Wade on Nowitzki

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Pgballer17, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Pgballer17

Pgballer17 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CLEVELAND ? Dwyane Wade has plenty of evidence to back his status as a clutch player, and he's not afraid to take a big shot.

That holds off the court, as well. Take his disdain for Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, for example: "Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said Thursday. "But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."</div>

There's no reason for Wade to do this.

2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

LMAO......hey it might be harsh, but it's the truth.......I've been saying it for years, Dirk is a soft boy when it comes to playing in the clutch....I've seen both Tmac and Wade outperform him on big playoff stages when it comes to being the "guy"

EDIT

Honestly, man for man Dallas was clearly a better team than Miami, BUT Miami had Wade and Dallas has Dirk...........Wade > Dirk

3. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

I would also be aggravated and reply if someone I outplayed to win a championship is still trying to discredit what I've accomplished.

The Dream said it best Wade > Dirk.

4. The Dream

hey it's a competitive sport...."ain't nothing wrong with a little trash talking"

5. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO......hey it might be harsh, but it's the truth.......I've been saying it for years, Dirk is a soft boy when it comes to playing in the clutch....I've seen both Tmac and Wade outperform him on big playoff stages when it comes to being the "guy"

EDIT

Honestly, man for man Dallas was clearly a better team than Miami, BUT Miami had Wade and Dallas has Dirk...........Wade > Dirk</div>

sorry but........ Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>> Wadw

6. The Dream

how do you figure that after watching the finals last year?

Wade is so much more versatile on the offensive end...and MUCH more clutch.

7. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

<div class="quote_poster">AirJordan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">sorry but........ Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>> Wadw</div>

Thats strange, I thought Wade led his team to a championship against......damn, who was it....O YA! Dallas. [​IMG]

8. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Dirk said something, and Wade said something back so I believe it was nessecary. Complain all you want Dirk, your still ringless.

9. The Dream

Dirk is actually the biggest question mark I have for Dallas, because we all know they're talented, but if it comes to a close game down the stretch in a 7 game series....would you take Dirk > Kobe, Duncan, Nash, Tmac, Wade, etc?.....personally my answer to that would be no.

10. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Ain't that the truth. I've never had faith in Dirk carrying a team to a championship. Dirk is an overrated superstar who doesn't put the extra effort needed to get a team over the hump and when the going gets tough, blames the opponents and teammates rather than himself. If the Mavs had KG or Duncan instead of Dirk, they would have had 2-3 championships by now.

11. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

12. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">dallasdude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ain't that the truth. I've never had faith in Dirk carrying a team to a championship. Dirk is an overrated superstar who doesn't put the extra effort needed to get a team over the hump and when the going gets tough, blames the opponents and teammates rather than himself. If the Mavs had KG or Duncan instead of Dirk, they would have had 2-3 championships by now.</div>

Great assessment. Dirk is very good but ultimately doesn't get it done and carry his team like Wade, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, etc. Its not very hard to rattle him as Riley proved in the Finals, all it took was a couple of hard fouls and he can't get into a rhythm, and when hes not scoring hes more of a detriment to the Mavs' than a help (which is another difference between him and other superstars).

13. The Dream

I can't wait for Dirk to come to toyota center...I'm going to blow that quote up and post it on a poster board and go down to the front row and heckle him about it while Dallas is shooting around...haha.

14. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Dirk has made some big shots, but not when they're MOST needed.

Nowitzki could be the regular season's MVP, but not the player who will give his team a title.
    But we never now, maybe we have to eat our words after this year's postseason. (Which I doubt).

15. The Dream

the only big game playoff shot I recall from Dirk was against S.A. last year and even then he needed help from a stupid foul from Manu to get the job done......

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't wait for Dirk to come to toyota center...I'm going to blow that quote up and post it on a poster board and go down to the front row and heckle him about it while Dallas is shooting around...haha.</div>

Yeah motivation to Dirk is a wise idea. Will likely drop 30+ on your team.

Since we are talking about the past can I brag about the Pistons winning the title on 04?

Fact is Miami came out of no where last year and played well at the right time and had that experience to win it all. It was just their year. They obviously had some help but that doesn't just decide a series. Miami beat Dallas last year along with the Pistons. Credit to them. They did It the hard way and pulled It off.

This season however is a new year, the chances of Miami repeating all that are slim.

17. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Since Miami looks like an amazingly inferior team to the Mavericks right now (check the records), Wade should just keep his mouth shut. If they meet in the Finals again, then maybe, just maybe these comments would be relevant. Dirk's team is owning Miami's right now, and it doesn't matter what excuse Wade uses, Dirk is a step ahead right now. If Miami makes it back to the Finals again then yeah, this would be a fair assesment. For now, shut up and play Wade.

18. The Dream

<div class="quote_poster">AllNet Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah motivation to Dirk is a wise idea. Will likely drop 30+ on your team.

Since we are talking about the past can I brag about the Pistons winning the title on 04?

Fact is Miami came out of no where last year and played well at the right time and had that experience to win it all. It was just their year. They obviously had some help but that doesn't just decide a series. Miami beat Dallas last year along with the Pistons. Credit to them. They did It the hard way and pulled It off.

This season however is a new year, the chances of Miami repeating all that are slim.</div>

dropping 30 points still doesn't equate to clutch play, so he'll still be taunted (I'm not afraid of no Dirk...lol)....but Miami repeating isn't exactly "slim" imo...the east is weak, they have the best player in the league and with the addition of Jones, Kapono playing good, and a healthy Jason Williams and Shaq they could be right back in the finals

19. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I can't wait for Dirk to come to toyota center...I'm going to blow that quote up and post it on a poster board and go down to the front row and heckle him about it while Dallas is shooting around...haha.</div>

Yea I agree with AllNet. Dirk seems like the player who would look at that quote and take it serious, but hey we got T-Mac so go for it. [​IMG]

20. The Dream

<div class="quote_poster">Karma Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Since Miami looks like an amazingly inferior team to the Mavericks right now (check the records), Wade should just keep his mouth shut. If they meet in the Finals again, then maybe, just maybe these comments would be relevant. Dirk's team is owning Miami's right now, and it doesn't matter what excuse Wade uses, Dirk is a step ahead right now. If Miami makes it back to the Finals again then yeah, this would be a fair assesment. For now, shut up and play Wade.</div>

"amazingly inferior"????......don't know about that one....Miami played them close with no Shaq, Jones, or J Will......Miami has been banged up a lot this year, they're still an elite team in this league....