Rockets sign McGrady to multiyear extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by P.A.P., Nov 1, 2004.

1. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets signed two-time NBA scoring champion Tracy McGrady to a multiyear contract extension on Monday. Terms of the deal were not released.

Before being traded to the Rockets from Orlando in June, McGrady had vowed to exercise the opt-out clause in his contract, which had three years remaining. The clause was to go into effect after this season.

"I'm pretty happy about that. It's one thing I can get off my mind," McGrady told Houston television station KRIV.

Rockets owner Les Alexander said in a statement that team officials now would direct their efforts on All-Star center Yao Ming.

"We hope to sign him to a long-term contract as soon as allowable," he said.</div>

Souce

Real surprise to me. I wasn't expecting this. I thought McGrady wanted to see how the season would go first then make up his mind. Looks like training camp and Pre-season helped make his decision quicker and easier. Next up: Yao...that's gonna be a while though.