Goodbye Shannon Sharpe

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by kcgsc, Jun 23, 2004.

1. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I think the Broncos will be ok without Portis. Hearst, Anderson, or somebody will step up and get it done like always. I think it is true that any back can/does excell in that system.

I say the guy who's loss will be felt the worst is Shannon Sharpe. I have had many Sundays ruined by the loud-mouthed one. While I won't miss all the mismatch problems he always seemed to cause for us, I will miss the competition of seeing him out there on the field. Sorry to the Bronco fans for the loss of a great player.

Horray for my Chiefs who should be able to mop-up the division in his absense.

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

I always despised what Sharpe did to my team on many occasions. Even when he was playing for the Ravens. Remember that AFC Championship when Sharpe caught that short pass over the middle? He ran 90+ yards for the touchdown (on 3rd and long, when Baltimore was operating from inside their own 10). Is there any player that talked more trash than Sharpe? Anyway, I won't miss that guy, and I hope he never comes back to the NFL....just being honest. He's a great player though, and is almost guaranteed a place in the Hall of Fame.

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

He didn't terrorize the Steelers as much as he did the Raiders or Chiefs so I'm a little more indifferent to his retiring. I won't miss him because he annoying with his smack-talk, but then again it always fired us up and we played better when he did. Should be interesting to see how big the void will actually be that he leaves in Denver.

4. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

I am having a hard time coming up with a reponse for this one.

On one hand he is the best pass catching TE the NFL has ever seen and on the other, his trashing talking has been annoying from time to time.

But he was a Bronco who never failed to show up no matter how lousy the year or how lousy the team was going to be, and for that I am grateful for the 100% effort he always put on that football field.

Another plus, he was the one Bronco you could always count on to be in shape before camp started. Alot of present NFL players should follow this example being that this is their job you would think.

5. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I'm sure he's a guy that the fans mostly liked and the opposing fans loved to hate. He's that personality type. He was an ego-maniac and wasn't afraid to express that to the media, to the fans, or to the NFL. I'm sure he'll be missed, it just won't be by me.... [​IMG]