Miles switches to suit at halftime, gets sent home

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by mavsfan1000, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Miles switches to suit at halftime, gets sent homeAssociated PressPORTLAND, Ore. -- Forward Darius Miles was sent home early from the Portland Trail Blazers' Southern California road trip after changing into his street clothes at halftime of a game against the Clippers Wednesday night.Darius MilesSmall ForwardPortland Trail BlazersProfile2006 SEASON STATISTICSGM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%39 14.1 4.5 1.9 .457 .537The team did not characterize the move as a suspension, but it said unspecified disciplinary action was taken. The Blazers were at the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night.It was not yet known whether Miles would play Saturday night when the Blazers host Golden State at the Rose Garden.Miles did not play in the first half of the Blazers' 97-93 loss to the Clippers. He was seen on the bench in a suit for the second half. He did not have coach Nate McMillan's permission to change."I think there may have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication, but the player doesn't have the prerogative to make himself unavailable to play by changing out of his uniform into his street clothes," Portland general manager John Nash said.McMillan told The Oregonian newspaper that the plan was to use some of the younger players and save Miles for the game against the Lakers. But, he said, he told Miles to be in uniform and ready to play.Miles told the newspaper that after the first half, "I just put my clothes on, because I guess I wasn't going to play. [McMillan] made sure I wasn't going to play."http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2408844

2. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

Wow I never heard of this before. He probley got so agravated of not playing and losing he just wanted to quit. I dont know what swithcing clothes does but lol.

3. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Did this happen after he changed to street clothes at half time

4. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Apr 14 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did this happen after he changed to street clothes at half time</div>What being sent home?

5. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

What a doofus. Maybe he didn't want to get weed on his uniform..

6. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jkidd51524 @ Apr 14 2006, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What being sent home?</div>Yes

7. jkidd51524

I doubt they made him leave the arena during the game. Probley after. But im not sure.

8. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

lol my question was did they make him go home after the game he changed into street clothes.that would be my guess too

9. Sham

Sham BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jkidd51524 @ Apr 14 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt they made him leave the arena during the game. Probley after. But im not sure.</div>Yeah, that seems like the case. I think this is probably a much more stupid thing 2 do than what the guys who were involved in the brawl did. Also, the guys's FT % (53), which is absolutely ridiculous, shows that the guy is just fed up.

10. trans@lantic

trans@lantic BBW Member

see this is the kinda thing that gets me annoyed at certain professional athletes. If you get paid millions to play a sport (granted that there's more work involved than just playing) you should at least be expected to have something resembling a professional attitude and not act like a spoiled 8 year old brat.