

7. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ May 14 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That was a different set of circumstances. In game 1, Kurt Thomas didn't play alot, and you guys ended up having to double Duncan for longer stretchs of the game. Now the last two games you guys are playing Kurt Thomas, not doubling the same way and really only doubling once Duncan is making his move, instead of doubling him once he gets the ball. Without doubling, the rest of the team isn't getting the same looks they got in game one, and Finley isn't stepping up to score 19 points like in game one. So they only need to stop one of the big three, when they aren't doubling Duncan, because no one else is going to step up and score like that.</div>
    But at the same time, while Thomas has been doing a good job on Duncan, he's still gonna get his. In my opinion, you need to slow down 2 of the Big 3. Duncan just won't be stopped, he's just that dominant. Like Barkley said and like D'Antoni said, they need to find a solution to slow down Tony Parker (while at the same time, continue to make Duncan work for his shots, like they have been). When Parker turn on the jets, it's almost impossible for anybody to keep up with him. Parker has been slicing and dicing his way into the paint, and they haven't found an answer for him. That's the biggest key, IMO, more so it is to slow down Duncan (again, because it's just impossible to stop Tim Duncan).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Uh, we cut off Manu well enough in Game 1 and Parker and Cuntcan screwed us.</div>
    Oh don't be so naive. Spurs fans could easily counter that by saying Amare Stoudecryer.

8. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Spurs are playing great defense, Tony is playing well and so is Duncan....If they can keep this up, they have the series in the bag.

9. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ May 14 2007, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Spurs are playing great defense, Tony is playing well and so is Duncan....If they can keep this up, they have the series in the bag.</div>
    I wouldn't be too quick to say that, if I were you. If they lose this game, chances are they will not come back and miraculously beat San Antonio 3 times in a row, but it's far from a done deal no matter what happens tonight. Besides, it's a 5 point game with 24 minutes to go.

10. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 14 2007, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But at the same time, while Thomas has been doing a good job on Duncan, he's still gonna get his. In my opinion, you need to slow down 2 of the Big 3. Duncan just won't be stopped, he's just that dominant. Like Barkley said and like D'Antoni said, they need to find a solution to slow down Tony Parker (while at the same time, continue to make Duncan work for his shots, like they have been). When Parker turn on the jets, it's almost impossible for anybody to keep up with him. Parker has been slicing and dicing his way into the paint, and they haven't found an answer for him. That's the biggest key, IMO, more so it is to slow down Duncan (again, because it's just impossible to stop Tim Duncan).</div>While Duncan is still going to get his, and I have no doubt about that, if it's only Duncan and Parker scoring it will be much harder for the Spurs to win it. In both of the wins, Duncan and Parker got theirs, and that is going to continue to happen. Also in both wins, Finley stepped up in one to hit 19 points, and Manu stepped up to make 24 in the other game. If you cut down those points from those two, these are losses for the Spurs. I think they only need to cut off one of the big three, because I don't see the rest of the Spurs stepping up enough to make up for that one big three in this game, because they are not going to be as wide open as much.edit: So I'm wrong, the rest of the team is stepping up and really scoring today. I thought they could be able to control the rest of the team, minus Parker and Duncan. Finley, and Berry are hitting now, Ginobili is scoring. Great ball movement off of the drive from Manu, going to his left. These guys are really playing well.

11. ASUFan22

The Suns have really disappointed today. I expected much more from them in a must win. It's only an 8 point deficit with 12 minutes to go, but they are going to have to play much better to win this game.

12. ASUFan22

And the Suns make it close again. It's too bad the Spurs have been so hot offensively. I hope we can somehow pull this out.

13. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

Everytime the Suns get within two or three, the Spurs keep hitting clutch shots to extend the lead back to five or six points. Those are major shots, that have to be hit, and are a reason why this Spurs team is so good. They stay calm, weather storms well, and hit big shots to put bigger cushions with the lead.

14. ASUFan22

Oh lordy lord lord, don't let us down now. Come on Suns!

15. Opal

Opal Active Member

Wow Amare. What a pass by Nash though.

16. CelticBalla32

Steve Nash is unbelievable, the last 3 passes he has made have been incredible and HUGE. Phoenix just won't go away, San Antonio will need to make something crazy happen to win this one.

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe Ginobili missed that layup. Also, Horry didn't deserve that ejection. No way he should have sunk his elbow into him, but he didn't seriously mean to hurt him. He deserved a flagrant, not an ejection.

17. Opal

Opal Active Member

NASH MISSES!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!

18. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 14 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Steve Nash is unbelievable, the last 3 passes he has made have been incredible and HUGE. Phoenix just won't go away, San Antonio will need to make something crazy happen to win this one.EDIT: Wow, I can't believe Ginobili missed that layup. Also, Horry didn't deserve that ejection. No way he should have sunk his elbow into him, but he didn't seriously mean to hurt him. He deserved a flagrant, not an ejection.</div>Anytime you could seriously hurt the other team's best player you deserve the ejection. The Spurs have been going after Nash all series. He doesn't deserve a suspension though.

19. ASUFan22

Gotta say. Atta boy Raja going to defend your teammate!Break through game or just a lucky win, we'll see on Wednesday.

20. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Amare and Diaw are likely to be suspended next game. What a stupid decision to leave the bench. Great win by the suns though. Props to them.