Miles Told To Leave Club

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Drake Remoray, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Oregonian - Darius Miles was told on Thursday to leave the team and return to Portland by the club, just one day after he changed into his street clothes during halftime of Wednesday's game against the Clippers.

"We are not going to accept that type of behavior," coach Nate McMillan said.

GM John Nash said further disciplinary action was levied, but he refused to specify the penalty, and McMillan said harsher penalties could follow once he and Nash meet Saturday in Portland with team President Steve Patterson and Miles. McMillan said that as of Thursday, Miles had not been suspended.
    </div>

Source

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The sad part is Darius Miles probably prefers it this way.

3. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Why did he change during halftime against the Clippers?

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

It's funny to me that Blazer management traded away guys like Sheed and Bonzi because of their behavior, but then gave huge contracts to guys like Darius and Z-Bo. Both of those guys are less talented but bring the same issues that the 2000-2003 Blazers did. Ridiculous.

5. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Jesus Darius how immiture of him to give up on his team and on himself.

6. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

This is pretty mch it for Darius and the Blazers it looks like

7. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Why did he change during halftime against the Clippers?</div>
    I'm guessing because he didn't get into the game in the first half or only wants to start the game. Don't get to watch Blazers games, but I'm guessing it's one of those. But, in the article it said he didn't play in the first half.

8. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Nate Mcmillan is the best guy to coach this team. He doesnt take that kind of crap. He can really mold telfair into something good.

9. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Miles is gone this offseason, I can see it now.

10. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    So which team do you guys think he'll go to, or better, which teams are going to want to sign him?

I would say the Knicks because Isiah hasnt got a clue.
    IMO he would fit will within the Magic or Bobcats.

11. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Darius Miles is the perfect example of talent without discipline guys like him should not be in the NBA I don’t care how much athletic ability they have. Miles has no respect for authority, and every time you think he is starting to learn his lesson he comes out with something like this. I will admit I thought that maybe he could be changed last off season when he was a free agent, but apparently that is not so. Guys like him, Owens, Tim Thomas, etc. should all start their own agency “I’m Full of Myself Incorporated”.

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">IMO he would fit will within the Magic or Bobcats.</div>
    Actually, the Bobcats only take hardworking guys and are a no nonsense type of team. Miles is the opposite of that.

13. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, the Bobcats only take hardworking guys and are a no nonsense type of team. Miles is the opposite of that.</div>

thats true, didnt think of that, but ignoring his persona he would be a good fit game wise

14. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AKIRA:</div><div class="quote_post">thats true, didnt think of that, but ignoring his persona he would be a good fit game wise</div>

We got Gerald Wallace who is 10x better, and works a 100x harder. Bernie Bickerstaff wouldn't touch Miles with a 10 foot pole.

15. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">Nate Mcmillan is the best guy to coach this team. He doesnt take that kind of crap. </div>

He took a lot of crap from Zach Randolph over the season, and up until this week the only punishment was that he didn't start the odd game, instead coming off the bench within 30 seconds.

Talk about being slapped with a feather.