Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by kramer_k, Feb 16, 2006.

1. kramer_k

kramer_k JBB JustBBall Member

no preview? [​IMG]

Anyways, I really think this is THE most important game for the Rockets to win, right before the break. If they lose it some nice momentum would be lost...

[​IMG]

2. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

We lost....we are down 8-19 in the 1st quarter with 5:30 left...All 8 points go to McGrady.

Bad start to bad finish. I have all my money on Phoenix.

3. igotask8board

OMG THEY KEEP LEAVING THEM OPEN ON THE PERIMETER.. Look for a season high for Kurt Thomas, Marion and Bell!

ERR THE ROCKETS ARE SO FRUSTRATING TO WATCH RIGHT NOW. Why can't JVG just adjust is defense for the Phoenix suns!

Good thing we have Alston.

4. Rockets_1

Rockets_1 JBB JustBBall Member

God, we're down by 30 points and it isn't even halftime yet.

5. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ JBB JustBBall Member

63-31 at the half.

Good grief. [​IMG]

6. kramer_k

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

well, it is Phoenix..
    so it seems the Rockets can't compete with the big guys..

7. NYCfinest123

NYCfinest123 JBB JustBBall Member

63-31 this is too ridiculous

8. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Maybe the Rockets aren't such a great fast-paced team afterall.

9. igotask8board

Can we say its safe to start losing games? We still have to play Phoenix 1 more time this season. They will crush us that game as well.

No way we will make the playoffs. If we keep pushing we will regret it. The last game of the season will be against SA, and lets say it came down to that. If SA was #1 seed (most likely to happen) they will do everything in their power to stop us and play the Lakers or NO.

Imagine how much that would hurt a Rockets fan. Missing it by the last game to SA. Ouch.

woa I have got to calm down. I am not gonna watch the second half just so I wont shoot myself...

10. kramer_k

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">Can we say its safe to start losing games? We still have to play Phoenix 1 more time this season. They will crush us that game as well.

No way we will make the playoffs. If we keep pushing we will regret it. The last game of the season will be against SA, and lets say it came down to that. If SA was #1 seed (most likely to happen) they will do everything in their power to stop us and play the Lakers or NO.

Imagine how much that would hurt a Rockets fan. Missing it by the last game to SA. Ouch.

woa I have got to calm down. I am not gonna watch the second half just so I wont shoot myself...</div>

agreed..

only if the Rockets can prove that they can beat Phoenix/San Antonio/Dallas/Detroit, then we will have a chance for the playoffs. if we play like today..I'd like to see a nice draft pick later.

11. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Man we sucked!!!. Im 100% sure we wont make playoffs this year... The only reason we are on a streak was bcoz we played sry teams excpet Clipps.. Rockets cant compete with good teams.. Yao only 3 damn shots.. He got Kurt Thomas on him... Give him the ball more. Howard only 1 shot.. Both yao and juqan got 0 points..and wesley also.. We got our @$$ kicked!..

12. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Umair15:</div><div class="quote_post">Man we sucked!!!. Im 100% sure we wont make playoffs this year... The only reason we are on a streak was bcoz we played sry teams excpet Clipps.. Rockets cant compete with good teams.. Yao only 3 damn shots.. He got Kurt Thomas on him... Give him the ball more. Howard only 1 shot.. Both yao and juqan got 0 points..and wesley also.. We got our @$$ kicked!..</div>

And the Clippers have lost to Chicago and Golden State in their last 3 games, so it's not like they were playing well.

13. perrypan

perrypan JBB JustBBall Member

Seems like Rockets still no match to those good teams like Detroit, San, and Suns. I just hope all Rocket players can stay healthy until this season ends, I don't expect anything more. Let's see if Rockets can get a good draft this yr. Also, Yao Ming should work harder. Physically and metally. I know every player has a bad game sometimes, but 6pts and 1 rebound at the end of third quater is outrageous for a player with max contract.

14. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

.................i actually got a laugh when i saw how suns hits 300% of their shots

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting perrypan:</div><div class="quote_post">Seems like Rockets still no match to those good teams like Detroit, San, and Suns. I just hope all Rocket players can stay healthy until this season ends, I don't expect anything more. Let's see if Rockets can get a good draft this yr. Also, Yao Ming should work harder. Physically and metally. I know every player has a bad game sometimes, but 6pts and 1 rebound at the end of third quater is outrageous for a player with max contract.</div>
    yao actually worked harder as u can c his improvements thruout the years and since his injury he has improved more.. 6pts 1reb..yao isn't outragous..its suns playing the pace in lightyear speed...they can score a basket with 22sec of shot clock still clicking....then rockets on the other end jus jacks up any shot n pretend they could score in 4 sec also....yao didnt even hv position for post plays yet and the ball was up for a rebound.

15. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

47-88!!!! This is too much to take. The Rockets seems to play defenseless and ofenseless on the other side. It would be an embarrassment for the All Star Game host if they continue to slide and shoot some more bricks. I already accept the loss but I hope it would be a more respectable one compared to the Bulls-Sixers game.

16. kramer_k

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting blueracer:</div><div class="quote_post">47-88!!!! This is too much to take. The Rockets seems to play defenseless and ofenseless on the other side. It would be an embarrassment for the All Star Game host if they continue to slide and shoot some more bricks. I already accept the loss but I hope it would be a more respectable one compared to the Bulls-Sixers game.</div>

looks like it could be a 50 point win for the suns...

17. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ JBB JustBBall Member

98-53 after 3/4. [​IMG]

18. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

mg....this is like nba live

19. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Down by 45 at the end the third. Worst margin of defeat in NBA history is 68 points. Hopefully, we don't break that record.

This is exactly the kind of team we should have played Chuck Hayes a lot of minutes.

20. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

The question is: why didn't I go to sleep at 4 AM before the match started? Oh no, wait, better question: why I'm still here, at 6 AM, with the Rockets down by 45 at the end of the third? [​IMG]