Iverson Is The 04-05 NBA MVP...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

...If the MVP award was given based solely on numbers. [​IMG]

As far as statistic goes, Iverson is the clear-cut MVP. It's just unfortunate his team isn't doing so good. He has them flirting at the .500 mark, not even over .500 and he's among the MVP candidates. So, that just goes to show you what kind of season he is having. Just think if his team was at least in the second tier among the teams with the best record. I think we would have upper hand as the 04-05 NBA MVP. Well nonetheless, here is a look at Iverson "Inside The Numbers".... (His numbers are amazing; he's making his mark in NBA history and putting his name alongside the greatest players of All-Time).

<div align="center">Allen Iverson: Inside The Numbers</div>

His average right now are pretty much expected to stay the same for the remainder of the season, just maybe .1 percentage?s up and down, but nothing serious. I would just like to see him finish with 8 APG; he is just .2 percentages away from getting to the 8 APG average mark.

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

The MVP is what it should be (not solely on statistics) and other than putting up big numbers, Iversons presence hasn't reflected on his team very well. I mean by the wins. Despite him having a great season they are struggling to make it to the playoffs.

Let's say the 76ers finished the season 45-37 making it to the playoffs and getting homecourt advantage. Do you think Iverson gets it over Nash?

3. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I think the only hope of AI getting MVP is how deep they go in the playoffs. I just think nobody can really top Nash in the MVP votings. What he has done this season for the Suns and his career is just stupendous. But if Iverson makes some big noise in the postseason, he could with the award.

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

In my opinion Allen Iverson is the 04-05 NBA MVP. When you look at his numbers and what he does for the 76ers it's nothing short of amazing. The only thing that is keeping him from the MVP award is the sub par 76er record. If we were about 10 games over .500 then he'd have a way better chance of getting MVP.

Even if Allen doesn't get it I don't think Nash should get the award either. Although Nash is the best point guard in the game right now the success of the Phx Suns must be misleading because Nash has been playing on the same level in Dallas these past seasons but has never been a MVP candidate before; so why now?

5. numa1baller06

numa1baller06 JBB JustBBall Member

AI nor NASH will get it i think SHAQ will get the MVP award cs look at his team last year and compare it with the team NASH played last year with

6. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">In my opinion Allen Iverson is the 04-05 NBA MVP. When you look at his numbers and what he does for the 76ers it's nothing short of amazing. The only thing that is keeping him from the MVP award is the sub par 76er record. If we were about 10 games over .500 then he'd have a way better chance of getting MVP</div>
    Iverson has done many good things with the 76ers this season, but Nash has done greater things. He turned Amare Stoudemire into an MVP candidate, and has turned around the whole face of the Suns franchise! He turned a team that was 29-53 into a team of 54-17 and the season isn't even over! Sure there are other factors like acquiring Richardson, but that has not been the main reason for the turnaround. Iverson has put up good numbers, but Nash's 16.1 and 11.5 assists are no joke either. Also he has the opportunity of joining only 3 other players in NBA history (don't remember who they were except Bird) in the 50/40/90 shooting club. He has almost single handedly turn around a franchise overnight. Iverson's team is struggling to make the playoffs and the team plays well without him. I am almost sure Phoenix has never won without Nash this season. This shows his value to the team. Iverson is a deserving candidate, but I don't think he gets the nod over Steve Nash.

7. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Well based on just numbers, Iverson is the MVP. But this year's MVP is Shaq, you could even throw in Nash. Iverson would probably be my third choice though, so he's not that far ehind, but Nash and Shaq have done better thing with the team than Iverson. If the MVP award was only decided through just numbers than 2 years ago either KG or Kobe would have won it rather than Tim Duncan.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the only hope of AI getting MVP is how deep they go in the playoffs.</div>
    the MVP awards winner is usualy announced within the 1st or 2nd round so Iverson will not be able to show how far they'll go before the MVP is declared.

8. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The MVP is what it should be (not solely on statistics) and other than putting up big numbers</div>

Please tell me where I said the MVP should be given based solely on statistics?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Also he has the opportunity of joining only 3 other players in NBA history</div>

Iverson has the opportunity to join two players 2 other players in NBA History for the most scoring titles. And those players happen to be Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan both players which are arguably the best two players of All-Time.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Iverson's team is struggling to make the playoffs and the team plays well without him.</div>

Did you bother clicking the link that I posted? Well obviously you didn't, but tell me since when was 1-5(without Iverson) is considered "playing well".

Anyways, authentiq basically summed everything up. I never said Iverson should be MVP, the whole point of this post was really to show the different feats Iverson can achieve if he continues this type of play for the rest of the season. Yes, he's in contention for MVP but it's a longshot for him to get it over Nash and Shaq.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Please tell me where I said the MVP should be given based solely on statistics?</div>
    I never said you did say that. Please tell me where I said that. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Iverson has the opportunity to join two players 2 other players in NBA History for the most scoring titles. And those players happen to be Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan both players which are arguably the best two players of All-Time.</div>
    But his team is really struggling.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Did you bother clicking the link that I posted? Well obviously you didn't, but tell me since when was 1-5(without Iverson) is considered "playing well".

