Grant: Chelsea Now Stronger Than Utd & Arsenal

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Jul 30, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Grant: Chelsea Now Stronger Than Utd & Arsenal

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant is backing his predecessor Luiz Felipe Scolari to succeed at Stamford Bridge, saying the Blues are now ‘better’ than Manchester United or Arsenal - while forward Salomon Kalou also reckons Scolari will bring glory to West London.

Avram Grant is tipping Luiz Felipe Scolari, the man who replaced him as Chelsea manager, to bring success to Stamford Bridge.

"In the last few months, there have been big changes at Chelsea," Grant told the Bangkok Post after delivering a lecture to Thailand Premier League representatives in Bangkok.

"I think they are now better than Manchester United or Arsenal. Scolari is a good coach and can bring success to Chelsea.

"Chelsea have a good chance of winning the Premier League."

Grant himself narrowly missed out on three trophies after being promoted to succeed Jose Mourinho last September. Chelsea were pipped by two points in the Premier League title race by Manchester United, who also beat the Blues in a penalty shoot-out after extra-time in the final of the Champions League, while Tottenham beat the Blues after extra-time in the Carling Cup final.

That record convinces Grant he is not a bad manager.

"When I took over Chelsea after Jose Mourinho was fired, the English press and some Chelsea players did not believe in my ability," he said.

"But I proved that to them in the last two or three months when Chelsea nearly won three competitions."

It was an exciting campaign with a disappointing outcome for Grant, who was sacked a few days after the Champions League defeat; but Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou believes Scolari will guide the Blues to the top honours.

Chelsea owner Roman Aramovich is hoping the Brazilian 2002 World Cup-winning coach will bring success withy attacking flair toi the West Londoners.

Chelsea have warmed up for the challenge by beating Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals 4-0 and Chengdu Blades 7-0 during their Asian tour, and Ivory Coast forward Kalou said of Scolari:

"I have a very good impression of him. He is a great trainer and I enjoy working with him and I believe we can do something big for Chelsea this year."

The Blues have moved on to Malaysia for their final game in Asia, while Kalou has joined up with the Ivory Coast Olympic team in Hong Kong in preparation for the Beijing Games

Kalou, 22, will miss the start of the Premier League season as a result, but is confident he will return to Stamford Bridge fully fit for the European club season.

"Playing competitive football will definitely help me for the new season as I am playing at a good level and I feel that when I arrive back in England I will be ready," Kalou said.

"The Olympics is something I have always wanted to play in.

"It is one of the biggest events of the year and if you see the names of players who are taking part you can see it is very important.

"I am starting to get used to the humidity now and I feel with some more training we will all be ready for the Olympics."</div>

2. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Ah! You have no job, so your say means nothing! NOTHING!

3. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Theyre new Action figure on sale. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]