Positional Rankings: Small Forwards: TMAC #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by magnetik, Sep 13, 2005.

1. magnetik

magnetik JBB JustBBall Member

Source

1. Tracy McGrady, Houston: Not that the top 10 names on this list aren't all uniquely blessed, but T-Mac is currently the most gifted and developed of the group. This is a guy who can drain 40-foot jumpers like water, get to the rim at will and finish at his whim. He has been doing all that over the past few seasons, but last year, becoming the leader of the Rockets under demanding Jeff Van Gundy, he grew into a complete player. For maybe the first time in his career, he cut no corners on defense, which wasn't hard to notice when he frustrated Dirk Nowitzki into poor outing after poor outing in the first round of the playoffs. Yes, he's failed to win a series, with his teams blowing substantial leads in his past two appearances, but to point the finger at him is not only short-sighted, it's far-fetched. Expect him to help push Yao Ming into the next stage of his development while guiding the Rockets to heights that haven't been reached since the days of "Dream." Houston is his town now, and he represents it well.

2. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

T-Mac is the best SF in the league, he is extremely gifted and can do whatever he wants on the court. Finally, Im not the only one who doesn't think Lebron is best SF. And I respect Marion and all but Marion in front of Pierce?

3. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

no complaint here! [​IMG]

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Lebron is the best SF in the league............to everybody under 15. Anybody knows Tmac is the best SF in the league. I wouldn't pick a wing player over him besides Kobe. The guy is awesome.

5. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

I agree that TMac is better than Lebron also......James still has a lot of potential, but TMac is just on another level than Bron bron.

6. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

*flame suit on*
    [​IMG]

I have to say that LeBron is better than T Mac. He's a better playmaker and rebounder than T Mac; not by much, but a little bit. I'd take him over T Mac. However, it's sorta like splitting hairs; they're both so good, it's like 1a and 1b.

7. The Dream

They're both great playmakers...but I take TMac over Lebron, because he's a better player on the offensive end.....Lebron can't just bring the ball up court look at someone dead in the eye and hit a 30 footer.....the only person on Tmac's level at his position (sg/sf) is Kobe.

8. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

all i can say is finally some site got these rankings right.
    the only change i would make is move teshaun prince a little higher, grant hill above richard jefforson and take antoine wlaker out b/c hes more of a PF

9. Egyptian

Egyptian JBB JustBBall Member

I most definitley agree with these rankings. They really should have mentioned that in the one game where LeBron played against T-Mac this year (not counting the one where he got the elbow of death) T-Mac SHUT HIM DOWN...Not true on LeBron's side of things...

10. devin

devin JBB JustBBall Member

T-Mac is better because he has better defensive skills (thanks to coach Jeff Van Gundy. That's why he basically shut down Dirk in the playoffs...) and he has better long range shooting.

11. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

TMac is easisly the top SF in the league. I think lebron is bound to take that from him in some years, but right now tmac is better than lebron. Its close, but TMac just has much better D, something lebron hasnt really proven.

12. drunkenbarden

drunkenbarden JBB JustBBall Member

1.T-mac
    2.Lebron
    3.Vince

13. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Lebron has the better stats and has better passing and rebounding skills, but it's not like TMac averages one assist and three rebounds per 40 minutes. He had numbers of 25/6/6 last year, numbers which, for a small forward, are very outstanding. Marion might be the best rebounding small forward, but he does not average as many assists. TMac is already a phenomenal playmaker and his defensive game has stepped up. He is all-rounded. Lebron will be the better player in 3 years I'd say, but until he develops that long range shooting ability and plays with more craftiness, McGrady will be better.

14. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Schaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">*flame suit on*
    [​IMG]

I have to say that LeBron is better than T Mac. He's a better playmaker and rebounder than T Mac; not by much, but a little bit. I'd take him over T Mac. However, it's sorta like splitting hairs; they're both so good, it's like 1a and 1b.</div>

I respect your opinion schaddy, but even at this point TMac has the edge because he is a BEAST in the playoffs...we have yet to see lebron on the playoff stage so I think the #1 spot rightly belongs to TMac until we see what Lebron can do in May...

15. TMacAttack

TMacAttack JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I have to say that LeBron is better than T Mac. He's a better playmaker and rebounder than T Mac; not by much, but a little bit. I'd take him over T Mac. However, it's sorta like splitting hairs; they're both so good, it's like 1a and 1b.
    </div>
    Maybe LeBron is better stat wise, but he has not proven he can win.
    Also I have seen David Wesley shutdown Lebron...Never have I seen Wesley do that to TMac.

16. The Dream

Honestly offensively Lebron doesn't have the tools that tmac has....he doesn't have the fadeaway jumper,he doesn't have the spot up on you from 30 ft out and nail it in your face..........Trip said it best, Lebron has to work on the craft of his offensive game, before he can surpass TMac and Kobe.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

Lebron is a better playmaker, and a slightly better rebounder, Tmac is a better scorer and defender. Their's really no surprise here, Tmac is obviously the best SF in the league, with Lebron second, and Artest third.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Honestly offensively Lebron doesn't have the tools that tmac has....he doesn't have the fadeaway jumper,he doesn't have the spot up on you from 30 ft out and nail it in your face..........Trip said it best, Lebron has to work on the craft of his offensive game, before he can surpass TMac and Kobe.</div>
    ....or Lebron could just work on his defense, leadership, and continuing to develop his all-round game, I think that is more important than just his craftiness in scoring. Tmac and Kobe are better scorers than Duncan, but not better players.

18. The Dream

^^^of course he can work on everything else, but his biggest weakness is his shooting....that's why I brought up the offensive craftiness.

19. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Tracy mcgrady is the best SF. Everyone before the season started questioned whether he can lead a team to the playoffs or win. He proved them wrong

He is going to silence them again when he takes houston past the first round.

all tmac had around him was yao ming

lebron had z and gooden and in a conference where teams 2 games above .500 is in playoffs
    if he still cant make it then he isn't better than tmac
    i understand gooden is incosistent but hes a machine on the boards

20. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Where's VC unless he counts as a SG? T Mac is the best, Lebron just isn't as polished of a player and T Mac is more versatile IMO.