Starters Seem to Be Making The Most of Their Minutes

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The only way to gauge success or failure in the preseason is to examine how a team is performing in the first and third quarters, because that is when teams typically match their starters against one another.

So far, the Wizards have been sharp. Washington has outscored its opponents (Toronto, Chicago and Cleveland) by 14 points in the first and third quarters and generally controlled the action.

One key is that guard DeShawn Stevenson, who has made 7 of 9 shots while playing excellent defense, has smoothly blended in with returning starters Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison and Brendan Haywood.

Coach Eddie Jordan has been particularly pleased with his starters' defensive approach.

"I see them communicating, I see them helping out on screens, protecting the rim, just doing a lot of things we've emphasized in practice," he said. "Our starters have played very well."</div>

Link

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

This is very promising news. I'm happy to hear that Deshawn is playing good defense, and just playing his role.