Anyways, authentiq basically summed everything up. I never said Iverson should be MVP, the whole point of this post was really to show the different feats Iverson can achieve if he continues this type of play for the rest of the season. Yes, he's in contention for MVP but it's a longshot for him to get it over Nash and Shaq.</div>
    Excuse me, I should have been more specific. I was talking about when they beat an elite western conference team in Dallas. I should have said played well without him. The Suns have not won without Nash. This shows his value to the team.

Anyways, I never said anything to nor about you. I just stated what my opinion of who the MVP was. If I was talking to you, I would have used the quote button. As you can see, I just stated my opinion and then replied to Silky Smooth.

10. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Excuse me, I should have been more specific. I was talking about when they beat an elite western conference team in Dallas. I should have said played well without him. The Suns have not won without Nash. This shows his value to the team.</div> That was one game though. Just because a team plays well one night doesn't mean they actually play better without their star, that doesn't make much sense. If the Heat can loose to the Bobcats then an Iverson-less Sixer team can beat the Mavs.

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't know, on numbers I'd give it to Garnett or Lebron, all Iverson has is the scoring numbers, and the assists, but he isn't really efficient in his scoring, and he doesn't grab boards or anything [he is a PG], but on numbers, those 2 are killing it.

12. Dizzyfool

Dizzyfool JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know, on numbers I'd give it to Garnett or Lebron, all Iverson has is the scoring numbers, and the assists, but he isn't really efficient in his scoring, and he doesn't grab boards or anything [he is a PG], but on numbers, those 2 are killing it.</div>

LeBron??? MVP?? Get out. Garnett I can take as a suggestion, but Lebron has done nowhere near enough to earn the MVP, he's so overrated. A very good player, but not an MVP candidate.

I think it will be close, but Iverson's big point scoring games should do it, provided the 76ers make the playoffs and perform reasonably in them.

13. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson is over-rated, and so is LeBron. If these two are contenders, than so is Kobe Bryant, who averages 28PPG, 6APG and 6RPG. The real contenders are Steve Nash & Emanual Ginobilli. KG is a possibility because the T-Wolves could make the playoff's and he has good numbers.

14. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Iverson is over-rated, and so is LeBron. If these two are contenders, than so is Kobe Bryant, who averages 28PPG, 6APG and 6RPG. The real contenders are Steve Nash & Emanual Ginobilli. KG is a possibility because the T-Wolves could make the playoff's and he has good numbers.</div>

LeBron overrated? [​IMG]

Are you serious? Look at his numbers for being in only his second season in the NBA. It's not even worth arguing, whether your joking or not.

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Silky Smooth:</div><div class="quote_post">That was one game though. Just because a team plays well one night doesn't mean they actually play better without their star, that doesn't make much sense. If the Heat can loose to the Bobcats then an Iverson-less Sixer team can beat the Mavs.</div>
    Didn't the Sixers play well without Iverson last season too?

16. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Didn't the Sixers play well without Iverson last season too?</div>
    No, they didn't. AI missed around 30 games and they had a dismal record compared to the rest of the seasons before when they actually made the playoffs.

17. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Didn't the Sixers play well without Iverson last season too?</div>
    Like Silky Smooth said, we didn't. The only reason everyone thinks they played better was we played better than everyone thought we would. Plus during the last few games of the season, the team really grouped together with Salmons, Green, Korver, Thomas, and Dalembert and had a couple of winning streaks.

18. Got DWade?

Got DWade? JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson = a candidate

Nash = MVP no doubt. Because nash has single-handedly turned his team into a contender. He's turned his whole team into All-Stars...

19. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CUSA Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron overrated? [​IMG]

Are you serious? Look at his numbers for being in only his second season in the NBA. It's not even worth arguing, whether your joking or not.</div>

Sorry but the hype created around him, "the next Michael Jordan." He has a high PPG because he takes the most shots out the team. An example of this is last week where he scored 40 points against some team. He took 40% of the Cavs shots and scored 40% of the points for the team. Seriously, if you believe that James is going to be the next Michael Jordan you got to be crazy. Stats don't mean much. He may be extremly good offensively, but his defence is mediocre. Defence wins championships. Detroit and LA are an example of this, although LA were as good offensively.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Dizzyfool:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron??? MVP?? Get out. Garnett I can take as a suggestion, but Lebron has done nowhere near enough to earn the MVP, he's so overrated. A very good player, but not an MVP candidate.

I think it will be close, but Iverson's big point scoring games should do it, provided the 76ers make the playoffs and perform reasonably in them.</div>
    If Iverson is an MVP candidate, then so would Lebron, his team is doing better, and it's not like he isn't producing the numbers. Again, like I said, going on numbers alone, I'd give it to Lebron or Garnett, if someone doesn't understand that statement, and replies Lebron? MVP?, I'll have to have a good laugh.