Official Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Dan Le, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

<div align="center">[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <font color=""Blue""><font size=""4"">Detroit Pistons</font></font>

Houston Rockets: 3-5
    Detroit Pistons: 7-0

[​IMG]

Houston Rockets Coach
    [​IMG]
    (Jeff Van Gundy)

Detroit Pistons Coach
    [​IMG]
    (Flip Saunders)

[​IMG]

<font color=""Blue""><font size=""3"">Detroit Pistons</font></font>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

C – Ben Wallace
    PF – Rasheed Wallace
    SF – Tayshaun Prince
    SG – Rip Hamilton
    PG – Chauncey Billups

<font color=""Red""><font size=""3"">Houston Rockets</font></font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

C - Yao Ming
    PF – Juwan Howard
    SF – Tracy Mcgrady
    SG - Derek Anderson
    PG – Rafer Alston

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 Points, after a huge comeback in the 4th quarter, 6 points is all the Spurs need to hand us our 5th loss and their 7th win, we face the Detroit Pistons who are 7-0 under new coach Flip Saunders (Larry who?), known for their defence but in recent games, they’re offense has been incredible, scoring an average of 102.7 points a game and only giving up 89.4, for those who can’t be bothered working it that means they win by an average of 13.3 points, not to mention they also out rebound the other team by an average of a little over 6 rebounds and get about 5 more assists, yes we’re dealing with a power house….

Ben Wallace, arguably the best defensive player in the league, so intimidating he’d make you pull up for a 20ft jumpshot instead of lay it in on a fast break (Wouldn’t bother Jon Barry too much though). The other 4 players can all shoot the three ball with ease, if anyone… I think it’s going to be Rasheed who burns us on offensive, although both Hamilton & Chauncey have been great on offense, with a combined average of 41 points per game.

Now onto our team, although Juwan Howard had a poor shooting game against the Spurs, it looks like he’s found his shot, Wesley still appears to be struggling whereas Luther Head is thriving, he scored 11 points grabbed 1 board,1 assists and 1 steal in only 19 minutes of play and every game Stromile Swift appears to be getting more comfortable with our system of play…

The only way I think we can win is if Yao has a huge game, I think he’ll be the leading scorer in this game, but really, he’s the only one with any kind of advantage over any of the Detroit players, and that obviously is height, if he can nail those turn around jumpers over Ben, we may have a game in our hands, most games we’ll rely on T-Mac but with Tayshaun guarding him and also the fact that he’s not 100%, I don’t think he’ll make a huge impact, but hey…I hope I’m wrong…

One more thing, although the whole team shot poorly in our last game (little less then 39%) you have to remember that we were playing the defending NBA champions, but that doesn’t take away the fact that we’re going to be in trouble against Detroit, call me pessimistic but I think I’m just stating facts.
    </div>

2. back-on-track

back-on-track JBB JustBBall Member

Good job Dan, it's a nice analysis. If only Rox would do a job close good to, if cannot be anticipated to do as good as, you did.

3. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting back-on-track:</div><div class="quote_post">Good job Dan, it's a nice analysis. If only Rox would do a job close good to, if cannot be anticipated to do as good as, you did.</div>

ya i no... we;re goign to lose by 5-8 most likely... i'm tired of jeff van guny ideas of playing wrong players..... why in the world would not give the ball to yao as a first option when t-macs not their? he could be getting the ball and use his moves and shoot.. (ya i no he misses but its bettter than giving the ball to da or dw.................)

4. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tr@cy&ya0:</div><div class="quote_post">ya i no... we;re goign to lose by 5-8 most likely... i'm tired of jeff van guny ideas of playing wrong players..... why in the world would not give the ball to yao as a first option when t-macs not their? he could be getting the ball and use his moves and shoot.. (ya i no he misses but its bettter than giving the ball to da or dw.................)</div>

I sort of agree with you there, I mean at times when i'm following the games I think "Why aren't they giving it to Yao" but alot of the times Derek or Wesley are open, and they should shoot if they're open...but if they miss enough of these open shots, they should be taken off, which is just common sense, but it seems to me as if it hasn't been happening lately, but i'm not criticizing JVG, there's a reason he's our head coach, he knows what he's doing...

5. 42...

42... JBB JustBBall Member

I think JVG should play around with the starting lineups a bit. I noe everyone would luv to see Head start. He deserves it too. Might even think about giving Stro his first start. I noe he hasnt looked great but Howard looked beat in yesterday's game. Stro mite hav a better chance against the Wallaces.

6. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Dude, we are going to get our asses handed to us 2nite.

Detroit wins it 98-74.

Yao should have a good night against Ben though.

7. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, we are going to get our asses handed to us 2nite.

Detroit wins it 98-74.

Yao should have a good night against Ben though.</div>

ya he'll probably score 20 in the first half, then just stop scoring after that.

8. devin

devin JBB JustBBall Member

I think we will win tonight. Detriot is not a great road team, and the longer their the winning streak, the harder it is to keep it.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

So a team that is 4-0 on the road this season is not a good road team? hmmmm, OK

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    The Rockets are in a slump, while the Pistons are unbeaten in seven games and are playing the best out of any team in the league. The odds are against the Rockets, that's for sure.

That being said, I won't expect the Rockets to be blown out at home, and we still have a chance of winning if Van Gundy decides to shift up the starting rotations a bit, surprising the Pistons. Something like starting Head at point guard or making Jon Barry first guard off the bench might do some wonders.

Expect both Yao and McGrady to have bad nights; Prince and Ben Wallace are just too good a defender to let anyone shoot more than 50% on them.

11. devin

devin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">So a team that is 4-0 on the road this season is not a good road team? hmmmm, OK</div>

Hey its only the start of the season and they didn't face any tough teams on the road. When they have like a 25-7 record then i'll say they are a great road team. Remember last year their road trips overall was mediocre.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting devin:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey its only the start of the season and they didn't face any tough teams on the road. When they have like a 25-7 record then i'll say they are a great road team. Remember last year their road trips overall was mediocre.</div>

Last season the Pistons had plenty of problems from injuries to suspensions to Larry Brown's attuide and leaving. OPlus the fact the Pistons were the team everybody wanted to beat as they were the defending champions. The Pistons are a better team than a year ago and the new style offense has alot to do with that. Fact is the Pistons won on the road when It mattered which was the playoffs. Making a judgement on last year is pointless as thats exactly what It was...LAST YEAR.

13. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Last season the Pistons had plenty of problems from injuries to suspensions to Larry Brown's attuide and leaving. OPlus the fact the Pistons were the team everybody wanted to beat as they were the defending champions. The Pistons are a better team than a year ago and the new style offense has alot to do with that. Fact is the Pistons won on the road when It mattered which was the playoffs. Making a judgement on last year is pointless as thats exactly what It was...LAST YEAR.</div>

that is all true buyt your forgot about flip... flip is a better coach for detroit.. larry is a good coach and all but during the final he was trying to find another job which is pretty stupid... flip also wanted more offense since he knew any one of their starting lineup can have at least 20 points....

VAn gundy has to change his style of decisions for the team.. i mean if wesley is in a shooting slump do u still play him for 30 MINUTES LONG and play luther who is ON FIRE for like only 10??? And then if wesley and anderson can';t make the open shot shouldn't u put it barry or the other "3" point shooters we have??? WEsley misses 3 shots in a row he still plays him.... jeff praises wesley... t-mac didn;t play at all at the 4th quarter against celtics maybe because he air balled a 3 and paul did too and they SHARED A LAUGH... i wonder what they do in practice...

PS i'm, not critizing wesley or anderson, its just jeff... i respect him and all but he has to start change for the better of the team not wesley.. this is random and all but barrys oldest son goes to my brothers school [​IMG]

14. moeinhouston

moeinhouston JBB JustBBall Member

To all the ROCKET fans, unless Detroit comes out and lays an egg, we should be treated to the best team chemistry in the NBA, something the Rockets have yet to even scratch the surface of. Plus Detroit has the best starting five in the league to go along with their great chem.

It may take 20-25 games for the Rockets to develop into some kind of cohesive unit, and until then if it is not a defensive grind it out game its gonna be difficult to get a win.

15. drunkenbarden

drunkenbarden JBB JustBBall Member

i think t-mac will have a big game and so will yao, we all know what t-mac can do against the pistons.
    Rockets take it 91-87

16. perrypan

perrypan JBB JustBBall Member

I am a rockets fan, but I don't have courage to watch this game. We all know the result already... : (

17. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

Bowen and Wesley in the stating 5...

18. market

market JBB JustBBall Member

wesley is playing badly!

19. DaRocket

DaRocket JBB JustBBall Member

Rudy-T in good shape will probably be the best news for tonight. I miss him.

20. market

market JBB JustBBall Member

1ST half,Yao 12 pts,5rebs,1 ast 1blk 4 turnovers.
    t-m 4pts 10rebs 3ast